Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #41
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Brunell was a beast.
I remember that game. I remember someone saying it was Brunell's "Career Day". I wanted to yell at that person. 63 points in the playoffs isn't the career game? Some regular season game against an inferior team is? WTF?
Old 09-10-2008   #42
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed
You're preaching to the choir pal.........
I made my post, went to start dinner and thought, "Holy Mother of God! Did I just screw the pooch!" Yeah, you guys do have some idea. Thankfully, at least, Tennessee did finally have the cojones to drop Oilers and pick a new name and colors.

You are dead right. Take the team but leave the name and the history. Pastorini certainly wasn't no damned Titan!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #43
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Flacco look like Joe? I LOVE it!

I don't see it, but I love it!

Not looking like Boller would make me happy.
Just curious, but didn't Boller have some sort of great game his first start?
Old 09-10-2008   #44
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Just curious, but didn't Boller have some sort of great game his first start?
He started his NFL career going 5-3, which was third-best in NFL history for a rookie QB (before he was injured). In his first NFL game (2003 against the Steelers) he went 22-43 for 152 yards with one TD and one INT.

Boller is a serviceable QB, but in the lng run, he doesn't appear to have what it takes to carry a team to a championship.
Old 09-10-2008   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This forum could be renamed the 'Sky is falling on the Texans Talk'.

Don't believe that our team are as awful as some are making out, we got beaten badly by a better team, but I would be shocked if we didn't put in an above average effort against your Ravens.

One area of concern for most is the run defense, how have McGahee and Rice looked so far?
awe, c'mon now, kiwi. You know we all love our Texans. But we're not going to call a sprinkle covered dog turd a brownie. Six years of below average football will do that to a fan. All of our sentiment is born from passion, though. People ***** about the team because they care about the team.
Old 09-10-2008   #46
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
awe, c'mon now, kiwi. You know we all love our Texans. But we're not going to call a sprinkle covered dog turd a brownie. Six years of below average football will do that to a fan. All of our sentiment is born from passion, though. People ***** about the team because they care about the team.
Not arguing the passion of the posters, it is the passion that makes us all care way too much.

BTW DB is 32-65 our all time record? Thats pretty poor.

I'm going to go become a Titans fan.
J/K
Old 09-10-2008   #47
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he resembles simple jack more then he does montana.

"Mama, I'll see you again tonight in my head movies. But this head movies makes my eyes rain!"

"You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle."

I'm sure Mario will do both, makes his eyes rain and pee-pee tingle, on sunday.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2008   #48
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I think he resembles simple jack more then he does montana.

"Mama, I'll see you again tonight in my head movies. But this head movies makes my eyes rain!"

"You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle."

I'm sure Mario will do both, makes his eyes rain and pee-pee tingle, on sunday.
Ok, that made me laugh!
Old 09-11-2008   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
As long as he throws to Reeves side of the field, or to any of your TEs or RBs, or you guys run any draws or screens, he'll have a career day
That won't be hard seeing how this is his NFL "career" to date

J. Flacco 15/29 129 yds 0 TDs 0 Ints

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #50
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That won't be hard seeing how this is his "career" to date

J. Flacco 15/2912900

LMAO

ANTHING over 129 yards will be a career day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read