Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
The Texans will be able to watch last week's Ravens game and see what Joe does or doesn't do and how to react to it.

This should be a good game, no matter what.
Richard Smith sucks......he had a entire offseason to look at tape on Big Ben and Ben still only had one incomplete pass.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect Houston to beat the Steelers or shut down Ben, but c'mon.....offer up a defensive gameplan that's offers more than just Pittsburgh's 5th preseason opponent.

Never ever underestimate the soft prevent defense that Richard Smith throws out on the field. I think Ravens are going to win this game and yes......if that happens, because our defense can't get a rookie QB off the field, it's time to break out the pink soap....so all of you "photoshop experts" go ahead and start working on it.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #22
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he throws to Reeves side of the field, or to any of your TEs or RBs, or you guys run any draws or screens, he'll have a career day
Old 09-10-2008   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Richard Smith sucks......he had a entire offseason to look at tape on Big Ben and Ben still only had one incomplete pass.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect Houston to beat the Steelers or shut down Ben, but c'mon.....offer up a defensive gameplan that's offers more than just Pittsburgh's 5th preseason opponent.

Never ever underestimate the soft prevent defense that Richard Smith throws out on the field. I think Ravens are going to win this game and yes......if that happens, because our defense can't get a rookie QB off the field, it's time to break out the pink soap....so all of you "photoshop experts" go ahead and start working on it.

The worst part about it was that Demeco said they knew exactly what the Steelers would do and still couldn't stop it
Old 09-10-2008   #24
Polo

Quote:

Heres some soap for ya:

Old 09-10-2008   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
As long as he throws to Reeves side of the field, or to any of your TEs or RBs, or you guys run any draws or screens, he'll have a career day
So basically all they have to do is take the field, because that's just about every offensive play.......how pathetic are we, LOL.

- Edmund Burke
Old 09-10-2008   #26
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The worst part about it was that Demeco said they knew exactly what the Steelers would do and still couldn't stop it
Yeah...That sounds like guys getting purely pwned out there...
Old 09-10-2008   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco looks rough and tough, gunslinger-like. He might not be very successful, but he'll be VERY entertaining to watch.
Old 09-10-2008   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Heres some soap for ya:

Nah.....I need the pink soap, I kicked my soapbox to the curb a long time ago.

I mean, I'm sorry if I'm no longer "rah rah, everything is fine, delusional Texan fan".

When all you have watched is crap, then it's time to call it crap, until you start seeing something to suggest otherwise. I lost the blind faith about 3 seasons ago.....I now just make my predictions on stuff that's based on reality, you know....what I actually see on Sundays with my own eyes and as of right now, this team isn't showing me anything. Last Sunday was one of the most lopsided games in their entire franchise's history..(and with the Capers years...that's saying something)....domination in every aspect of the game. Other than the Rams or Bengals, there probably wasn't another NFL team that we could've beaten with our play last week.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2008   #29
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, are you guys toying with me so that I get shattered on Sunday?
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, this is not a Homer board. We befoul our own team and each other in here quite a bit. It can be entertaining at times.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #31
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
LOL, this is not a Homer board. We befoul our own team and each other in here quite a bit. It can be entertaining at times.
I went on the Indy board the week prior to the Colts-Ravens playoff game in 2006. Talk about a meatgrinder!

You guys seem much more laid-back and ready to talk facts, rather then fiction, then those Midwest goobers!
Old 09-10-2008   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This forum could be renamed the 'Sky is falling on the Texans Talk'.

Don't believe that our team are as awful as some are making out, we got beaten badly by a better team, but I would be shocked if we didn't put in an above average effort against your Ravens.

One area of concern for most is the run defense, how have McGahee and Rice looked so far?
Old 09-10-2008   #33
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Lets put it this way......if the Texans don't beat the Ravens in their home opener, the sky may not be falling, but it sure as hell will be cracked.

In this division we can't afford to lose "winnable" games (no offense Ravens fan....but when you look at our schedule this is one of the most "winnable" games for quite a while).

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-10-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2008   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I went on the Indy board the week prior to the Colts-Ravens playoff game in 2006. Talk about a meatgrinder!

You guys seem much more laid-back and ready to talk facts, rather then fiction, then those Midwest goobers!
From what I've seen on other boards (and this might not be true of all boards) but if the team has a successful history and is still doing quite well, the folks are hard asses and let you know it. Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #35
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.
Probably so we can reason away why we're so bad...ha ha
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #36
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This forum could be renamed the 'Sky is falling on the Texans Talk'.

Don't believe that our team are as awful as some are making out, we got beaten badly by a better team, but I would be shocked if we didn't put in an above average effort against your Ravens.

One area of concern for most is the run defense, how have McGahee and Rice looked so far?
Rice looks pretty good, but either he needs new shooz or the turf was just slippery to him and him only, as he lost his footing quite a bit against the Bengals. McGahee was able to play, but Harbaugh sat him out due to not practicing much after his knee surgery. But the news is that after watching Rice and McClain smash the ball down the Bengal's throats in the 4th quarter last week, he decided he needed to start practicing harder. He only has one game against the Texans, with 117 yards on 22 carries.

I don't know a ton about McClain (who does?). But at 6' 0" and 260 lbs., he appears to be a real bruiser out of the backfield. The kind of FB that can carry 5-6 tacklers while gaining 7-8 yards a carry with 12 minutes left on the game clock. If the Ravens have a small lead to protect, he will be the one getting the ball.
Old 09-10-2008   #37
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Lets put it this way......if the Texans don't beat the Ravens in their home opener, the sky may not be falling, but it sure as hell will be cracked.

In this division we can't afford to lose "winnable" games (no offense Ravens fan....but when you look at our schedule this is one of the most "winnable" games for quite a while).
None taken. We feel the same. Although after last week, we now feel that way about Cleveland, too.
Old 09-10-2008   #38
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
From what I've seen on other boards (and this might not be true of all boards) but if the team has a successful history and is still doing quite well, the folks are hard asses and let you know it. Those with teams not doing so well are generally more inclined to actually talk football with you.
Well, you have to remember the history between Baltimore and Indy, too. We didn't take too kindly to our team leaving town in the middle of a blizzard and then having Tagliabue fist us out of a team for 13 years......all the while watching people sitting in the Hoosierdome clapping like they were at a grade school play instead of a NFL game and telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was.

Losing that game SUCKED!!!!!!!! But at least we won a Super Bowl before they did!
Old 09-10-2008   #39
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was.
We feel you on that one. The Titans fans care nothing of the old Oilers. All the tributes are done in Houston and all us fans still feel the sting of all the hard losses. (Buffalo to be exact....oh oh, I'm going to be sick)
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #40
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
all the while watching people sitting in the Hoosierdome clapping like they were at a grade school play instead of a NFL game and telling everyone how great their "old" quarterback Johnny Unitas was!
You're preaching to the choir pal.........

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=38404

That Jackass actually got upset, because "Houston football" fans (it doesn't matter if the team moved....he played for this city) don't acknowledge Earl Campbell as a Tenn. Titan.

Hell even Earl doesn't acknewledge himself as a Tenn. Titan. The tried to honor him a few years back and he flat denied it and told them......"I wasn't a Tenn. Titan, I was a Houston Oiler".

Anytime a team leaves a city they should automatically leave the history (and name) with that city.....like what happened with the Browns and with the Seattle Sonics (yes whenever Seattle gets a team back, they've already worked out a agreement to get their name and records back)

If the NFL actually forced this on teams...not only would Cleveland still have the Browns (like they do), but

Baltimore would still have the Colts
and
Houston would still have the Oilers...

Tenn. and Indy, would be the ones forced to start up a new history from scratch.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read