Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

Then I think its time we sport the "Fire Smith" pink soap avatars. I'm tired of opposing offense's having their way with our defense. Their defense is gonna put a hurting on our offense and I dont expect us to score over 20 points. But I do expect our defense to do the same to their offense and I do expect the Texans to win the turnover battle and subsequently win a hard fought defensive football game with opportunistic big plays from our big time players (Mario, AJ, DeMeco, KRIS BROWN...) to provide us with the W on Sunday.

To recap however, if Flacco looks like Montana its pink soap time for Richard Smith.
Old 09-10-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

What if he just looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick?
Old 09-10-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What if he just looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick?
Or Joey Harrington?
Old 09-10-2008   #4
Polo

Brunell was a beast.
Old 09-10-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

LOL, sorry for the hijack. This is now the worst thread ever.

Old 09-10-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Then I think its time we sport the "Fire Smith" pink soap avatars. I'm tired of opposing offense's having their way with our defense. Their defense is gonna put a hurting on our offense and I dont expect us to score over 20 points. But I do expect our defense to do the same to their offense and I do expect the Texans to win the turnover battle and subsequently win a hard fought defensive football game with opportunistic big plays from our big time players (Mario, AJ, DeMeco, KRIS BROWN...) to provide us with the W on Sunday.

To recap however, if Flacco looks like Montana its pink soap time for Richard Smith.
If Flacco looks like Montana that would be great. Hannah that is......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco was my top QB prospect in the last draft but only after a couple years of development. Whereas Matt Ryan was ready made, in the shawdows of Tom Brady. Flacco is big & has a strong arm, think of Roethlisberger with better mobility & all Ben did was win a Superbowl his rookie year.

As a side note remember Baltimore traded up- with the Houston Texans to select Joe with the 18th overall pick, how ironic

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2008   #8
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Flacco was my top QB prospect in the last draft but only after a couple years of development. Whereas Matt Ryan was ready made, in the shawdows of Tom Brady. Flacco is big & has a strong arm, think of Roethlisberger with better mobility & all Ben did was win a Superbowl his rookie year.

As a side note remember Baltimore traded up- with the Houston Texans to select Joe with the 18th overall pick, how ironic
Flacco won't be as good as either of them, i mean im a fan but i expect his first couple of seasons to be fairly typical of big arm QBs now. they can bomb it but they get way to aggressive and it takes a couple years to get the accuracy down well enough to actually be an effective signal caller.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

And the Texans got Steve Slaton...hopefully, the irony is in our favor after he puts up 100+ rushing and a couple of TD's.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was very impressed with Flacco...very poised, good feet, can run, and has a great arm.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #11
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

He better not have one of those UGLY runs against our D
Old 09-10-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was very impressed with Flacco...very poised, good feet, can run, and has a great arm.
Sure, he scored a TD using his feet, but his speed looked very Bradyesque. Maybe he just has very long legs, but everytime I see the replay it reminds me of the footage of Brady's 40 yard dash at the combine. LOL!
Old 09-10-2008   #13
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Brunell was a beast.
Can't forget how JP Losman went Farve on us either. B-17 bomber in fact.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #14
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sure, he scored a TD using his feet, but his speed looked very Bradyesque. Maybe he just has very long legs, but everytime I see the replay it reminds me of the footage of Brady's 40 yard dash at the combine. LOL!
I was thinking "rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'"
Old 09-10-2008   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: If Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana against us...

Dude, they look nothing alike. :P
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #16
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

What's a QB like Joe doing with a Nerf like that....ha ha
Old 09-10-2008   #17
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco look like Joe? I LOVE it!

I don't see it, but I love it!

Not looking like Boller would make me happy.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #18
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Flacco look like Joe? I LOVE it!

I don't see it, but I love it!

Not looking like Boller would make me happy.
Ha ha. Welcome Daravenator. All of these comparisons stem from the fact that the Texans have made some so-so and not so good QBs look like Pro Bowlers in the past. We're just having a little fun with it instead of being down. Course if Flacco does look like Joe, then the mood here will change drastically...ha ha
Old 09-10-2008   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Perfect conditions for a career game against a Richard Smith defense.
Old 09-10-2008   #20
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Ha ha. Welcome Daravenator. All of these comparisons stem from the fact that the Texans have made some so-so and not so good QBs look like Pro Bowlers in the past. We're just having a little fun with it instead of being down. Course if Flacco does look like Joe, then the mood here will change drastically...ha ha
I think Flacco has the skills, and he certainly seems to have that "something" that seperates a mediocre QB from a good one. But this is only his second game. Cincy had no NFL tape to watch on him other than pre-season. The Texans will be able to watch last week's Ravens game and see what Joe does or doesn't do and how to react to it.

This should be a good game, no matter what.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read