Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #41
Polo

Default Re: Just Re-watched Steeler game on DVR, WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Yeah he gets real pissed after he gets steamrolled.
Considering everyone was getting manhandled a bit atleast he showed some fire.
Old 09-10-2008   #42
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 23 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Yes, it was Mario that hurt him.
Actually it was Amobi - in my other post on this thread I mentioned it. Amobi bullrushed two lineman and sort of half dove/rolled into Rottedburger down low. That's when big ben came up limping and nearly fell down handing the ball off on the next play. It was the second quarter.

Last edited by BuffaloglennTX; 09-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #43
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Texans Style Guide Note: You are not supposed to say "concussion." The proper terminology is "ding" or "dinged-up" or "knocked around."
I wish the Houston sports media would call him out on that. And by the way, what happens after Kubiak says, "you'll have to talk to Kevin"... Does anyone follow up and talk to Kevin?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #44
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Does Schaub's concussion scare anybody? Was it a nasty hit? Yes. But I don't want to think (again) about going through a season where our starting QB is always "one play" from being sidelined. Especially since this is probably the last year we have Sage.
Old 09-10-2008   #45
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Considering everyone was getting manhandled a bit atleast he showed some fire.
Nobody got manhandled like Myers......he was pratically thrown 3 yards back right into Slaton. Honestly even watching the guy play throughout the preseason and Sunday, he still really hasn't been able to hold the point in the running game. He needs to atleast hold the line so we don't have defenders playing in our backfield and god forbid, is it too much to ask for him to consistently drive people off the ball in the running game?

It's times like this where I miss Steve McKinney.....Steve played really well in the running game and with a healthy McKinney the Texans were atleast respectable running the ball. As of right now, I'm not sold on Myers. I hope it's just the new "scheme thing", but what scares me about Myers is he already has a couple of years experience in this scheme....he should be ahead of every other lineman.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #46
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Too lazy to start a new thread, but I was wondering, what happened to Daniel Owens, Short of a catch I dont recall seeing anything from him. Was he on pass protection all night or... ?
Old 09-10-2008   #47
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, this question is for all the "Amobi played a good game" bloggers: If you're taking an algebra test and show all your work, as far as doing the right formulas, but put the wrong answer down on your scantron, does the instructor give you credit just because you showed your work? Survey says - Aaaannnnnnnnnnn! If he played so well, and was so disruptive, then where are his final results?

And for you guys that don't think DTs are supposed to make plays in a 4-3 (especially the 3-technique DT), you're wrong. This is not a 3-4 where the DLmans job is keep blockers off of the ILBs so they can run and make plays. 4-3 DT, especially the 3-technique which Amobi plays, are supposed to make plays because most of the time they are facing single blocking. Travis, who plays the 1-technique, faces a double team almost every play. The reason why he's not that productive of a player is because he doesn't have enough bulk to hold his ground. The Texans need a BIG BODY there. Still, I don't care if he was running plays down from behind-there is no way he should have finished with more productivity than Amobi. I'll reiterate this one more time: There is no way a starter on the DL should finish with no productivity on the stat sheet against a run-first team. That's absurd!
Old 09-10-2008   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you at least just once in a while get a little feeling of deja vu..........and the interchangeability of the #8?

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #49
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Don't you at least just once in a while get a little feeling of deja vu..........and the interchangeability of the #8?
Usually not. Eating sacks or throwin ints instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, more so.

Teh Schaub hasn't looked like himself. But the offensive line has done him no favors either.
Old 09-10-2008   #50
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

We may get to the same endpoint, but it will be via a different route.

I've got a good friend in Atlanta who's a big Falcon fan, and I told him after last season that I was confident we hadn't traded for Scott Mitchell or Rob Johnson, but I wasn't as sure about Chris Chandler or Chris Miller.
Old 09-10-2008   #51
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Okay, this question is for all the "Amobi played a good game" bloggers: If you're taking an algebra test and show all your work, as far as doing the right formulas, but put the wrong answer down on your scantron, does the instructor give you credit just because you showed your work? Survey says - Aaaannnnnnnnnnn! If he played so well, and was so disruptive, then where are his final results?
Explain to me again how a physically demanding game that relies on the body being fit and able to perform as well as the mind is the same as a high school algebra test?
Old 09-10-2008   #52
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Explain to me again how a physically demanding game that relies on the body being fit and able to perform as well as the mind is the same as a high school algebra test?
Sorry if you don't get the analogy. What I'm saying is if he put in so much work in that game being disruptive (ala, showing his work on the test-or game), then where are the final results of that work (ala, doing all the work that you're supposed to, but still making a ZERO on the test). There, is that better for ya
Old 09-10-2008   #53
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry if you don't get the analogy. What I'm saying is if he put in so much work in that game being disruptive (ala, showing his work on the test-or game), then where are the final results of that work (ala, doing all the work that you're supposed to, but still making a ZERO on the test). There, is that better for ya
All of that come in after the coaches review the game with the team the next day, you have no idea what grade Kubiak/Franklin would give Amobi. Dalemurphy pretty much zoom in on Amobi and gave us a review of his game, and you refuse to hear it. Jay Foremon and Morlon Greenwood makes a bunch of tackles and on stat looks like elite LBs in the NFL, so when other poster bash them how come I don't see you defending them? They're a beast(stat-wise) but you don't say anything about it. Yet you're going to bash Amobi because his effort doesn't show up on the stats? You're really starting to come off as a Amobi hater.

Last edited by J-Russ; 09-10-2008 at 07:45 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #54
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There isn't a single person in the NFL that thinks like that (except maybe Al Davis), and for good reason. Numbers don't mean ****, it's how they contribute to the team that's important.

For example, say Amobi is really beating his guy. The offense may adjust to double team him, which takes pressure off of the ends. Mario could end up getting a sack because Amobi is playing so well. The defense succeeds and fails as a unit.

You really gotta lay off the fantasy football mentality, bro.

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 09-10-2008 at 08:19 PM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #55
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
There isn't a single person in the NFL that thinks like that (except maybe Al Davis), and for good reason. Numbers don't mean ****, it's how they contribute to the team that's important.

For example, say Amobi is really beating his guy. The offense may adjust to double team him, which takes pressure off of the ends. Mario could end up getting a sack because Amobi is playing so well. The defense succeeds and fails as a unit.

You really gotta lay of the fantasy football mentality, bro.
Well said Lucky13, the only stat that matters is wins, especially in an area as murky as the DL.
Old 09-10-2008   #56
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
All of that come in after the coaches review the game with the team the next day, you have no idea what grade Kubiak/Franklin would give Amobi. Dalemurphy pretty much zoom in on Amobi and gave us a review of his game, and you refuse to hear it. Jay Foremon and Morlon Greenwood makes a bunch of tackles and on stat looks like elite LBs in the NFL, so when other poster bash them how come I don't see you defending them? They're a beast(stat-wise) but you don't say anything about it. Yet you're going to bash Amobi because his effort doesn't show up on the stats? You're really starting to come off as a Amobi hater.
Look, I've been on Amobi's ass all preseason. I'm not a hater. Ya'll are just not f'ing realist! Amobi has been getting bashed since the preseason by other teams offensive lines. I saw Mario controlling and dominating his guy more than a few times, and the important part-HE MADE THE DAMN PLAY! I like Zac Diles, but he can play a lot better. What I gave Zac credit for is that a SAM LB isn't supposed to make that many tackles in a game. He may not be doing everything right like Amobi seems to be doing, but at least he's making plays. Morlon is what he is. I don't expect anything out of him. And just b/c somebody gave me their review doesn't mean that I'm swayed on my opinion. And don't give me this effort crap. Mark Simmons gave great effort. Kevis Coley gave great effort. B4 he was injured, Harry Williams gave great effort. What do Simmons and Coley get for their outstanding effort-Practice Squad Jobs! Yeahhhhh efforttttt! Hell, Jacques Reeves gives great effort. What the hell kind of slack do people cut him? Exactly.
Old 09-10-2008   #57
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

You really gotta lay off the fantasy football mentality, bro.

Okay guy, here's Amobi Okoye's Contribution to the team so far this season: 0 Unassisted Tackles, 0 Assisted Tackles, 0 QB Pressures, 0 Sacks. And did you say that teams will look to double team Amobi Okoye when MARIO WILLIAMS is playing next to him That's too funny! You have one of the most dominate DEs in the league right now playing next to Amobi, and they're going to double team Amobi? Really? Bwahahaha! Tell you what, I'll lay off the fantasy football mentality if you lay off the bong pipe. Deal?

Last edited by Texan JBZ; 09-10-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #58
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Well said Lucky13, the only stat that matters is wins, especially in an area as murky as the DL.
Steelers 38 - Texans 17! Steelers: 39 attempts, 183 yards, 3 rushing TDs, 4.7 (that's 4.7) yards/carry. Texans..nevermind. Steelers: 5 sacks. Mario: 2 sacks. ADVANTAGE: STEELERS!
Old 09-10-2008   #59
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Dude, are you actually trying to convince us of something? Get over it. You're not reaching the same conclusions as everyone else. It happens. Go back and re-watch the game and iso on Okoye and convince yourself. If you're really interested in evaluating Okoye's play, you'll figure it out. I'm pretty sure we're all disinterested in convincing you of anything.
Old 09-10-2008   #60
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you rewatch it the 10th time, you will finally go back to your original conclusion.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read