Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2008   #101
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mommy: "He's hurting inside and out."

Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn't original sin. He's born with the tragedy that he has to grow up. That he has to leave the nest, the security, and go out to do battle. He has to lose everything that is wonderful and fight for a new wonderful of his own making, and it's a tragedy. A lot of people don't have the courage to do it. -- Helen Hayes
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #102
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: VY's Mom: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
and some people go into "suicide mode"

we are all "individuals" that handle things differently...........
Who are you, VY's brother?

I don't wish any ill on the dude personally. I've dealt with anxiety and things like that on a personal as well as family level and I know what it's like to experience difficult emotions that you can't explain or wrap your mind around.

But you were sure flinging the mud mercilessly at David Carr for years, and you've said a lot of harsh things to other posters on these boards. Where was all of this empathetic, put-yourself-in-his-shoes stuff then?

I think VY is a turd of a football player and this, combined with Mario's play, only reinforces my long-held belief that we drafted the right guy. But personally, I don't have anything against him and wish him the best in his recovery, whatever demons he is fighting now.
Old 09-10-2008   #103
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so has Vince since the end of his Rookie Year. I thought he would turn things around this year but with his attitude problem it might just get worse.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 09-10-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #104
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so does Vince.
Carr did suck. I just think it's funny that Dream is so regularly harsh on other players and even to other posters here in other threads and yet he is pulling every "but" in the book out and advocating this compassionate empathy for his hero now.
Old 09-10-2008   #105
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I know a whole lot about anxiety and depression. I spent about in year in therapy for anxiety and learned so much I can probably be a therapist myself.

Chemical imbalances do exist however they are a result of unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns. Over time those become automatic because one unknowingly programs their brain to do those things. Chemical imbalances are not some biological defect in the brain as big pharma and even some doctors would like you to believe.

However I am not yet convinced VY is truly experiencing a true anxiety / depression issue or if he just can't handle the pressure of the NFL for many reasons already expressed in this thread. It could be a combination of all the above. It is true that when one is having an anxiety issue they are generally over senstive and over react to everything due to nervous system overstimulation.

The only way to really reverse this is to help that person change his unhealthy behaviors and bad thought patterns which put him in his condition to start with. That takes a good bit of time and a LOT of work on the patients part. Part of that recovery process also involves removing that person from stressful situations which in VY's case would involve being out of football for at least a year.

For his sake hopefully he won't go the medication route if anxiety & depression are truly his issue. Those meds are dangerous, only prolong and often worsen the problem.

OK, I am off my therapist chair.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #106
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I know a whole lot about anxiety and depression. I spent about in year in therapy for anxiety and learned so much I can probably be a therapist myself.

Chemical imbalances do exist however they are a result of unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns. Over time those become automatic because one unknowingly programs their brain to do those things. Chemical imbalances are not some biological defect in the brain as big pharma and even some doctors would like you to believe.

However I am not yet convinced VY is truly experiencing a true anxiety / depression issue or if he just can't handle the pressure of the NFL for many reasons already expressed in this thread. It could be a combination of all the above. It is true that when one is having an anxiety issue they are generally over senstive and over react to everything due to nervous system overstimulation.

The only way to really reverse this is to help that person change his unhealthy behaviors and bad thought patterns which put him in his condition to start with. That takes a good bit of time and a LOT of work on the patients part. Part of that recovery process also involves removing that person from stressful situations which in VY's case would involve being out of football for at least a year.

For his sake hopefully he won't go the medication route if anxiety & depression are truly his issue. Those meds are dangerous, only prolong and often worsen the problem.

OK, I am off my therapist chair.
In layman terms:

The only demon he faces is going from BMOC to a mediocre / poor QB at the next level. There's a term for it. It's called "my pee-pee hurts coach" syndrome.
Old 09-10-2008   #107
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
In layman terms:

The only demon he faces is going from BMOC to a mediocre / poor QB at the next level. There's a term for it. It's called "my pee-pee hurts coach" syndrome.
Hmm....I wonder if he ever hung out with McLady....
Old 09-10-2008   #108
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

My take on the whole Vince Young thing is that he got by on his talent and never had to grow up. Now's his chance. I wouldn't say he's blowing it because we all go through stupid periods before we grow up. Or, well, I know I sure did. But I think he's definitely at a crossroads where he can choose to grow up and grow into his career or he can continue to be a child and party (pity or otherwise) his career away.

Of course, that's just me.
Old 09-10-2008   #109
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
My take on the whole Vince Young thing is that he got by on his talent and never had to grow up. Now's his chance. I wouldn't say he's blowing it because we all go through stupid periods before we grow up. Or, well, I know I sure did. But I think he's definitely at a crossroads where he can choose to grow up and grow into his career or he can continue to be a child and party (pity or otherwise) his career away.

Of course, that's just me.
I wish I could have waited until 25 to grow up (and got rich while I didn't).
Old 09-10-2008   #110
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Titan fan, I have no sympathy at all for him and think this has taken a turn for the stupid.. He should count his lucky stars he's in Nashville and not a town that eats their own like Philly, Chicago or NYC. Can you imagine how Philly fans would skewer him if he was an Eagle? Man, look at how they booed McNabb, and he took them to a Super Bowl.

If you don't like getting booed and can't handle the heat, retuirn your signing bonus, get out of the kitchen and go flip burgers.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #111
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Carr deserved it but at this point so does Vince. When you play poorly and then show no commitment to making things better and changing things you deserve all the criticism you get, personal or not. Carr sucked and at this point so has Vince since the end of his Rookie Year. I thought he would turn things around this year but with his attitude problem it might just get worse.
Been saying he sucked for a while and you have been vile and subhuman against me cause poor little vy went to ut. Seriously, I am laughing at all this. Alll of you vy jock-eyepatch wearing lets say disparaging remarks to the non-vy fans deserve all of this karma. At least Carr never quit on his team. He played like dog poo but never ever quit.

How does that jock smell now?

vy is a quiter!!
Old 09-10-2008   #112
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He should have seen what Mario went through.....I'm glad Mario was strong enough to ignore the people that absolutely hated him. I probably would have popped some steam off eventually.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #113
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 15618 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
lol you literally have zero clue what's going on in Young's head
Never said I did. Matter of fact I did not even bring up the whole "whats going on in Young's head" issue. Looks to me that Young is eating not just a slice, but a whole Humble Pie. That can be harder for some to choke down then others.

I did state that I think he is having a particularly bad case of boo boo lip at the moment. Not in those exact words of course. If he continues this downward spiral and does not pull himself out of this funk it could lead to depression and anxiety problems.

I do find it rather peculiar that these issues with Young pop up only during football season though. With the media hype surrounding this guy you would have figured we would have heard something before his journey to the NFL or during the off season at least.
Old 09-10-2008   #114
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mom: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post

we are all "individuals" that handle things differently...........
And Vince's way of handling things is pouting and acting like a three year old when he facs criticism. that's the only point people are trying to make. You say that he has some abandoned childhood issues, maybe so, but I ask you this. Where were all these issues when he was at UT? Maybe he's been a pampered star athlete his whole life until things started to get bumpy in the pro's and he faced criticism,and instead of taking it like a man he does what he's doing now. Bottom line, he needs to grow up.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #115
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i didnt wanna read everything.. so this might have been posted already... but as much as i love vince young for bring the ship back to UT... he has to cowboy the ******* up and get over it.... look at all the stuff mario had to put up with untill last season..... its simple vince.. make plays and dont turn the ball over....
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #116
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
this is the most nonsensical post made on this forum, and i've seen a lot of them, most coming from me
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #117
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
this is the most nonsensical post made on this forum, and i've seen a lot of them, most coming from me
i can back hook 'em up on that one

The mind is a very powerful weapon
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #118
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lol what does that even mean, do you have any idea what you're talking about? just saying "the mind is a very powerful weapon" doesn't actually make it true fyi, it just means you don't understand how the brain works
Old 09-10-2008   #119
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

also anytime someone says "BIG PHARMACY" my retinas start to shoot blood from the intense eyerolling that follows
Old 09-10-2008   #120
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what it means I have dealt with depression and how thought patterns in certain situations can affect someone... social anxiety ....is one thing

I have had a panic attack at one time many years ago in austin when I couldn't walk into a HEB (grocery store) because I felt "watched"

I know it was all in my mind ... but it was a very uncomfortable feeling and I felt I couldn't do anything about it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read