Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2008   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 30 Years Ago This Season ...

The Luv Ya Blue era started. Earl Campbell was a rookie and the Oilers would finally make a name for themselves nationwide by making it to the AFC Championship game.

For me personally it was when I became a fan of the Oilers and the NFL. My family had just moved to Houston from Austin and I had my first exposure to the Oilers. I always liked to say we followed Earl to Houston.

It's hard to believe it has been 30 years.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #2
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 30 Years Ago This Season ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The Luv Ya Blue era started. Earl Campbell was a rookie and the Oilers would finally make a name for themselves nationwide by making it to the AFC Championship game.

For me personally it was when I became a fan of the Oilers and the NFL. My family had just moved to Houston from Austin and I had my first exposure to the Oilers. I always liked to say we followed Earl to Houston.

It's hard to believe it has been 30 years.

I was there with you but I had suffered some pretty bad years up til then.
Old 09-10-2008   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 30 Years Ago This Season ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I was there with you but I had suffered some pretty bad years up til then.
Me too! Great memories of a fantastic time in history!! LUV YA BLUE!! BUT, ya know what!!? I STILL LOVE YA BLUE!! It's just a darker, STEEL blue, but it brings to my life the same things the Oilers did back in the day. Hope, optimism, joy, friendships, excitement; coupled with pain, disappointment, heartache, frustration. BUT, after all is said and done, I was honored and proud to be an OILER fan, and I feel the same way about our TEXANS!! Such is life with a diehard football fan!! You take the bad with the good and just keep on believing!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read