Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-23-2004   #1
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Exclamation Need HELP Understanding......

I know I'm going to hurt some Texan Fans feelings but Someone explain to me how Andre Johnson Goes to the Pro Bowl and Drew Bennett Doesn`t?

Rank Player Team Rec Yds Avg TDs
1 Drew Bennett TEN 76 1171 15.4 10
4 Andre Johnson HOU 73 1083 14.8 5
I guess it is a makeup call for Danta Robinson not getting in
Old 12-23-2004   #2
Texan_in_KS
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden cover

Numbers dont tell the whole picture. I think fans get to caught up in the actual stat lines and dont look at how each player affects a game. I'm not downing Bennett at all, he's put up some great numbers, and great games, but he's not of AJ's caliber.

Just look at the praise AJ received from Bennetts own coach which was quoted in another thread. AJ dictates a lot more of what a defense prepares for than Bennett ever will imho.
Texan_in_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #3
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
I know I'm going to hurt some Texan Fans feelings but Someone explain to me how Andre Johnson Goes to the Pro Bowl and Drew Bennett Doesn`t?

Rank Player Team Rec Yds Avg TDs
1 Drew Bennett TEN 76 1171 15.4 10
4 Andre Johnson HOU 73 1083 14.8 5
I guess it is a makeup call for Danta Robinson not getting in

(2) Wins for Johnson over Bennett and the Titans (one of the worst teams in the NFL this Year).

The question should be, what have Bennet's stats meant to his team. Not a whole lot, when you continue to lose every week. Sorry but awards should go to the successful teams.

Yes the Texans are sub 500 but we are only sending one player. Last year when we were not as good we did not anyone to the Pro Bowl. Which we shouldn't have. Call it the Randy Johnson effect!! You win with your team, and You lose with your team.
shinerbock_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking You Are Right

Most Patriot fans who post on here should seek help.

Present company excepted of course.

cac
Old 12-23-2004   #5
Doom Capers
Veteran

A lot of Drew's stats are from the past couple games. AJ has been known as a threat since his sick catch in the KC game. I think that opened a lot of peoples eyes. Plus AJ is a hell of a blocker, have you ever seen Drew lay someone out?
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

Plus... Drew is very good... but Robinson has for the last 3 games made other teams double and yes, triple team him alone! Drew is good, but he has more help on the team where most teams cannot afford to triple team drew because of other impact players.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read