Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Simms a Titan

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...ith-Simms.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Simms a Titan

Wolf, how many RSS feeds do you subscribe to? LOL. We were talking potato salad today with Bubba's owner at Gary's golf tournament. His is excellent, no HEB stuff for him.

Anyway, this looks like the titans think VY is out for more than a week with an ankle sprain to me.
Old 09-09-2008   #3
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got keep the population of ut disapointments high in Possum Holler
Old 09-09-2008   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is good news. Austin hates Chris Simms, maybe we'll get more games on tv now if Simms plays.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Wolf, how many RSS feeds do you subscribe to? LOL. We were talking potato salad today with Bubba's owner at Gary's golf tournament. His is excellent, no HEB stuff for him.

Anyway, this looks like the titans think VY is out for more than a week with an ankle sprain to me.
This looks to me like they're buying their star QB some time to get his head right. They know they're a better team with Collins than they ever could be with Vince so they're going to bring him along slow and let Collins win some games Vince might not.
Old 09-09-2008   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think he sprained a ligament in his knee...somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe it was his ankle at all.

I know when he went down he was clutching his knee...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I think he sprained a ligament in his knee...somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe it was his ankle at all.

I know when he went down he was clutching his knee...
Correct.

MCL I believe.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2008   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

You are right, I misspoke. It is the knee. The potato salad threw me off. I think at this point, the head is a bigger concern than the leg.
Old 09-10-2008   #9
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Hornsfans.com has been REAL entertaining this week with threads like "I want to rescue Vince from this horrible team", "VY - I hope I am wrong", "Will Vince get benched this season?", "We made Vince a star in one game", "VY - Stranger and Stranger", "VY wants to retire?", "End of VY in Tennessee", etc, etc.

I have had a field day reading all of that stuff. It's so funny how so many of those VY worshipers are bailing on the Titans and blaming them for all of his woes.

I hate the Titans as much as the next guy however it's obvious the Titans are winning despite Vince Young and it's him who is sucking despite of his overinflated ego.

Now with the signing of Simms it is going to get even more funnier over there.

BTW, one guy is still boasting how VY won the ROY award (blaming the Titans for screwing him up) however I would like to know what his passer rating was that season (I would look but it is taking me too long to look up anything from here). My guess is it is probably the all time worst for any QB that won the ROY. If I remember correctly he basically won that thing by running all round and also by getting credit for the dominant play of the Titans defense who became "great by being inspired by his presence" (believe it or not someone posted that too).

Enjoy

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...Board=football
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the head is a bigger concern than the leg.
That's because it always been over inflated!! At some point in time, AIR always leaks out of a bubble!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
This is good news. Austin hates Chris Simms, maybe we'll get more games on tv now if Simms plays.
I had the same thought, but I believe as much as they hated Simms this will only strengthen the Titan's TV prospects in Austin.
Old 09-10-2008   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I had the same thought, but I believe as much as they hated Simms this will only strengthen the Titan's TV prospects in Austin.
Why ? Where's the link for Austin if VY isn't in the Titans Lineup ? Just to hate on Simms ?
Not that I'd be that surprised if they wouldn't pick up Texans games if VY is not playing for the Titans, but why would Austin TV pick up the Titans instead of the Broncos, Chiefs, etc. for their AFC option ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Why ? Where's the link for Austin if VY isn't in the Titans Lineup ? Just to hate on Simms ?
Not that I'd be that surprised if they wouldn't pick up Texans games if VY is not playing for the Titans, but why would Austin TV pick up the Titans instead of the Broncos, Chiefs, etc. for their AFC option ?
I believe if money is their driving force, and after all the hell Gary has recieved from us in Austin the Texans would be on if the Titans weren't.

Where's the link for Austin?? Houston is the Texas' AFC rep at Austin's CBS affiliate, KEYE. As for the hating on Simms thing, not really. I think it gives Gary another excuse to show the Titans, that's all. I think Gary would play the ratings excuse. I'm not a Longhorn fan, go ask one of them what they think.
Old 09-10-2008   #14
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not a Longhorn fan, go ask one of them what they think.
I think the Texans are the AFC home team in Austin and should be aired for that reason just like everywhere else in this country.

On Sundays I see uniform colors and logos on helmets more than I do the names on the back. I could honestly care less what former Longhorns or anyone else for that matter do on Sundays unless they are playing in a game I care about.

To me it's all about rooting for teams. Sure, it's nice if a player that you rooted for on Saturdays because he played on your favorite team goes on to play for your favorite team on Sundays. However if not they don't really matter to me.

All that being said the truth is many of those man loving UT fans are not really fans of the NFL. Sunday is just an afterthought and their only interest is watching former Longhorns.
Old 09-10-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Hornsfans.com has been REAL entertaining this week with threads like "I want to rescue Vince from this horrible team", "VY - I hope I am wrong", "Will Vince get benched this season?", "We made Vince a star in one game", "VY - Stranger and Stranger", "VY wants to retire?", "End of VY in Tennessee", etc, etc.

I have had a field day reading all of that stuff. It's so funny how so many of those VY worshipers are bailing on the Titans and blaming them for all of his woes.

I hate the Titans as much as the next guy however it's obvious the Titans are winning despite Vince Young and it's him who is sucking despite of his overinflated ego.

Now with the signing of Simms it is going to get even more funnier over there.

BTW, one guy is still boasting how VY won the ROY award (blaming the Titans for screwing him up) however I would like to know what his passer rating was that season (I would look but it is taking me too long to look up anything from here). My guess is it is probably the all time worst for any QB that won the ROY. If I remember correctly he basically won that thing by running all round and also by getting credit for the dominant play of the Titans defense who became "great by being inspired by his presence" (believe it or not someone posted that too).

Enjoy

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...Board=football
I agree. Honestly, I think if the titans had a good QB they could easily be a top 5 in the NFL. Son of a *****, that hurt to say that.
Old 09-10-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
That's a very good point... Maybe Austenn can return to Austin.
Old 09-10-2008   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I agree. Honestly, I think if the titans had a good QB they could easily be a top 5 in the NFL. Son of a *****, that hurt to say that.
Unfortunately it's true though...
Old 09-10-2008   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think the Texans are the AFC home team in Austin and should be aired for that reason just like everywhere else in this country.

On Sundays I see uniform colors and logos on helmets more than I do the names on the back. I could honestly care less what former Longhorns or anyone else for that matter do on Sundays unless they are playing in a game I care about.

To me it's all about rooting for teams. Sure, it's nice if a player that you rooted for on Saturdays because he played on your favorite team goes on to play for your favorite team on Sundays. However if not they don't really matter to me.

All that being said the truth is many of those man loving UT fans are not really fans of the NFL. Sunday is just an afterthought and their only interest is watching former Longhorns.
I think most of us are that way. I rooted against Hakeen as a Raptor if what he was doing was against the Rockets best interests. BTW, you have the Austin sports fan pegged. As a fan of professional athletics (generally) over college I've run into some shaking heads with rolling eyes in this town.

My real point about Simms was I'm sure the UT fan in Austin would like to see Simms play after his terrible speen injury in TB and now with his new lease on the NFL as a Titan, all the while saying to themeselves Major was better and Simms sucked. I'm interested to see how that works out as well but of course not at the expense of missing my team on Sunday.
Old 09-10-2008   #19
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Quote:

My real point about Simms was I'm sure the UT fan in Austin would like to see Simms play after his terrible speen injury in TB and now with his new lease on the NFL as a Titan, all the while saying to themeselves Major was better and Simms sucked. I'm interested to see how that works out as well but of course not at the expense of missing my team on Sunday.
Good question. I am a Longhorn fan and never hated on Simms. I wanted him to do well in Tampa. However I can't root for him to do well now (again, team takes priority over player, I hate the Titans).

I guess for those on of us that live in Austin just be glad the Titans didn't sign Major Applewhite.
Old 09-10-2008   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

always thought you'd have a fairly good Qb if you could put Applewhites head on Simm's body
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read