Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: is it finally the cards year?
no (maybe next year) 6 37.50%
no they'll disappoint as always 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Finally the cards year?

Looking at the NFC West is usually something people do because they're in need of some amusement. This year is no different.

The Cards took an away win at a divisional opponent who many people mistakenly tipped to compete last season. The Seahawks have massive problems on the offense, with a receiving corps who've combined for about 3 career catches since Burleson was placed on IR, Matt Hasselbeck isn't fully fit, and their top running back, Mo Morris, is out for two weeks.

As for the St Louis Rams, what can be said that hasn't been said already? Well, they're slow, they're weak on both lines, at linebacker, in the defensive backfield, everyone's favourite murderer Leonard Little has a hamstring problem along with guard Jacob bell, FA flop Bennett is out for a month. Ok that's all been said already, what hasn't been said is that at this point they could probably be beaten by an all-homeless team are hurtling towards another top 3 draft pick if they don't suddenly get much better.

So, is it the Cards year? I just can't bring myself to expect much them after them looking good for the last few years and failing to deliver.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Finally the cards year?

I've always liked the Cards for some reason. Maybe because they're always the underdog. Or, maybe I just like rooting for teams that suck?

Anywho, you've got 2 no's on the poll but no yes?? I think they'll make the playoffs because their division sucks.

So, I vote yes. They will make it to the playoffs, but will likely have a quick exit.
Old 09-09-2008   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope so. it'd be nice to see some new blood in the playoffs
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

should've included another no option.
Old 09-09-2008   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've always liked the Cards for some reason. Maybe because they're always the underdog. Or, maybe I just like rooting for teams that suck?

Anywho, you've got 2 no's on the poll but no yes?? I think they'll make the playoffs because their division sucks.

So, I vote yes. They will make it to the playoffs, but will likely have a quick exit.
thats the joke.. its the cards!

Quote:
should've included another no option.
damnit- i knew id f it up
Old 09-09-2008   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
thats the joke.. its the cards!

damnit- i knew id f it up
Well, if it's a joke then I reckon it's a joke on the Texans too. The Cards are better than we are at this time.
Old 09-09-2008   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, if it's a joke then I reckon it's a joke on the Texans too. The Cards are better than we are at this time.

where did i say the texans were great again?

just because we played crap (and might suck) doesnt mean we still cant have a laugh
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
where did i say the texans were great again?

just because we played crap (and might suck) doesnt mean we still cant have a laugh
Oh I know, I wasn't meaning to sound like an ass. Trust me, I'm all for a laugh.
Old 09-09-2008   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh I know, I wasn't meaning to sound like an ass. Trust me, I'm all for a laugh.
alright man.. we're all a little touchy these days so i wasnt sure.

i wont lie. i ripped it straight off another nfl board because i thought it was pretty funny.

this was their poll.

Quote:
Is this finally the cards yr?

a) no
but we have to have at least 2 poll options @ TT
Old 09-09-2008   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So, is it the Cards year? I just can't bring myself to expect much them after them looking good for the last few years and failing to deliver.
Sounds like a team I follow closely.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

time to start a 'is it finally the texans year?' joke poll
Old 01-30-2009   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do they have to win the Superbowl or just get to it?

When I find out, I'll answer the poll.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
time to start a 'is it finally the texans year?' joke poll
Yes, definitely.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read