Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2004   #1
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Default D-Rob in PRO BOWL as a ROOKIE

I was just submitting my pro bowl ballot on NFL.com, and i got to the cornerback category. i just want yall to look at each stat and tell me that D-Rob should not be in the probowl.

Choose up to 3
AFC Cornerback Choose up to 3
NFC Cornerback

Player Team INT TAK PassesDefensed
AFC
D. Abraham NYJ 1 40 8
C. Bailey DEN 3 66 8
D. Barrett NYJ 2 60 10
G. Baxter BAL 0 65 10
P. Buchanon OAK 3 53 7
N. Clements BUF 3 61 9
J. David IND 3 33 7
S. Davis SD 1 37 10
A. Dyson TEN 5 33 12
A. Glenn HOU 4 51 8
N. Harper IND 3 63 7
A. Henry CLE 4 57 11
K. Herndon DEN 1 56 15
T. James CIN 7 47 10
Q. Jammer SD 0 38 7
T. Law NE 1 28 3
S. Madison MIA 0 33 5
R. Mathis JAC 2 46 13
C. McAlister BAL 1 35 7
D. McCleon KC 0 26 4
D. McCutcheon CLE 2 50 9
D. O'Neal CIN 3 35 12
T. Poole NE 1 12 3
D. Robinson HOU 5 65 17
S. Rolle TEN 1 28 7
C. Scott PIT 1 24 6
P. Surtain MIA 3 45 9
D. Townsend PIT 4 48 11
T. Vincent BUF 0 12 1
E. Warfield KC 4 42 9
D. Washington JAC 1 62 7
C. Woodson OAK 1 71 9
NFC[/b]
W. Allen NYG 1 59 14
A. Ambrose NO 3 25 9
J. Azumah CHI 4 30 6
R. Barber TB 2 67 9
D. Bly DET 4 28 11
S. Brown PHI 1 72 13
F. Bryant DET 0 51 9
J. Butler STL 4 61 14
A. Carroll GB 1 40 6
T. Fisher STL 1 16 2
L. Frazier DAL 1 15 4
C. Gamble CAR 3 57 9
A. Harris GB 1 51 16
B. Kelly TB 4 43 15
K. Lucas SEA 5 49 13
D. Macklin ARI 3 59 12
R. Manning CAR 2 46 4
K. Mathis ATL 2 56 7
T. Newman DAL 2 49 9
W. Peterson NYG 2 45 8
A. Plummer SF 0 22 7
L. Sheppard PHI 4 45 12
F. Smoot WAS 3 52 11
S. Spencer SF 0 45 4
S. Springs WAS 3 49 8
D. Starks ARI 2 38 8
F. Thomas NO 0 42 3
C. Tillman CHI 0 23 0
M. Trufant SEA 3 64 11
J. Webster ATL 1 39 10
B. Williams MIN 0 51 5
A. Winfield MIN 3 81 8

Now make a case that there is a corner in the the NFL that has earned his place in the probowl more than Dunta Robinson.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

T. James from Cincinatti with 7 interceptions. That's the only possibility I see for beating out Robinson.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #3
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Yes but there are 3 cbs going. so shouldnt Dunta still get a spot?
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, he should definitely be there.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #5
georgewashington
Veteran

just because he should go, does not mean that he will. This happens every year, and it will be especially hard for a rookie to make it in. People vote very biased for the probow, including for their home teams, for veterans with marque names, and for people that are showman. Dunta is having a great season, but i doubt he will be in hawaii
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

GW is right.. Dante IS deserving and I hope he does go,but outside of Houston .. We don't get much press coverage so it will be tough.
But it would be great if he could go!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

If I'm not mistaken the Pro Bowl voting is a mix of fans, coaches, and players voting. I'm not sure of what percentage each gets, but D. Rob could get into the Pro Bowl this year if he's impressed opposing coaches and players enough. I agree that he won't get many votes outside of Houston, but I'm sure all the coaches that decided to challenge Dunta instead of Glenn have a lasting memory of him picking off their QB. It is very tough for a rookie to make it to the Pro Bowl, but Bolden made it last year for the lowly Cardinals. We could potentially have three players make the Pro Bowl from the Texans: Sharper, AJ, and Robinson. Sharper and DRob have the toughest road to get in to the Pro Bowl though. You can pencil in Ray Lewis as the starting MLB already. Hopefully they all make it to Hawaii.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2004   #8
georgewashington
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
If I'm not mistaken the Pro Bowl voting is a mix of fans, coaches, and players voting. I'm not sure of what percentage each gets, but D. Rob could get into the Pro Bowl this year if he's impressed opposing coaches and players enough. I agree that he won't get many votes outside of Houston, but I'm sure all the coaches that decided to challenge Dunta instead of Glenn have a lasting memory of him picking off their QB. It is very tough for a rookie to make it to the Pro Bowl, but Bolden made it last year for the lowly Cardinals. We could potentially have three players make the Pro Bowl from the Texans: Sharper, AJ, and Robinson. Sharper and DRob have the toughest road to get in to the Pro Bowl though. You can pencil in Ray Lewis as the starting MLB already. Hopefully they all make it to Hawaii.
I believe each has an equal 1/3 of the vote. Bolden made it because he had ridiculous numbers and some amazing catches that were all over ESPN. Dunta wont have that advantage, his interceptions have not been the most spectacular plays so people wont notice as much. He may get some of the coaches and players noticing, but it is a tough road for him to Hawaii. I would say that in a year or two, he will be feared and recognized by all. I think aside from his INTs, what i think people will see is that he goes for hits like a safety. He can lay the wood.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
Dunta wont have that advantage, his interceptions have not been the most spectacular plays so people wont notice as much. He may get some of the coaches and players noticing, but it is a tough road for him to Hawaii. I would say that in a year or two, he will be feared and recognized by all.
I agree. When the Texans start winning, Dunta will be in the Pro Bowl. Until then, Bailey, Law, & McAlister are your AFC Pro Bowl corners.
Old 12-06-2004   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

champ, c. woodson, tory james, mccalister. they might not lead in those stats, but thats because they shut WRs down completely
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

You must not have seen enough of D-Rob to know what US texans fans are talking about ! Yeah and i have seen Champ get completely blown out in games !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #12
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

im pretty sure indys recievers had their way with dunta as well. they had him pulling out the no respect card for how bad they burned him
Old 12-06-2004   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 269149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
champ, c. woodson, tory james, mccalister. they might not lead in those stats, but thats because they shut WRs down completely
Champ has been far from a shut down CB this year, in fact he has gotten lit up several times this year.
Old 12-06-2004   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I believe Robinson has ProBowl numbers. However, because he plays in Houston and because he is part of a team that gives up many TD passes and because he is a rookie, he will not make it.

Robinson could be viewed as one of those rookies that even though he exceeded his rookie season, he also must show that he can do it next year also before they give him a ProBowl nod.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pro Bowl may be out of reach but he has a real shot at defensive rookie of the year. A good game against Peyton could really help him out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
im pretty sure indys recievers had their way with dunta as well. they had him pulling out the no respect card for how bad they burned him

haha actually i dont think you watched the last game when we faced indy, because D-Rob didnt pull out no card, oh your thinking of chad johnnson , LOL ok well he wasnt burned in that game by the way, infact we kept indy from having many BIG plays, but yall had a lot of plays so try to know what your talking about before you say it !
Old 12-06-2004   #17
Doug
All Pro

It's kind of hard to think that D Rob will make it to the pro bowl in his rookie season when the league leader in tackles last year, Jamie Sharper didn't even make it. Not to mention he's putting up big numbers again. Nothing would make me happier than to see D Rob and Jamie make it to Hawaii this year. Yet I don't see it happening due to the team that they play for.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #18
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha actually i dont think you watched the last game when we faced indy, because D-Rob didnt pull out no card, oh your thinking of chad johnnson , LOL ok well he wasnt burned in that game by the way, infact we kept indy from having many BIG plays, but yall had a lot of plays so try to know what your talking about before you say it !
well, he did pull out the "disrespect" card, you cant argue that.
Old 12-06-2004   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well he may have, but if a guy feels he our his team is beign disrespected than he's gonna say something. D-Rob plays with a lot of intensity and if he dont make the Pro Bowl its not because lack of talent, its cause our record ! He sure can put a hit on people though !
Old 12-06-2004   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Our defense stinks so that can't help Dunta's case. Plus, how often do you see #2 CBs in the pro bowl?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read