Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-08-2008   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Helmet changes?

Is there something different about the helmets or the straps this year? In the first week of the season - 5 games watched - I've seen helmets pop off of heads during play more than ALL of last season. I think I've seen one a game. And last night the same dude lost his helmet TWICE. What's up with that? Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Helmet changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Is there something different about the helmets or the straps this year? In the first week of the season - 5 games watched - I've seen helmets pop off of heads during play more than ALL of last season. I think I've seen one a game. And last night the same dude lost his helmet TWICE. What's up with that? Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?
Troy Aikman made mention of it..said when he played his helmet was so tight he had trouble getting it off so he didn't understand them flying off like that. That same Browns player kept losing his. I would suspect he needed to use a stronger strap or something dumb like that....they have equipment guys on the sidelines that can fix anything!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they've gone to maple helmets this year
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason that guy on the Browns kept losing his hat is because he was only snapping two of the four straps.

For some unkown reason, it has become "cool" over the last few years to only tighten the front two straps & leave the back two hanging.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read