Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-08-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Riddle me this batman:Qb ratings

yahoo has leftwich
0-4,0 yards,0 int,0 tds, and a 39.6 QB rating?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore...id=20080907023

how do you get a rating like that? shouldn't the QB rating be 0.00?

whatchatalkingabout Willis?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Riddle me this batman:Qb ratings

The QB Rating formula is retarded.

Signed,

NASA
Old 09-08-2008   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
yahoo has leftwich
0-4,0 yards,0 int,0 tds, and a 39.6 QB rating?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore...id=20080907023

how do you get a rating like that? shouldn't the QB rating be 0.00?

whatchatalkingabout Willis?

Remember, VY racked up a close 45.6.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the rating doesn't just add up numbers

it'd be a zero if his 4 incompletes were interceptions
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

to me if he was 0-4 with 4 ints then he ought to be in the negative not just zero

but I hear what you are saying,kast
Old 09-08-2008   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well then you should make up your own passer rating
Old 09-08-2008   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe you get points for successful hand-offs.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Maybe you get points for successful hand-offs.
Nah. Cuz then VY & Tavaris Jackson woulda led the league last year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

rating only takes passing related stuff into consideration. it's called the "passer" rating and not the "qb" rating
Old 09-09-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
rating only takes passing related stuff into consideration. it's called the "passer" rating and not the "qb" rating
Maybe they should have put this next to the handoff joke.
Old 09-09-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Maybe they should have put this next to the handoff joke.
Enough out of you "stat boy"!!!
Old 09-09-2008   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'm well aware it was sarcasm. just clearin' some stuff up, because everyone calls it QB rating and not passer rating
Old 09-09-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm well aware it was sarcasm. just clearin' some stuff up, because everyone calls it QB rating and not passer rating
gotcha.. just weird to me on stat wise that you get a passing rating when you don't complete anything ...

maybe it is like baseball.. go 0-2 with 2 walks... your on base average is .500 but batting average is still 0.0

oh well
Old 09-09-2008   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

that's pretty much the way it is. passer rating grades you out on efficiency, so a QB who is 0-4 with no INTs is more efficient than a QB who is 0-4 with 4 INTs.
Old 09-09-2008   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Enough out of you "stat boy"!!!
Just here to help.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read