Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2008   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Power Rankings.

After week one who is the worst team in the NFL? My vote is the Bengals. I would put Houston in the bottom 5 easy. Detroit and St Louis suck also. Who else bottom feeds with Houston?
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Power Rankings.

houston won't be below 25 is my guess. But hey, who cares anyway. Those rankings don't mean squat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are higher then 28 ill be amazed.

But then again I hate power rankings
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Generally it takes a few weeks to make it to the bottom, which the Texans still might do, but our initial pre-season ratings had us anywhere from 15 to 23, most of them in the 17 to 20 range. I figure we will drop to somewhere around the mid-20s, then rebound a bit after we beat Baltimore.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

St. Louis is by far the worst team I saw play. They looked completly inept in every phase of the game.

If you were going by first week, I would say we would drop down significantly. Preseason most people had us predicted in the top part of the middle of the pack. Last week's performance must have made us drop down to the lower part of the middle of the pack, perhaps lower.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #6
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Seattle will be at the bottom

anyone see that crap they called football?

how do u not cover a huge lineman way out to the left on a FG, not to mention dropping the ball everyother pass
Old 09-08-2008   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say 27th with Seattle, SF, Miami, KC and STL behind us.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2008   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching the Bengals game during commercials, they looked UGLY. They will be low. Detroit wont be the worst, they had some offense at least. My vote goes to the Bengals at the bottom, with the Rams, Fish and Seattle (in order) before the Texans.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #9
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to add Oakland to the bottom-feeders list for sure.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
We need to add Oakland to the bottom-feeders list for sure.
I think they just now made it past the 50 yard line.....

......with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #11
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

What about the top teams? Pitt looked great (even though we would have made any team look better than they are) and unfortunately so did dallas. NE will def fall. So will IND and SD in the AFC
Old 09-09-2008   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

KC is the worst. Look what they did against NE when Brady went out. Nuff said.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my week 1 Power Rankings:

Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
San Diego Chargers
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Denver Broncos
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Houston Texans
Carolina Panthers
Baltimore Ravens
Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals
Detroit Lions
Miami Dolphins
Kansas City Chiefs
Washington Redskins
Oakland Raiders
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams
Old 09-09-2008   #14
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

I don't know about that. your 4-6 teams all lost and are way ahead of some of the teams that beat them.
Old 09-09-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
I don't know about that. your 4-6 teams all lost and are way ahead of some of the teams that beat them.
Chargers could have been better but they lost to a pretty miraculous play. I think they are a very good team.

Colts looked out of sync. I don't bet against Peyton. My guess is that he and his receivers will get back on track and that defense will always improve with Tony Dungy at the helm.

I know that the Titans beat the Jaguars but I am reading between the lines in that game and saying its one of those week 1 head scratchers. Fred Taylor and Jones Drew combine for only 14 carries and 31 yards. Even against the Titans defense that's out of the ordinary. Look for that to change BIG TIME next week against Buffalo. On the other side I think the Titans are a 8-8 type of team, especially now that VY is injured. VY aint the best QB but he's better than their alternatives IMO.
Old 09-09-2008   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Chargers could have been better but they lost to a pretty miraculous play. I think they are a very good team.

Colts looked out of sync. I don't bet against Peyton. My guess is that he and his receivers will get back on track and that defense will always improve with Tony Dungy at the helm.

I know that the Titans beat the Jaguars but I am reading between the lines in that game and saying its one of those week 1 head scratchers. Fred Taylor and Jones Drew combine for only 14 carries and 31 yards. Even against the Titans defense that's out of the ordinary. Look for that to change BIG TIME next week against Buffalo. On the other side I think the Titans are a 8-8 type of team, especially now that VY is injured. VY aint the best QB but he's better than their alternatives IMO.
I agree on San Diego and Indy, but Jacksonville lost two starting guards in the game against Tennessee. One for the year, the other possibly for the year. This was after losing their starting center for at least the first four weeks of the season during TC, and seeing their backup OLT (who was supposedly pushing for the starting job) wind up in the hospital in critical condition after being shot.

I don't know when/if things will get better for them, but they're missing 60% of their starting offensive line for at least another three weeks, and that's not a recipe to start off the season successfully. Throw in the fact that Jerry Porter was inactive on Sunday recovering from hamstring surgery, and even with him, it's a stretch to say that they have any good receivers on their team. The Defense will have to win some games for them, and while they're good, they weren't good enough to do it Sunday - even with VY QBing the Tacks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read