Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2008   #41
jb66er
Rookie

Default Re: Shocking! Ahman Green injured!

IMO Green skipped out on preseason with a BS injury.....its the coaches who are soft, this team was way too pampered in the preseason and it showed yesterday.

Sig by Lork88
jb66er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #42
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have a hard time believing that AG isn't playing the Texans for an easy paycheck. The first time he touched the ball yesterday he nearly went fetal BEFORE the collision...reminds me of pre-season.

There basically are only two possible conclusions to draw:

1) He's too "brittle" to hack it anymore.

2) He's playing just hard enough & often enough to get paid, but no more.

I'm leaning towards the latter. I REALLY, REALLY wish he'd prove me wrong.
Old 09-08-2008   #43
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be IR'ed or released within the next couple of weeks unless he plays as many snaps as the coaches want him to.
Old 09-08-2008   #44
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Ahman Green is hurt again. Soft..wet spongy soft. And another thing-Why in the hell didn't Chris Taylor even sniff the field? We didn't Jacoby get any burn at WR? What the hell is Kubes doing right now?
Old 09-08-2008   #45
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Well, here's the deal, the "west coast offense" has variations. Reid is from holmgren and u see the biggest o-line in football. When holgren was in green bay, they also had big linemen like winters and such to run the g-power and really just "debo" people. Denny Green also like those massive guys. In dnver, kubbes and shanaahan like smaller quicker guys so they can move the pocket, zone blkk to get to the nxt leevel. The texans are in transition iin that area so it might take a few weeks. Its not that they have probems against those big strong nt, everyone has problems against hampton,williams, woolfolk ngata to name a few. Pittsburgh was the #1 defense last yr. Look how chicago made peyton look. Look at carson with under 100 yds passing. I mean those d-line guys get paid too.
I think one of the reasons why the little guys worked in Denver is the altitude for 8 games . Atlants played well during the Gibbs era with smaller guys on turf .

Put small guys on grass against big guys ... it'll be ok ... I'm drinking a shot of battle red koolaid ... it's better .
Old 09-08-2008   #46
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Wow, Ahman Green is hurt again. Soft..wet spongy soft. And another thing-Why in the hell didn't Chris Taylor even sniff the field? We didn't Jacoby get any burn at WR? What the hell is Kubes doing right now?
Because Taylor and Jones are 2nd-stringers at best. They're not the saviors for this football team. People need to get Pre-Season-Warrior Jacoby out of their minds. He makes a couple of plays, but he's just not consistent enough to place him about AJ, Andre Davis, David Anderson, or Kevin Walter. Unless one of those dudes goes down, or we're running a 5-WR set, he needs to keep the ball taped to his hands while he waits to return punts.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #47
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Shocking! Ahman Green injured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
But what the hell, if he's a good citizen, will play for the minimum, and Bob McNair doesn't mind losing a couple more million then why not sign him. Maybe he's the guy who defies the conventional wisdom right?

Unlikely.
I was thinking last week when I heard that - if he is truly willing to come in for minimum (make it similar to Ahman's) - give him a shot. However, if he was truly willing to play for pennies on the dollar, someone would have given him a shot by now...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2008   #48
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I was thinking last week when I heard that - if he is truly willing to come in for minimum (make it similar to Ahman's) - give him a shot. However, if he was truly willing to play for pennies on the dollar, someone would have given him a shot by now...
Perhaps he wanted a Texan team to ask
Old 09-09-2008   #49
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Ahman "Boselli" Green
Ahman Joppru Boselli Green !
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is just brittle and he knows it. If he could play full bore and accomplish something for us, he would; but, he can't. So, he's just going to waist a roster spot and make all he still can. I'm just glad his contract was renegotiated.

If he's avoiding hits, it's because he knows he can't take too many of them and stay healthy. I'm beginning to wonder if he can even jog a mile or two without breaking both legs. Has anybody even checked????????.................................du h?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #51
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This Green experiment and the whole plugging in a RB is the stuff that really bugs me. I used to think it could work but this isn't Denver with an established blocking scheme on their line. They also never plugged in older guys on the backside but rookies they found. So I can see Slaton but why not just go Mendenhall or Felix Jones. I heard Vandermeer say this morning that the Texans have all this bad luck with RBs..mentioning Green and Brown. It's not bad luck when you make decisions to bring in older or recently injured back. You make your own luck and some times that involves taking the best RB out there come draft day.
Old 09-26-2008   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Notes:@ RB Ahman Green returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis for the first time since spraining his ankle in Week 1 against the Steelers. Coach Gary Kubiak isn't sure if he'll play on Sunday, but has already said Steve Slaton will start regardless of Green's health.
http://www.khou.com/sports/texans/st....abc921a4.html

I wish someone with photoshop skillscould come up with a "Green alert" with his status of injury and playability.. I think that would be a humorous add on to the daily grind of the Texans

Being he practiced on wednesday I think we can move from red to yellow

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #53
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I think Ahman Green is trying as hard as he can to be relevant on this roster. I don't know why, but I still expect him to make an impact this season. Geez I hope I'm right. He may have just had too much punishment dolled out to him over the years. I remember the KC game last year. He looked great.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #54
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
I think Ahman Green is trying as hard as he can to be relevant on this roster.
Meh, I'm not sure if he really has any fight left in there or not. I'd like to think that it is "spirit is willing but the flesh is week" scenario but, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I am beginning to doubt that.

With that said, I'd like for him to be relevant. I am excited about Slaton (VERY excited) but I don't want them to run him into the ground as a rook. So if we've got a Taylor back there and maybe AG who we can use in spot duty, well, I'm all for that. I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I'd like to see it.

Honestly, I'd almost rather have Klingon Walker back there with Slaton and Taylor. Walker isn't flashy but he's not constantly in the training room either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read