Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2008   #161
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

So have there been any announcements about the game?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #162
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got the following in an email from the Texans

Quote:
The Houston Texans are currently evaluating the severe weather conditions projected for the Gulf Coast region. The team is in contact with the National Weather Service and the National Football League to determine the status of the Texans vs. Ravens game scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 14.
We will communicate updated game information throughout the day via HoustonTexans.com and regular email alerts.
Old 09-11-2008   #163
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

What are the options really? Delay the game until the 'problem' is resolved (possibly monday), more the game to Raven turf, or play the game saturday or monday in Dallas?
Old 09-11-2008   #164
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

What would happen with our tickets if they moved it away, surely we would get a refund or something right? I would pissed to have paid for those preseason games and get screwed out of a regular season game
Old 09-11-2008   #165
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
What would happen with our tickets if they moved it away, surely we would get a refund or something right?
Yep, I am curious about the same thing. Also, since I am not a season ticket holder, I am wondering how that works.
Old 09-11-2008   #166
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
What are the options really? Delay the game until the 'problem' is resolved (possibly monday), more the game to Raven turf, or play the game saturday or monday in Dallas?
My guess would be they will play Sunday at a neutral place, not Baltimore or Houston. They will just use someone's elses' stadium.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #167
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
My guess would be they will play Sunday at a neutral place, not Baltimore or Houston. They will just use someone's elses' stadium.
Thats why I'm thinking Dallas on monday, they have their own sunday game there, or are they on the road ?
Old 09-11-2008   #168
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
What about those of us with tickets (which is most of us)?
Old 09-11-2008   #169
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Doesn't Ike know that this is our home opener?!?!?!? And I have a new horn hat? And I have to drive in from Austin?
Old 09-11-2008   #170
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
What about those of us with tickets (which is most of us)?
Probably SOL!! J/K I really have no idea. BUT, the Texans have always been pretty fan friendly, so, I imagine they will think of something/someway to reimburse fans the cost of their ticket. They could take it off the cost of tickets for next year, if you are a season ticket holder, give out vouchers, whatever. Remember, this is out of their hands also. This is the home opener, so their marketing dept has been busy gearing up for this game. I just think they will do everything possible to keep the game at home, IF it is feasable and safe for all concerned.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #171
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thats why I'm thinking Dallas on monday, they have their own sunday game there, or are they on the road ?

What about the Alamo Dome? I wonder if that is an option.
Old 09-11-2008   #172
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTEXAN_FAN View Post
What about the Alamo Dome? I wonder if that is an option.
The Alamo Dome is not setup for HD replay, so does not qualify for an NFL game.

A little birdie told me the option to move would be Atlanta, if it is necessary.

Good news for TD.
Old 09-11-2008   #173
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
The Alamo Dome is not setup for HD replay, so does not qualify for an NFL game.

A little birdie told me the option to move would be Atlanta, if it is necessary.

Good news for TD.
In lieu of the hurricane and the possible moving of the game to another stadium, dont you think that the HD thingie could be ignored this time ?
Old 09-11-2008   #174
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts*

The game will be on as scheduled. Ike will make like Rita and turn even further east...

*thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts*

Although, I've heard on good authority that Atlanta is a possibility
Old 09-11-2008   #175
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5994927.html

According to the chronicle it would most likely be moved to Monday Night.
Old 09-11-2008   #176
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe. If the storm is bad enough, that won't be an option.

PFT says he has heard a rumor of ATL as a neutral site.
Old 09-11-2008   #177
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats old news. I said that last night around 9:30pm that Mark Berman was told that the game would be moved to Monday night before moving the game out of town.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #178
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rumor of Sundays game Cancelled

That's what Sirius NFL radio has just reported. They didn't mention when the game would be made up. Has anyone heard anything more on this?
Old 09-11-2008   #179
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sundays game Cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
That's what Sirius NFL radio has just reported. They didn't mention when the game would be made up. Has anyone heard anything more on this?
I am not sure I believe that they would cancel a game. Altlanta, San Antonio, are possible places.

I would like to see a link.
Old 09-11-2008   #180
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I checked anyway, even though I knew better
but

our bye week is the 8th week
Ravens is 10th
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read