Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #101
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If they move it, I hope its to San Antonio. I'd love it to be in Baltimore so I could attend, but I don't want to lose our hom efield advantage
Most of the areas around Texas are a no go--its a big storm with still a lot of potential to go anywhere. Some of the models end up doing un-nice things to San Antonio. My folks live there and there is a bit of panic in the streets.

I'm guessing Monday night, Baltimore or postponed. If some of the worst case scenarios happen, Houston isn't going to be in condition to have a ball game here.

I think McNair is doing right by waiting and seeing.
Old 09-10-2008   #102
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm guessing Monday night, Baltimore or postponed. If some of the worst case scenarios happen, Houston isn't going to be in condition to have a ball game here.

I think McNair is doing right by waiting and seeing.
I don't really think there's a chance of it happening in Baltimore. It really sounds like there's a big "wait-and-see" approach going on.
Old 09-10-2008   #103
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they just push it back to monday night. I won't be able to go to another home game till November and I don't want to go 2 months without being at a game.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #104
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess i'm screwed being in the austin area. no way to make a monday nighter. i can give my tickets to my family that will be in town. hate for those seats to be empty
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #105
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My only hope for a Monday game is if the colleges are still closed. I have a test otherwise :-(
Old 09-10-2008   #106
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't imagine them sending the game to Baltimore and putting us on a 4 game road trip. But, I also couldn't imagine a Monday night game if we get the kind of nastiness they're saying we will.

If they were to postpone it how would that be handled? We have different BYE weeks, so that's not an option. How could they do that?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #107
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I am really hating the situation. Similiar to Hollywood Texan, I have a flight scheduled to come to the game. My flight comes in on Sat and leaves Monday morning...So a Monday night game is out for me. This really sucks. I am still praying that all turns out well and I won't be out of any money.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2008   #108
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

There may be widspread power outages.. even if Relaint isn't damaged too bad, you can't have a game without electricity, phone lines, water, sewer..

Lets see what happens to the city infrastructure... and it doesn't help that you are 1/2 mile from Brays Bayou, which will flood...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #109
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I am really hating the situation. Similiar to Hollywood Texan, I have a flight scheduled to come to the game. My flight comes in on Sat and leaves Monday morning...So a Monday night game is out for me. This really sucks. I am still praying that all turns out well and I won't be out of any money.
Flights will probably be cancelled on Sat, in and out of Houston.
Old 09-10-2008   #110
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing 90% that we don't play at 3:15 on Sunday, and 50/50 on changing the start time to Sunday night, or moving it to Monday night. No way do we play in B'more, but New Orleans would be a slight possibility if Reliant was unavailable Sunday or Monday.

EDIT:

The NFL says it will monitor Ike’s approach in advance of the Sunday game at Reliant Stadium between the Texans and Ravens. If it is impractical to play Sunday, the most likely choice would be to move the game to Monday night.

"The league is working on a plan,” said Texans owner Bob McNair. “When you tell us where it's going to hit and when it's going to hit, we can tell you the plan. We'll play here unless we're forced to play somewhere else."
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #111
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I have heard reports that Ike is to make landfall as a cat 4 Hurricane. Harris county may see winds that of a Cat 1 to Cat 2 hurricane with lots of rain.

There are about to be 5 million people without power.

I seriously doubt we play Sunday.

Of course it would be fitting to have Reliant Stadium the only place in the entire town with power.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #112
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happens to sundays game if Ike comes?? - UPDATE!!!!

I just watched Mark Berman on Fox 26 here in Houston and from he has been told from the Texans if the game isn't played Sunday, then it will be palyed Monday night here in Houston.

The plan is to play Sunday afternoon, but Mcnair said he wants whats best for the fans and if they have to move it, it will be moved to Monday not out of town, unless the NFL forces mcnair to move the game.

Last edited by texanfan2002114; 09-10-2008 at 09:54 PM.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #113
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happens to sundays game if Ike comes?? - UPDATE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I just watched Mark Berman on Fox 26 here in Houston and from he has been told from the Texans if the game isn't played Sunday, then it will be palyed Monday night here in Houston.

The plan is to play Sunday afternoon, but Mcnair said he wants whats best for the fans and if they have to move it, it will be moved to Monday not out of town.
I hope Bob has a few tractor-trailer sized diesel-electric gnerators on standby.... because if Ike hits as a high 3 or low 4 around Freeport-Matagorda he wont have power from the grid at Reliant for a couple of weeks.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #114
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if the game is moved to Monday...what happens to TV coverage for those of us in Austin? Do they still get to show the game? Does NFL Sunday Ticket still get the game?
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #115
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
So, if the game is moved to Monday...what happens to TV coverage for those of us in Austin? Do they still get to show the game? Does NFL Sunday Ticket still get the game?
I'm guessing it would become a double header...Just like this weeks Monday night was. So they would both be televised on ESPN.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #116
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
I'm guessing it would become a double header...Just like this weeks Monday night was. So they would both be televised on ESPN.
Thing is, the other MNF game is in dallas. One of us or the other is possibly going to get a 9pm CT start, ending at 12:30am. The other option I could see - similar to what happened with the Saints/Giants after Katrina - is that one game starts at 6p on ESPN and switches to ESPN2 at 7:30 so the already scheduled game begins on time on ESPN, except in regional coverage, where the Ravens/Texans game would remain on ESPN then switch to the Eagles/cowboys game when it's over.

What I DON'T think will EVER happen again is a "home" game in the opponent's stadium, like happened to the Saints in that same MNF game. What a terrible mistake that turned out to be for the NFL. Better to play in a "neutral" stadium.

oh, the IRONY if we were forced to play our game in the Superdome three years after their refugees fled to our city and lived in the Astrodome.

Last edited by DerekLee1; 09-10-2008 at 10:55 PM.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #117
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I think the Superdome makes sense if only symbolically. I wonder if they could have the Texans play in Texas Stadium around 3pm on Monday to give them time to finish the game before the 'other' Monday Night Football game between Cowboys and Eagles. Why not play two games in one day?
Old 09-10-2008   #118
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

storm is huge 900 miles wide. we are all gonna get some. when a storm comes find shelter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bom_mot/132913291/

This what we in San Antonio call the official shelter of Texas.

Ike will not pass through those walls.

Last edited by spurstexanstros; 09-10-2008 at 11:16 PM.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #119
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well umm i say they switch the game to MONDAY NIGHT !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #120
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind i say lets play the game during the hurricane with the ROOF OPEN Hardcore STYLE !!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read