Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2008   #21
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I hope Ike doesn't compromise
Ummmm..... I'm all for Mexico.

I don't think my friends and family in SE Louisiana can take another shot right now. I know that SW Louisiana has STILL not fully recovered from Rita.

Can we just send this thing to Venezuela?

How about this? We load up David Carr and have him go play some football down in Venezuela. The huge level of suckitude coming from down there will assuredly pull Ike into its vortex.
Old 09-08-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Ike ain't coming here. Chuck Norris hates wife beaters so we're sending Chuck in....
Old 09-08-2008   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just as the preliminary model tracks were pretty accurate for the New Orleans target for Gustav, the preliminary models for Ike are targeting Texas (in the Galveston area) as the most like likely target.

We could say that Ike's wrath has already hit Houston............yesterday.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #24
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Ummmm..... I'm all for Mexico.

I don't think my friends and family in SE Louisiana can take another shot right now. I know that SW Louisiana has STILL not fully recovered from Rita.

Can we just send this thing to Venezuela?

How about this? We load up David Carr and have him go play some football down in Venezuela. The huge level of suckitude coming from down there will assuredly pull Ike into its vortex.
Substitute our defense for David Carr. Then Ike will move very, very quickly to the SE.
Old 09-08-2008   #25
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??
it will blow right through ravens offensive line ulike the texans defense........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #26
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I work for the government and am considered to be essential in times of emergency. If Ike comes close to us I will be playing in it instead of where ever the game is played. When Rita hit I was up for 36 hours, with a broke hand, driving around in circles fixing problems. I hate to see what I would end up doing if Ike blows up and comes at us. So unless it makes a turn, there will be no football for me.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Entirely circumstantial post with just about nothing behind it....

I got this creepy feeling looking at Ike on a 5 day forecast and it looked so familiar to me that I went digging over on Wikipedia for the 1900 Galveston Hurricane.

They both ran right up Cuba and even do that little hitch to the north. Means nothing but it just caught my attention.
Old 09-08-2008   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

www.stormpulse.com is a great tracking site. Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 09-08-2008   #29
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is the game will be moved or postponed where the texans o line will get blown off the line of scrimmage as if we were at home and the d line will get nutralized. Some things are always constant. The drop in the barametric pressure might relieve the pressure on Ahman Greens knee and he might make a half a series before going down with an eye lid strain.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/wolfy/

Here's another site that has so much information that it will make your eyes pop out.

3 ways to make Ike go away

1) Let Alex Gibbs cuss at it until it turns tail and runs

2) Put Mario in a 3 point stance facing it. It'll try to find Weaver's side of the line and go away.

3) Start playing all of the 2005 season on the jumbotron at Reliant. It'll be appalled and go away.
Old 09-08-2008   #31
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm at work, must be the Diet Coke or I'm even more messed up than usual.

And yeah, I'm a big fan of "Combat".
Isn't the guy in your avatar the actor that got killed by the helicopter blade while filming "Twilight Zone".....forgot his name now but his face is bringing back that memory.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Isn't the guy in your avatar the actor that got killed by the helicopter blade while filming "Twilight Zone".....forgot his name now but his face is bringing back that memory.

Vic Morrow, and yeah, that was a horrible way to go. I can't watch that movie because of it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vic Morrow, and yeah, that was a horrible way to go. I can't watch that movie because of it.
That accident also still haunts me. The cameras kept rolling as he and one the young kids were decapitated by the blades, and the other youngster was crushed by one of the copter's runners.
Old 09-08-2008   #34
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea thanks for putting his name to his face...I remember seeing that movie when it came out.

If I remember right he was a fairly successful actor...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #35
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Yea thanks for putting his name to his face...I remember seeing that movie when it came out.

If I remember right he was a fairly successful actor...
Vic Morrow Tribute

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #36
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

just bring extra weights for the canopy. You will be fine.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

It will be interesting how Reliant's roof fares. I know, we've been told Reliant was built to take hurricane winds, but I wonder about that, especially the roof..............especially because we were told a lot of other things.
Old 09-09-2008   #38
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
3:12 [Comment From guest]
will the texans game be cancelled
3:12 Eric Berger: If Houston is forecast to get hit, I would definitely expect this.
Per Chron.com chat/weather.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #39
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Latest forecast has Ike heading into the Port O'Connor to Corpus area very late Friday night to very early Saturday morning, and by game time Sunday it's expected to be nearing the Oklahoma border to the northwest of DFW.

I don't think there will be a postponement on that track and time table, and if it is still a little too close for comfort for the powers that be who'll decide the fate of the game, I could see an even later start, 7 pm Sunday, or even pushing it to Monday, which has been done before.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #40
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like its gonna hit corpus and head this way on sat. it could be a 3or 4 when it hitd corpus and 11 or two when it hits SA.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read