Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2008   #1
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Duane Brown?

Has anyone heard if Duane Brown was injured or not? I have not heard a report.
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown?

Yeah, the Texans released a press statement after the game. It stated that his feelings were shattered!
Old 09-07-2008   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Yeah, the Texans released a press statement after the game. It stated that his feelings were shattered!

I laughed.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

After watching this game its obvious that Mendenhall would have helped us more than Brown did. That may change in a few years, but forgive me if I don't have too much faith in any of the Texans long term plans.

the only plans Kubiak should be making are hiring a good moving company and updating his resume. His loyalty to Richard Smith should cost him his job alone.
Old 09-07-2008   #5
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I laughed.
Good. Glad I could make your day
Old 09-07-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
After watching this game its obvious that Mendenhall would have helped us more than Brown did. That may change in a few years, but forgive me if I don't have too much faith in any of the Texans long term plans.
the only plans Kubiak should be making are hiring a good moving company and updating his resume. His loyalty to Richard Smith should cost him his job alone.

based on what exactly.. rb isnt our problem. ahman and slaton did fine considering our line was dominated

im not even going to bother with the rest of the garbage. you always over-react
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Has anyone heard if Duane Brown was injured or not? I have not heard a report.
I dont think Brown was injured on the attempted fumble recovery .... No one made contact with him as the ball squirted away from him , I think he was just upset with himself and kinda laid there thinking about the play and probably his preformace on both parts of the play .... Letting his man get to Schaubs blind side and failing to recover the fumble. They showed another shot of him a short while later obviously frustrated ....

Brown's gonna be alright , thats a hell of a defense to throw at a rookie .Welcome to the NFL rooike was more like welcome to your worst nightmare. He had some good moments and some bad. I expect him to improve week by week , game by game.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mendenhall average 2.8 YPC on 10 carries.

Slaton averaged 3.3 YPC on 13 carries.

How would Mendenhall have helped us more?...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Mendenhall average 2.8 YPC on 10 carries.

Slaton averaged 3.3 YPC on 13 carries.

How would Mendenhall have helped us more?...
oh.. dont you know?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Only because that is who you wanted drafted. Did you watch mendenfumble in the preseason? I swear you are not a Texan fan but a fan of I want to be right at the cost of anything and everything. It is almost as if you cheer for failure so your chosen guy will be right. Brown had a bad game but had a good preseason and learning LT is not the easiest position to come in and dominate. How is that D'brick pick everyone was wanting looking? More like a 5th rounder to me.
Old 09-07-2008   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Brown did some good things early on, but as the Steelers increased the lead, and as we gave them no run game to respect, they were able to pin their ears back even more. On balance, he played like a rookie, but I think he has a bright future.

He should be forced to sit in film session for hours, though, just watching two plays - his attempted fumble recovery and Matt Turk's attempted recovery from last season.
Old 09-07-2008   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think he did pretty damn good for a rookie and against a pretty damn good defense too. I was also kinda of proud that he got upset with himself for not doing better. When you see someone get upset over that then you know they have heart. This guy has a bright future if he can continue to get better.
Old 09-07-2008   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I honestly think he did pretty damn good for a rookie and against a pretty damn good defense too. I was also kinda of proud that he got upset with himself for not doing better. When you see someone get upset over that then you know they have heart. This guy has a bright future if he can continue to get better.
Amen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mendenhall had 28 yds on 10 carries behind the Steelers' line. So how do you think he would have been better behind ours???
I'm missing your logic.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #15
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Amen
remember when Carr would lose a game? it was like ehhh oh well, everyone got to see me and thats all that really matters
Old 09-07-2008   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm missing your logic.
So is he.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm missing your logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
So is he.
Out To Lunch!!

Signed,

Mr. Spock
Old 09-07-2008   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Brown's gonna be alright , thats a hell of a defense to throw at a rookie .Welcome to the NFL rooike was more like welcome to your worst nightmare. He had some good moments and some bad. I expect him to improve week by week , game by game.
I agree. He certainly had some big mistakes in this game, and he got beat badly quite a few times. However, he did have some plays where he looked good. There's not many guys that you can say had a good game out there, and none of the other starters had an excuse of being rookies. He'll steadily improve week in and week out. I think he's going to learn a lot from this game assuming he can get over the bruised ego he suffered.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #19
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Mendenhall? I'm upset with taking MARIO over vy. I mean he only had like 2 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and a forced fumble. vy went 12/22 1TD 2 INT for 110 yds
Old 09-07-2008   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
Mendenhall? I'm upset with taking MARIO over vy. I mean he only had like 2 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and a forced fumble. vy went 12/22 1TD 2 INT for 110 yds
But VY is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

No matter how bad he plays, his team always wins, all because of him. Because that is what he does.

He WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read