Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Paper or Plastic

After watching today's so-called "game" and reflecting on the offseason personnel moves namely Jaque Reeves and Chris Brown I am left with only one question.

By week 14 do I brown bag my head at the game or do I opt for plastic? I am not sure if plastic is practical.
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Paper or Plastic

i like the classic brown paper bag masks

But if anyone is wearing it next week i will slap them !!!!!
Old 09-07-2008   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
After watching today's so-called "game" and reflecting on the offseason personnel moves namely Jaque Reeves and Chris Brown I am left with only one question.

By week 14 do I brown bag my head at the game or do I opt for plastic? I am not sure if plastic is practical.
Just stay at home.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-07-2008   #4
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you're gonna bag your head, definitely plastic.
Old 09-07-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 09-07-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't I make a similar thread last year, after the abysmal Titans game? Ahh yes, I did. It was titled "Time to dust off the brown bags" which IMO, is a wayyy better title then this one.

Jking. But seriously, I don't think we're in the paper bags era anymore, so this thread like shouldn't even be thought of. But of course you're a troll, so it doesn't surprise me you would make this thread.
Old 09-07-2008   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sell your tickets to someone who wants to be there....

If not, plastic.
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Put on the plastic. Make sure it's loose so I can sit behind you and tighten it for ya pal.
Old 09-07-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither. Get one of those green recycle bags that they have at HEB. Then stay home and wear it in your living room. Seriously though, if things around here ever do get so bad that this becomes a viable act then we should at least come up with our own symbol of futility. Don't copy the Saints, ever.
Old 09-07-2008   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's one game.
Old 09-07-2008   #11
SteelPhantom
Rookie

don't beat yourselves up guys. with the season ending injury to Tom Brady the Steelers have, in my opinion, cemented themselves as #1 in the NFL.

they should be everyone's pick for super bowls champs!!!

a high powered offense and a D that can absolutely MAUL opposing teams?

yeah, i'll take that!
Old 09-07-2008   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPhantom View Post
don't beat yourselves up guys. with the season ending injury to Tom Brady the Steelers have, in my opinion, cemented themselves as #1 in the NFL.

they should be everyone's pick for super bowls champs!!!

a high powered offense and a D that can absolutely MAUL opposing teams?

yeah, i'll take that!
Unfortunately, you should not be counting any rings yet........
Old 09-07-2008   #13
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:

neither just send me your tickets to me and pay for my flight there to texas
Old 09-07-2008   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately, you should not be counting any rings yet........
They rang our bell easily as hard as Indy ever has. I'm calling them the team to beat if they can go do something similar to this to a "known better" team than the Texans. This was a scary replay of the first game of 2005 and they went on that year to win the Super Bowl. They look like they have what it takes to do it again.

Peyton can't kick anybody's butt if he can't get on the field and while these guys are running the ball right down their throats he's going to be sitting on the sideline helplessly watching.
Old 09-07-2008   #15
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Neither. Get one of those green recycle bags that they have at HEB. Then stay home and wear it in your living room. Seriously though, if things around here ever do get so bad that this becomes a viable act then we should at least come up with our own symbol of futility. Don't copy the Saints, ever.
Okay I stand corrected its a Saints thing. (did you see them today?) So other than draft day what would be the Texans symbol for futility? Oh I have it. The fans could put a flat tire around their waste.
Old 09-07-2008   #16
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They rang our bell easily as hard as Indy ever has.
Yep.

Can't remember us being so comprehensively beaten in every phase of the game before. They were even superior on ST which is usually a Texans strength even on the most dismal of days.
Old 09-07-2008   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPhantom View Post
Quote:
TThis was a scary replay of the first game of 2005 and they went on that year to win the Super Bowl. They look like they have what it takes to do it again.
I agree, the Steelers look very complete. Another Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl matchup, as things look now. Still, it's week 1 and a lot of weird things can and will happen over the next 5 months.
Old 09-07-2008   #18
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Okay I stand corrected its a Saints thing. (did you see them today?) So other than draft day what would be the Texans symbol for futility? Oh I have it. The fans could put a flat tire around their waste.
Done

Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 09-07-2008   #19
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Plastic is the way to go. Also, don't poke holes in the bag.

Ignore the warning that says the bag is not a toy.
Old 09-07-2008   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Plastic is the way to go. Also, don't poke holes in the bag.

Ignore the warning that says the bag is not a toy.
And be sure it has cinch straps.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read