Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Angry Texans - Steelers Game Analysis

The Texans were blown out by the Steelers in there season opener, here are some facts and things I noticed:

Passing Yards - 202

Rushing Yards - 75

Total yards - 277

1st Downs - 19

TOs - 3

Pen./Pen. Yards - 5/43

*Info. according to Yahoo Sports*

Things I noticed:

1.) DBs sucked. Reeves was horrible and had a BIG cushion against his WR.

2.) Casey Hampton got the best of our "undersized" O-linemen.

3.) We such against the blitz, we NEED to work on this.

4.) Zach Diles and DeMeco Ryans were great with a combined 25 tackles.

5.) Mario Williams was a best w/ 4 tackles and 2 sacks on Big Ben.

6.) Was Amobi Okoye even on the field b/c he didn't do anything special!

What are ur thoughts?
Old 09-07-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - Steelers Game Analysis

Here's my post-game analysis:

J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post

What are ur thoughts?
The only point I disagree with. The problem corner today was Bennett. Hines Ward took the boy to school. Reeves overall played a decent game, seemed to play tight on his coverage, and I even spotted him once looking back for the ball, which in Pre-Season concerned me.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
The only point I disagree with. The problem corner today was Bennett. Hines Ward took the boy to school. Reeves overall played a decent game, seemed to play tight on his coverage, and I even spotted him once looking back for the ball, which in Pre-Season concerned me.
You saw it as I did.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
The Texans were blown out by the Steelers in there season opener, here are some facts and things I noticed:

Passing Yards - 202

Rushing Yards - 75

Total yards - 277

1st Downs - 19

TOs - 3

Pen./Pen. Yards - 5/43

*Info. according to Yahoo Sports*

Things I noticed:

2.) Casey Hampton got the best of our "undersized" O-linemen.

3.) We such against the blitz, we NEED to work on this.

4.) Zach Diles and DeMeco Ryans were great with a combined 25 tackles.

5.) Mario Williams was a best w/ 4 tackles and 2 sacks on Big Ben.

6.) Was Amobi Okoye even on the field b/c he didn't do anything special!

What are ur thoughts?
Our LBs were so busy trying to cover the run.............they were all but non-existent as the "2nd line of defense" BEHIND the DL with dump passes or passes just past the LOS. It was always the secondary that eventually and I mean eventually engaged.........and that wasn't by design which was also nonexistent.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. Reeves did decent.

The breakdown was in the middle of the field. Linebackers, linemen, on Ward? Give me a break.
Old 09-07-2008   #7
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Here's my post-game analysis:

u think we played like brown pudding????
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line the Texans sucked today. Hopefully Schaub will shake this off and the ZBS will get better (God help us).

With all that said I'm going to whine a little and be a poor sportsman:

THEY WERE DESTINED TO LOSE THE WAY THEY PLAYED, BUT WHAT F'ING GAME WERE THE OFFICIALS WATCHING. ALMOST EVERY BIG RUN BY PARKER IN THE FIRST HALF WAS THE RESULT OF HOLDING. FOR SOME REASON WHEN THE STEELERS HELD IT WAS INVISABLE.

ALSO ON ONE OF THE INT'S BY SCHAUB THE STEELERS DAMN NEAR TACKLED THE TEXAN THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE THE TACKLE.

It seems some teams like KC and PIT are just allowed to hold. If the Texans could get away with as much holding who'd need the damn ZBS.

I don't think there is some kind of comspiricy and I don't think the officials are corrupt, but sometimes it just can't be explained!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Bottom line the Texans sucked today. Hopefully Schaub will shake this off and the ZBS will get better (God help us).

THEY WERE DESTINED TO LOSE THE WAY THEY PLAYED, BUT WHAT F'ING GAME WERE THE OFFICIALS WATCHING. ALMOST EVERY BIG RUN BY PARKER IN THE FIRST HALF WAS THE RESULT OF HOLDING. FOR SOME REASON WHEN THE STEELERS HELD IT WAS INVISABLE.

ALSO ON ONE OF THE INT'S BY SCHAUB THE STEELERS DAMN NEAR TACKLED THE TEXAN THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE THE TACKLE.

It seems some teams like KC and PIT are just allowed to hold. If the Texans could get away with as much holding who'd need the damn ZBS.

I don't think there is some kind of comspiricy and I don't think the officials are corrupt, but sometimes it just can't be explained!!!!!!!!!!!
Holding. Yeah that's it.
Old 09-07-2008   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We just played a very superior team today.

No analysis needed.

Everyone not named Mario Williams and Andre Johnson was a non-factor today.
Old 09-07-2008   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Analysis? How about this: The Steelers kicked our f&*$^&g ass today!
Old 09-07-2008   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

It just hurts so damned MUCH!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #13
yinzer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post

right. you guys lost because of holding.... gimme a friggin break. at least accept your arse whipping like a man! you KNEW this was going to happen. it's amazing how people can still make excuses after a good ol' fashion shalacking like that.
yinzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We just played a very superior team today.
Quoted for truth.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

why's there a smiley face next to this thread title?
Old 09-07-2008   #16
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

that was absolutely the mosty piss poor prepared team to enter a season and I would have to say we put Houston High School on the feild and the they put the steelers and the second team steelers on the feild.

I am stating now that I retract the stand behind Schaub and say he is not a NFL starter

Where was Sage and why Gary did you not try to win the game today

Coaching gets an F

Defense (except for Mario and thats that) F

Offense gets F and Coach get another F for this mistake.

If you can substitute fumbleitis Jones for Andre Davis on the return

Why do you not substitute interseption Shaub for Sage.

Horrible coaching job altogether get FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, Get it together by next week coaches or some heads are gonna roll.

Last edited by Joe Texan; 09-07-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Joe Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bennett got smacked around a lot today. Hines Ward was laughing at him most of the afternoon. It almost looked like the Steelers intentionally ignored Reeves for a while and concentrated on showing us that our "#1" sucked just as bad as our Dallas retread. He lost his composure a couple of times during the game.

Of course so many of our guys looked so lousy that it was hard for anyones bad game in particular to stand out.
Old 09-07-2008   #18
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

My analysis of the game today is losing sucks.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #19
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked that we went for it on 4th and 1. We should have at least got another set of downs. Piss poor officiating on that spot.

Schaub made some poor decisions. He needs to correct this. Any chance of us winning went down the drain when he threw the INT's.

Demeco and Mario is the only defensive players that showed up today.

Green made it through 1 game healthy! How about that? lol

I still don't see what CC Brown does as far as coverage but he does play the run decent.

Any team that utilizes the TE as a weapon in their offense will give the Texans problems as long as we have our current LB corps(other than Demeco) and CC Brown.

Daniels took a good hit and was still able to hold on to the ball.

We played a Super Bowl contender in my opinion and while I was expecting to come out of this game with a loss I was at least thinking that it would be a close game. That being said it's nice to get this one out of the way and with no major injuries....this game can only make us stronger from here on out. That being said we play a good defensive team next week but their offense is not as potent as the Steelers.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #20
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Bennett got smacked around a lot today. Hines Ward was laughing at him most of the afternoon. It almost looked like the Steelers intentionally ignored Reeves for a while and concentrated on showing us that our "#1" sucked just as bad as our Dallas retread. He lost his composure a couple of times during the game.
That was true which makes it really sad. I don't know what to think of Bennett right now. There's been plenty of players around the league that had a great rookie year and then went on to be average for the rest of their career. One that pops in my mind is, Michael Clayton of Tampa Bay. We might've jumped the gun on Fred Bennett.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read