Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-08-2008   #61
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"hand in crotches?"
For Sausage boi it is....why just dance with them when you can actualy have a hand in the matter......
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
For Sausage boi it is....why just dance with them when you can actualy have a hand in the matter......
..... "can actualy have a hand in the matter...."
Old 09-08-2008   #63
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
the biggest problem in all this, is the titans coaching staff trying to make Vince something he's not. Seriously he's never been a drop back QB that kills you with his arm. They gave him so much more freedom his rookie year, and in turn the offense was better and he was a lot more fun to watch. They hardly ever even run plays that

A.) Get Vince outside the pocket
B.) Allow Vince to use his legs to move the chains

I'm tired of hearing the "running QBs get injured" excuse, because I think it's a load of crap. Most QBs that get injured, are ones who sit in the pocket and get smacked around. For every "running" QB that gets injured I can name you 5 prototypical QBs that get hurt.......................give him some freedom fisher.

As far as his attitude is concerned, he needs to work on it. If you make a mistake, you have to live with it and move on. He means too much to the titans to sit and piss and moan on the bench.
VY's biggest problem is his head. All he needs to do is be a quar-ter-back and he doesn't have to be very good at it. If he just does what the coaches tell him and not try to do things he is not good at (like throwing the ball) his defense will win him games.

VY, back away from the crotches, stop fantasizing about shirtless guys and sausages, and just play football....or quit....again.
Old 09-08-2008   #64
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Being serious about Senior Sausage for a moment I think you take a guy like Vince Young and you let him do what he does. If he has a higher chance of getting hurt doing that (and I think he does, Dream you could name 5 "conventional" QB's who get hurt for every runner because they outnumber runners by a wide margin IMO) then that's just the chance you take. You're looking at the possibility of Young "burning bright" for less time if he gets injured or Young never reaching his potential and being very average for a longer time in an attempt to lengthen his years on the field. What good is that if he's playing at a low level?

Drafting him because of his success as an instinctive player who has a "ok to fairly good" arm that he gets a lot out of because he's got great wheels and then trying to make him something he's not defeats the purpose and makes the Titans look stupid. If they wanted a guy to sit in the pocket and throw passes they should have drafted Leinart and deep down inside I think that Fisher knows that.

But a weaker Titans team is a plus for us so I'm not complaining. I just think they're wasting what he could be trying to turn him into something he'll never be and that this is not helped by his overall immaturity. He's going through a frustrating time and is ill-equipped to deal with it.
Thanks Herv for injecting some knowledge, perspective, and logic into this illogical thread. Props to you and may you have a great day.

I love your sig, too. Remember that RS came from the 'Glanville Coaching Tree'...not exactly the Bill Walsh tree or the Parcells tree, huh. That is about the first time I have ever heard the 'Glanville Coaching Tree'. We should have gone after Buddy's son from Oakland imho. Maybe Cowher could bring in a more capable replacement or even lure LeBeau from Steelerland.
Old 09-08-2008   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
VY's biggest problem is his head.

VY, back away from the crotches, stop fantasizing about shirtless guys and sausages, and just play football....or quit....again.
VY: “I just keep trying to think, but it’s all twisted up. I’ve got a sausage in my head!”
Old 09-08-2008   #66
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I am hoping it is not a 16-week thing, but at the end of the day we want to have the No. 1 defense in the league, so if we have to play 90 snaps to get that, that's what we're going to have to do,'' linebacker Keith Bulluck said. "No one is going to quit on this side of the ball."
Hmmm...seems the Titans Defense is calling out a certain player....

Bulluck implies that Young quit on his team

Vince Young puts the "IT" in "QUIT"

Last edited by Señor Stan; 09-08-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #67
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Hmmm...seems the Titans Defense is calling out a certain player....

Bulluck implies that Young quit on his team

Vince Young puts the "IT" in "QUIT"
you're stretching here. To me this means our QB is out so we have to step it up............
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2008   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
VY: “I just keep trying to think, but it’s all twisted up. I’ve got a sausage in my head!”

Oh I can't let that go.

Old 09-08-2008   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oh I can't let that go.

I'd rep. you if I could.. That's awesome!!
Old 09-08-2008   #70
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Link

Collins, as a journeyman, makes the Tacks a better team, so this is not good for the Texans.
This is similar to the situation the Jags had when they were still running Leftwich out there as their starter. Garrard gave them a better chance to win, but Leftwich was the first round pick making more money so he had to be the starter. Once the Jags realized that Gary Coleman didn't deserve to be the starter they became a much better team. If the Titans ever realize that regarding VY then I have no doubt that they'll be an even better team for it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #71
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

No Young quit on Sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It I were a WR I am not sure I would want to try that hard for Young either.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #72
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing arrow View Post
no young quit on sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It i were a wr i am not sure i would want to try that hard for young either.
ouch!!!
Old 09-08-2008   #73
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
This is similar to the situation the Jags had when they were still running Leftwich out there as their starter. Garrard gave them a better chance to win, but Leftwich was the first round pick making more money so he had to be the starter.
I'm still failing to see how a guy who for his career has thrown more INTs than TDs is a better solution at QB than Vince. Oh how soon we forget how miserable the Titans were when Collins was their starter..................Kerry Collins is a good backup, but is not someone you want to run out there week after week.......
Old 09-08-2008   #74
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you're stretching here. To me this means our QB is out so we have to step it up............

No Vince quit on his team yesterday, there is no denying that. I watched the game yesterday and his head wasn't in the game.

Quote:
Vince Young tried to take himself out of Sunday's game before the play on which he tore his MCL, according to Nashville Tennessean columnist David Climer.
Four plays before his injury, Young failed to enter the huddle. He blamed it on hamstring tightness, but sought no treatment. "I came on the field and 10 wasn’t in," said C Kevin Mawae. "I didn’t know what the situation was." Climer says that coach Jeff Fisher "seemed to all but throw Young back onto the field." Fisher danced around the situation in his post-game presser.
LINK

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 09-08-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #75
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
No Young quit on Sunday. Did not even come back to the huddle and had to get pushed out on the field by the coaches. It I were a WR I am not sure I would want to try that hard for Young either.
Quoting this for prosperity.
Old 09-08-2008   #76
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
That (quitting) is not an easy thing to shake in this league. Players and coaches are like elephants when it comes to a player quitting and this is not the first time for VY.

Not even David Carr quit after getting his head bashed in for years and his numbers were better.
Old 09-08-2008   #77
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still failing to see how a guy who for his career has thrown more INTs than TDs is a better solution at QB than Vince. Oh how soon we forget how miserable the Titans were when Collins was their starter..................Kerry Collins is a good backup, but is not someone you want to run out there week after week.......
You realize that Young has more interceptions than Touchdowns right? In fact, Collins' TD-Int ratio is better than Young's.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #78
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
No Vince quit on his team yesterday, there is no denying that.
says "sources"............teammates, coaches, etc. say he didn't..........he needs to stop pouting, but I'm not ready to believe that he "quit"
Old 09-08-2008   #79
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
You realize that Young has more interceptions than Touchdowns right? In fact, Collins' TD-Int ratio is better than Young's.
I think his point was closer to meaning that Collins has proven over a career that he is not a consistently good starting QB.

Young has only proved it over two years.

Young still has the potential to get a lot better. Collins does not.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #80
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

lol What is Vince's TD/INT ratio?

22td's 32int's

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read