Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2008   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Believe in now my ***!

I'm sorry but I had to say it.

This team looks about as bad as I have ever seen them.

Every year people think we are getting better and better but this year going off of the first game, we have clearly taken a step backward.

Yes, the Steelers are a good team, but I don't want to be the team who beats the shit teams and makes the "Oh they are a good team" excuse.

We sucked in every aspect of the game, period.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Believe in now my ***!

As awful as this game was, this wasn't as bad as I've seen us play. It wasn't far from the worst though...
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup. Steelers are a good team, but we should be able to play with the big boys by now.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

i'm not "really" shocked. I mean I thought Schaub would've been better, but I think anyone with common sense realized that this defense is bad outside of a few guys. I expected it to be a little closer, but the texans just flat out layed an egg out there today...................I really think the bad decision of kubiak going for it on 4th and 1 at teh beginning set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.......
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK ... did anyone else see our center get drove back into Slayton . What's going to happen when Haynesworth gets in there ... duck Matt .

I'm really down on the lines . Except for Mario the OL/DL got their butt kicked bad ... they were manhandled . Where is the fight ... it speaks volumes about a team when they are manhandled .
Old 09-07-2008   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
I really think the bad decision of kubiak going for it on 4th and 1 at teh beginning set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.......
Agreed.

It was a terrible decision. It's the first game of the season, and the first drive of the game. I don't care if it's 4th and a millimeter, why the hell go for it? Pin em back and make em work for it.

Then Kubiak gets all pissy on the sidelines and challenges? Your challenging a QB sneak? What the ****? I mean I like Kubiak but that was a bad decision and then he can't even let it go and move on with the game. He sits there and whines to the ref.

So sad.
Old 09-07-2008   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Agreed.

It was a terrible decision. It's the first game of the season, and the first drive of the game. I don't care if it's 4th and a millimeter, why the hell go for it? Pin em back and make em work for it.

Then Kubiak gets all pissy on the sidelines and challenges? Your challenging a QB sneak? What the ****? I mean I like Kubiak but that was a bad decision and then he can't even let it go and move on with the game. He sits there and whines to the ref.

So sad.
Even though I thought Schaub made it , it's the difference between good teams and beggars .
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
As awful as this game was, this wasn't as bad as I've seen us play. It wasn't far from the worst though...
The Texans offense has actually played worse than this and WON .... see 46 yards of total offense Vs. the same team a couple years back.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed.

So sad.
Nothing personal, but that is sheer hindsight crap. If the official hadn't of blown the call and the first down was made, you would have praised Kubiak for being aggressive. I liked the call, and Schaub made the first down. Just because the official blew the call doesn't change that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

the giants last year the giants last year (holding on hope)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Nothing personal, but that is sheer hindsight crap. If the official hadn't of blown the call and the first down was made, you would have praised Kubiak for being aggressive. I liked the call, and Schaub made the first down. Just because the official blew the call doesn't change that.
Says who? You? Your just assuming. Get that crap out of here.

It was a bad decision IMO, there is no hindsight.

You can say whatever the hell you want. Your "Richard Smith aint a problem" posts are enough for me to look to the next post anyway.
Old 09-07-2008   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
the giants last year the giants last year (holding on hope)
Kumbiaya or however the **** you spell it..
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed.

So sad.
i have no time for people like you.. if he punts and the steelers still hand our asses to us (which they wouldve), people like yourself wouldve said : 'oh kubiak gave up right at the start anyway- punting on 4th on inches'

punting on 4th and 1 in enemy territory is loser football and im glad kubiak chose to go for it. but yeah those 20 yards we lost on a bs decision was what lost the game

kubiak was rightfully pissed at the decision by the refs. it was the wrong cal. why not challenge it? its just a timeout for fvck sake
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i have no time for people like you.. if he punts and the steelers still hand our asses to us (which they wouldve), people like yourself wouldve said : 'oh kubiak gave up right at the start anyway- punting on 4th on inches'
If you are that much of an *****. Just don't respond.

Ya'll just assume shit.

It's the first drive of the first game of the season and your already going for it on 4th down.

"Loser football"? Are you kidding me? We are at like the 49 yard line! Yea we are so far into enemy territory. "That's loser football!"

Quote:
kubiak was rightfully pissed at the decision by the refs. it was the wrong cal. why not challenge it? its just a timeout for fvck sake
Kubiak can be as mad as he wants but when you lose concentrate on the next play. Say something to the D to get them pumped up. Don't cry to the ref. That does absolutely NOTHING for you. It's a QB sneak. What kinda angle are you going to get buddy?

Your "it's just a timeout for fvck sake" comment says enough for me to move along.

Quote:
but yeah those 20 yards we lost on a bs decision was what lost the game
Look at you, your arguments are so weak that your putting words into people's mouth.

It doesn't matter that we are only at the 49 yard line. We are in enemy territory! It would be loser football to punt!

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 09-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2008   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed.

So sad.
Obviously it doesn't look good now, but I still liked the call. He knew he'd have to take some chances to have a shot up there, and I think they got to the first down marker, but the call just didn't go their way.
They were just outmanned. The Steelers owned, dominated the line play on both offense and defense all day long.
We can only hope the Steelers are that good, because if they aren't we got big, big problems.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the call and I thought Schaub had it, but it's neither here nor there. I don't think it cost us the game by any stretch of the imagination. We simply got outplayed on both sides.
Old 09-07-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very true. The thing to be concerned about there is the really lousy attempt at salvaging that bad call with a challenge. The chance that they will have an angle giving a strong enough view to overturn the decision on the field is minuscule at best. As soon as they screwed us on the call I thought ok, get em' on the next possession and then when I saw Kubiak was challenging I was like "No, no, no what are you doing Gary?"

It was a QB inside a pile. what in the hell did he think the camera would show other than that there were a lot of people standing in a small amount of space. Bad challenge (which we seem to get a lot of out of Gary).
Old 09-07-2008   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I liked the call and I thought Schaub had it, but it's neither here nor there. I don't think it cost us the game by any stretch of the imagination. We simply got outplayed on both sides.
Nobody is saying that it cost us the game. Dream said that it set the tone for the rest of the game, and I agree.

For the record, I think it was obvious that Schaub got the first down. He took 2 maybe even 3 steps forward.

I just would not have made the call. It's so early in the season and we are only at the 49 yard line, I mean there is a good chance we won't get it.

The challenge was really a bad decision IMO. It's a QB sneak, I mean when can you ever tell if the QB made it on a replay of a QB sneak where it's just a pile up. Almost like it was a shot in the dark decision by Kubiak. In the first couple minutes of the first quarter. That kinda stuff just doesn't sit well with me.
Old 09-07-2008   #19
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

nah I was screaming b4 the play that he shouldn't do it, lol.........if he would've made it, it would've been nice, but you don't go for that at that point in the game.......
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Very true. The thing to be concerned about there is the really lousy attempt at salvaging that bad call with a challenge. The chance that they will have an angle giving a strong enough view to overturn the decision on the field is minuscule at best. As soon as they screwed us on the call I thought ok, get em' on the next possession and then when I saw Kubiak was challenging I was like "No, no, no what are you doing Gary?"

It was a QB inside a pile. what in the hell did he thing the camera would show other than that there were a lot of people standing in a small amount of space. Bad challenge (which we seem to get a lot of out of Gary).
The angle from behind the LOS on our side showed him get pretty deep into the pile. Also, the LJ signaled a first down when he was running to the pile after the play was whistled dead.

Like he said, it's all hindsight. I've come to the conclusion, though, that the Texans are just flat-out unlucky.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read