Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How many years have the Texans taken off your life?

I think they have shaved off 5 years of mine. I am so ****ing depressed right now. MW is the only bright spot. The coaching, O-line, and Schaub have been terrible. We are no way near being a playoff team. This is so depressing. Put Rosenfels in.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many years have the Texans taken off your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I think they have shaved off 5 years of mine. I am so ****ing depressed right now. MW is the only bright spot. The coaching, O-line, and Schaub have been terrible. We are no way near being a playoff team. This is so depressing. Put Rosenfels in.
You are taking the game of football WAY too seriously.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a TEXANS fan ain't for the faint of heart.

FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You are taking the game of football WAY too seriously.
That is the only way I know how to be. I invest myself emotionally in this team. It has been more than 15 years since a Houston team has been in the playoffs. That is depressing.
Old 09-07-2008   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to say that being a Texans fan has added at least 5 years to my life. Ever since we got the NFL back in Houston, the fall has become my favorite time of year. Good or bad...I love my team.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh shut up. If think we're a waste a time, there's a exit to your left. Follow the bright red light. BYE.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I'd like to say that being a Texans fan has added at least 5 years to my life. Ever since we got the NFL back in Houston, the fall has become my favorite time of year. Good or bad...I love my team.
You work for the Texans front office don't you? I really don't need the "I'm just glad we have a team" talk right now....that got me through the first 6 crappy seasons, now I need a little more than that.....like actually good play on the field.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You work for the Texans front office don't you? I really don't need the "I'm just glad we have a team" talk right now....that got me through the first 6 crappy seasons, now I need a little more than that.....like actually good play on the field.
I agree. It was good to have a team when they started. 6 seasons later, that argument wears thin.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Oh shut up. If think we're a waste a time, there's a exit to your left. Follow the bright red light. BYE.
**** off. I am not quitting this team, I care too much and that is why it hurts so bad. Its time this team throws its suffering fans a ****ing bone.
Old 09-07-2008   #10
Webbster
Rookie

It also seems that Duane Brown is a bright spot on this team.
Amobi is another bright spot.
Mario isn't a bright spot...
Mario is a Freakin SUPER NOVA!!!
Webbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #11
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
**** off. I am not quitting this team, I care too much and that is why it hurts so bad. Its time this team throws its suffering fans a ****ing bone.
Too be honest I didn't even read your post, because you're title made me sick to my stomach. If your post had the intention of something else, you sure was mis-leading with the title.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not depressing if its the same thing every year. Having a winning team would be a pleasant surprise, but when you expect 16-0 and lose the first game, you're setting yourself up for a rough year
Old 09-07-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbster View Post
It also seems that Duane Brown is a bright spot on this team.
Not today he isn't

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its not depressing if its the same thing every year. Having a winning team would be a pleasant surprise, but when you expect 16-0 and lose the first game, you're setting yourself up for a rough year
You are thinking I am expecting 16-0? Are you kidding? I am hoping that we can have a decent O-line for the first time EVER, a good running game for the first game ever, and a defense than can impose its will for the first time EVER. Basically, I am hoping to see improvements to weak spots that have dogged this team from the beginning.

How come the Texans can't pleasantly surprise us with good play like other teams do.
Old 09-07-2008   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when we were like 7-9 and the following year was supposed to be our breakout year?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You work for the Texans front office don't you?
Uhhh...no. I don't work for the front office in any capacity.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Wrong thread.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read