Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2008   #1
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Default Texans are too SOFT and have NO LEADER

I love having nice guys and not all the off the field drama but this team has no EDGE to it. They just don't have the physical intensity needed to be a playoff team. We have no one that is willing to get in guys faces and be the leader. This is the worse performance I've seen from this team. Matt is starting to look like Carr.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans are too SOFT and have NO LEADER

Demeco Ryans is our leader.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

In Matt's defense the Steelers were on him very quickly when he was getting sacked. He looked great on those rollouts..he and Andre were clicking. They just need to settle down. But the D is letting the game get out of hand! Steelers O is pushing them around.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans, 6 seasons of bad football and counting.

I'm so tired of watching bad football that I can barely contain myself. It's the same story every year. We can't consistently stop anyone on the ground, stop anyone through the air, move the ball on the ground, or move the ball through the air. Every season we go through these games against genuinely good teams and see our team get beaten senseless. I'm tired of trying to "believe" when the team gives me little to nothing to believe in.
Old 09-07-2008   #5
stiff
Rookie

Mario is now awake 2 sacks a forced fumble and at least 3 tackles for losses. Kinda sounds like a leader to me!

Demeco is looking decent as well. The Texans need to stop giving short fields and get the passing game clicking again.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Good God folks...you would think this was the end of the world. Give it a break.

I have complete faith the team will rebound. We may not win but I hope we make it a close game.

We all knew the 1st 5 games this season would be tough...I don't get why many of you think that what is happening today is such a suprise.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Good God folks...you would think this was the end of the world. Give it a break.

I have complete faith the team will rebound. We may not win but I hope we make it a close game.

We all knew the 1st 5 games this season would be tough...I don't get why many of you think that what is happening today is such a suprise.
Give it a break? Are you kidding? I'll take a break from bitching about how bad this team plays when they take a break from playing badly.

Any time a team takes this long to look like they belong on the same field with the rest of the NFL I think it's at least fair to be frustrated at them. We have a total of 82 net yards in the first half and a pair of turnovers. We play football like crap around here.

No, let me rephrase that. We STILL play football like crap around here.
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Not many anticipated thsi game to be as embarrasing as it has been.
Old 09-07-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get more choir boys for our team. Go McNair. Soft is better!!!!! GOD.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Hurricane Ike will give this team another bye week and let them learn how to play football

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have leaders they just need to step up!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

We can have as many leaders as we want, but having leaders doesn't mean that a team with minimal talent on the defense will improve by all that much.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #13
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Give it a break? Are you kidding? I'll take a break from bitching about how bad this team plays when they take a break from playing badly.
Then you might be bitching for a long time...I hope your throat can hold out.

Lighten up will you? Its the first game of the season. Yeah...I agree that they are stinking it up right now. Their play right now is NOT a suprise to me...it shouldn't be a suprise to you.

I'm not going to get all bent out of shape if we lose this one. It's a long season.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Why do you assume I'm surprised. I'm upset but I'm upset because when the Texans give up 9 yards on 3rd and 7 that's exactly what I expect them to do. I'm upset because when the Texans need 4 yards for a first down and can't get it in two tries that's exactly what I expect. I'm not surprised, I'm disgusted by how predictable this all is.

If you don't want to talk to somebody who is upset then talk to somebody else. I don't see any reason to "lighten up".
Old 09-07-2008   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
We have leaders they just need to step up!
This is an oxymoron.
Old 09-07-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This is an oxymoron.
What did you just call Morlon Greenwood?

Old 09-07-2008   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been keeping the faith all offseason. Now? This team is a joke. Our defense is embarassing. Our offense is inept. I guess Schaub didn't read Chris's shorts after every snap he took.

On the 1st INT, AJ was wide open 10 yards deeper. Schaub had decided to throw to Anderson, however, so he got picked. Anderson was triple covered

On the 2nd INT, AJ was double covered. Polamalu was literally stnading directly in front of him.

Schaub almost threw 2 or 3 more interceptions
Old 09-07-2008   #18
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP

We have 4 first round draft picks on the defensive front seven and got MANHANDLED by what was suppose to be a weak Pit O Line. Something is WRONG. These guys just aren't physical enough and I'm wondering if that is a coaching issue. The only leader I've seen on this team is DR and he's on IR for six weeks. DeMeco and Mario are both going to be great players but that doesn't make a leader. If Matt doesn't show leadership by week 5, I say you pull him and go with the Rose.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #19
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I've been keeping the faith all offseason. Now? This team is a joke. Our defense is embarassing. Our offense is inept. I guess Schaub didn't read Chris's shorts after every snap he took.

On the 1st INT, AJ was wide open 10 yards deeper. Schaub had decided to throw to Anderson, however, so he got picked. Anderson was triple covered

On the 2nd INT, AJ was double covered. Polamalu was literally stnading directly in front of him.

Schaub almost threw 2 or 3 more interceptions
Schaub sucks!
Old 09-08-2008   #20
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Schaub sucks!
Great input genius. That was a very compelling argument you gave there.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read