Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many plays before Green gets injured again? (Read first post for conditions)
0-10 11 33.33%
11-20 8 24.24%
21-50 5 15.15%
51-100 2 6.06%
101-150 0 0%
151-200 1 3.03%
Green stays healthy all year & carries us deep into the playoffs 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2008   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How many plays before Green goes down again?

I know you never want any of your players to get injured, but Green has shown nothing to speak of that he's ready to go. Part of the reason I'm posting this poll is because I don't believe he has earned the right to start the opening game. When healthy, he is the superior back on our roster, but I don't think he's earned the start this year. So, in a very sarcastic way, how many plays do you feel he'll get in before he goes out with an injury. Keep in mind that the injury has to take him out for the rest of the game & the number of plays is cumulative from game to game. In other words, if he gets injured in the 3rd game, all the plays of the first 2+ games count towards the total. Also, by plays, I don't mean just the plays he touches the ball. It has to be all plays he's on the field for. Good luck with your guess.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many plays before Green goes down again?

I refuse to be pessimistic going into the first game of the season.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

By no means do I wish injury on anyone, and what I am hoping for is Green stays healthy because we need a good, solid RB. And a healthy Green is a good RB.

But Green staying healthy is about as likely as the Martians landing their space ship on the field at halftime.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoops, didn't knew this was an open poll question. Now everyone will know I'm a homer.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I refuse to be pessimistic going into the first game of the season.

Agreed, but to be honest if he is still in uniform at 3:00 I am happy.
Old 09-07-2008   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Whoops, didn't knew this was an open poll question. Now everyone will know I'm a homer.
There's nothing wrong with homers. If you're a fan, you're a homer to some extent.

The Texan Bull Rush
Old 09-07-2008   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I'd rather it came out that he does what you voted on than what I voted on.

Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

he'll stay healthy this game
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go out on a limb here and say that he gives us at least 4 solid starts.
Old 09-07-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd rather it came out that he does what you voted on than what I voted on.
We can only hope.
Old 09-07-2008   #11
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and say that he gives us at least 4 solid starts.
Yep, 4 or 5 starts, get us past the tough teams and then insert Slaton FTW.
Old 09-07-2008   #12
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm personally worried about his durability, and even if he if fit, if he can get the job done anyway! But...time will tell, heres to an MVP season.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well i think hes not even 100% going into this game

so i say he will be injured by the 4th carry
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

nvm
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #15
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I perfer to think positive and he'll be healthy or at least play all year and that includes the playoffs. If he only plays 10 to 15 plays a game.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

With Slaton and his turf toe, the question is do we actually have any backs that are healthy?

Old 09-07-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I perfer to think positive and he'll be healthy or at least play all year and that includes the playoffs. If he only plays 10 to 15 plays a game.
That's the line I'm taking. 4*12= 48. Twelve touches for four games...boo-boo.
How positive that is ?
Old 09-07-2008   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he may have something to prove ... and earn in both his contract this season after being restructured to a more performance based package and a contract somewhere (Not Here) next season. That being said , after watching him last season and again during preseason this year its hard as hell for me to be optimistic about his health .... I'll give the guy a quarter and a half against Pittsburgh.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #19
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Well, that sure didn't take long. I didn't even know he was injured. I think the 11-20 plays choosers win. I know he was in at least 10 plays.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Texans | Green injured Week 1
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:59:28 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (ankle) suffered an ankle injury during the team's Week 1 game. The team is not sure how much time he will miss.

The Texan Bull Rush
Old 09-08-2008   #20
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Green went to the refrigerator for a beer and tweaked his back while opening the door. The MRI will not be released to later this week.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read