Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2008   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hope this isn't true... (Ced Benson working out for Texans)

mods, please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Apparently, Benson says he's "trying out" for the Texans? Can anyone follow on this?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2228505.story
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hope this isn't true...

I was just about to post this myself. . .

I HOPE that it is true......We don't have the luxury right now of turning away players that could possibly help the running game.

IF he tries out, and proves he can be productive, and they also get him for a great price, then bring him on!

When this team is loaded up with talent, and we aren't in NEED of a position, then we can start turning people away for their character issues.

I'm done with the David Carr squeaky clean image.

I want to win.

(Valley this post was not directed towards you)
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #3
jb66er
Rookie

If he walks a straight line off the field, I think Benson would help this team alot behind Green, but I'm not sure he would make it here with McNairs one strike and your outta here policy!
I REALLY wish we could go hard after Shaun Alexander or Ronnie Brown

Sig by Lork88
jb66er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This report could be at least as legitimate as that of Bell's preluggage situation. The reports of the Benson tryout are in several major papers, with different wording so as not appearing to be a syndicated one source rumor. Maybe we'll eventually even see Bell carrying Benson's team luggage.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This report could be at least as legitimate as that of Bell's preluggage situation. The reports of the Benson tryout are in several major papers, with different wording so as not appearing to be a syndicated one source rumor. Maybe we'll eventually even see Bell carrying Benson's team luggage.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Cloak, you think this report might be legitimate?
Old 09-07-2008   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

With Ahman Green's health concerns,it couldn't hurt. The question is,will Benson's age finally catch up with him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2008   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see us sign him

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hope this isn't true... (Ced Benson working out for Texans)

im with vinny..... hes got awesome natural talent..... i think he was stuck on the wrong team and didnt want to play for the bears....

i know hes got into some trouble and everything but people can change... so bring him in
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas Jones V.2.

He hasn't really done anything bad, so I don't see why we couldn't try him out under a vet minimum or something. It's not going to make us worst, that's for sure.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #11
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

throw him back there if he stink tghen cut him
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the line in "Animal House" : "Going through life drunk, fat and stupid is no way to live life, son."

Strike the fat and add talented...I think you're close. We can speculate at the first incident, who was right and who was wrong...But in both incidents Ced put Ced in poor choices. I'd like to see the signing. Everyone deserves grace for being young and stupid....once. See nothing wrong with singing him and putting him on a short leash.
Old 09-07-2008   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Why isn't this in the Texans forum?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Why isn't this in the Texans forum?
It's a rumor regarding a NFL player. If/when it's is confirmed, it will be in the Texans forum. If we allowed every rumor about NFL players to be placed in the NFL forum, actual Texans news would be pushed down.
Old 09-07-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Andre Ware said something on the radio the other day regarding all these workout rumors. He said that coaches will often work a guy out to see if he's keeping in touch and to talk with him and see where his head is. If they like what they see/hear, he's on the speed dial in case of injury. So we may or may not sign Benson now, but he may be on Smithiak's speed dial, if he's keeping himself in shape.
Old 09-07-2008   #16
austintexanite
All Pro

I hope it's true and I would like to see him with us. However, I would be pretty stict on the contract regarding off field incidents.
Old 09-07-2008   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not an all or not kind of guy. Obviously a team of thugs doesn't get you all the success in the world and good guy teams can be successful but the cross road is talent. I know we want that good image but at the same time we shouldn't be afraid to take a risk on a talented guy who wants a shot to turn it around.

All things considered what do we have to lose bringing him in?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read