Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 1st offensive play?

Set scenario of where Texans will be on field and what is your call for first play. Mine would be fake a hand off to Slaton between LT & LG, Schaub bootlegs to right and fakes a reverse to Jacoby Jones and then he delivers a pass to Walters as AJ and Davis pull DBs deep. Ok, tear it apart.

I want to see a very aggressive plan of attack against Steelers. I do not think we can win by "hoping to hang on to ball" and grind it out. We need quick surgical strikes through the air and work the TEs Breuner and OD with some plays to slot. I also believe our kicker will be a huge factor.
Old 09-04-2008   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Texans 1st offensive play?

1st call? 1st play?

kickoff/return. i win.
Old 09-04-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1st offensive play: Bootleg, Schaub completes pass to Kevin Walter for a 1st down.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
1st call? 1st play?

kickoff/return. i win.
I hope Shanahan is smarter than to call that on our first offensive play.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #5
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
1st call? 1st play?

kickoff/return. i win.
1st call?

Heads.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I hope Shanahan is smarter than to call that on our first offensive play.
yeah, i checked the thread title.....

first offensive play will be a hybrid play action to the FB/fleaflicker. i called it now.
Old 09-04-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Screen pass or handoff to Ahman Green.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2008   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

run to the left side of the line for 7 yards and Green is not injured.
Old 09-04-2008   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

46 slant, option right, on 3....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #10
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

first offensive play

Schaub hands off to steve slaton, stretch left, gain of 5 yards.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #11
stiff
Rookie

Andre Davis End Around
or
WR Screen to AJ
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
1st offensive play: Bootleg, Schaub completes pass to Kevin Walter for a 1st down.
You beat me to it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213157 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

7 yd out to O.D. He eludes the first defender and gains 46 yds because Pittsburgh blitzed their safeties.
Chris Taylor earned half his game check when he picked up Polomalu on the blitz.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #14
Polo

Play action, Completion to Walter.
Old 09-04-2008   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a pass to Andre Johnson on a post pattern that picks up about 14 yards. It's either that or a Hail Mary......my dream wasn't fully vivid to me this morning.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I decided to take a little break and go back and check each game. Each play listed is per game. 1-16

1. Pass short to AJ for 5 yds

2. Pass short to Leach for no gain

3. Pass short to Green for 2 yds

4. Dayne up the gut for 2 yds

5. Deep pass to Walter incomplete

6. Schaub scrambles for 6 yds

7. Pass short to Jones for a loss of 1

8. Pass short to Jones for 5 yds

9. Rosenfels scramble for 14 yds

10. Pass short to Leach for 2 yds

11. Schaub around end for 7 yds

12. Dayne runs for 5 yds

13. Pass short to AJ for 7yds

14. Pass short to Walker for 2 yds

15. Pass short to AJ for 18 yds

16. Pass short to AJ for 17 yds

Sooo....I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it'll be a short pass. I suppose a short pass to AJ for 5 yds.
Old 09-04-2008   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I decided to take a little break and go back and check each game. Each play listed is per game. 1-16

12. Dayne runs for 5 yds

Sooo....I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it'll be a short pass. I suppose a short pass to AJ for 5 yds.

Nice work Hou-Tex, rep your way. On a side note, that's a little disturbing that we aren't more aggressive on the first play of the game to set the tempo. We seem pretty predictable by going off of those results.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't care about predictable. i care about 2nd and 5 or 2nd and 3. that looks good to me.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #19
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

12. Dayne runs for 5 yds

Nice work! Must spread rep before....yada yada yada.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #20
Polo

So....

Slaton is starting...?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read