Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-01-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 1 Sit em/Start em thread

So I've got this fantasy team. Normal rules apply and I'm wondering if I should sit one of my two starting runningbacks in favor of Brandon Jacobs. Also, Cooley over Crumpler right?

Here's a screenshot:

What do you guys think?

P.S. I'm thinking this could be a weekly thing during football season, up to you guys.
Old 09-01-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 1 Sit em/Start em thread

I would definitely go with Cooley over Crumpler. As far as the RB's go, that's a tough call, the two you have starting have very favorable match ups, that's a tough call, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-01-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go with Jacobs. He ran for 130 yards last time the Giants faced off against the Skins and was pretty beastly in every game he played last year.

Michael Turner scares me a little bit. Did anybody watch Sproles run for 100+ in the first half against the Seahawks? Part of me is thinking that anybody would look good in that scheme or behind that line.

I like Turner as a fantasy back but until he proves he can do it on a terrible offense with a rookie QB, I would go with Jacobs every week regardless of opponent.

Same thing with Cooley, I would start him every week until I had a reason to bench him.

Edit: BTW why do you have Colt Brennan on your team? I would cut him immediately. No reason to carry 3 QB's, especially when one is a rookie/backup.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am about to draft 2nd in my money league in 20 minutes, who would you guys take? I am thinking LT or Adrian Peterson, whichever one doesn't go first, thoughts?
Old 09-01-2008   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would go with Jacobs. He ran for 130 yards last time the Giants faced off against the Skins and was pretty beastly in every game he played last year.

Edit: BTW why do you have Colt Brennan on your team? I would cut him immediately. No reason to carry 3 QB's, especially when one is a rookie/backup.
COLT BRENNAN IS A TRUE AMERICAN HERO YOU TAKE THAT BACK (He stays)

The only thing with Jacobs is that Coughlin has been known to do RBBC in the middle of games. I'm thinking that if Coughlin thinks Jacobs is not doing as well as Bradshaw or Ward would, then he'll get pulled. I don't think Turner has any of that worry surrounding him. That's the only thing that's keeping me from starting Jacobs over Turner.
Old 09-01-2008   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still trying to understand how you picked up Brady, AJ, Gore, Turner, & Jacobs in the same draft?
Old 09-01-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

^^I had the 2nd pick in the draft. I think the draft went:

1) Brady
2) Gore
3) AJ
4) Jacobs
11) Turner

I was surprised as hell to see turner sitting there way down at the bottom of the draft. My WR corps is really really thin. Also, at least 3 of the teams in the draft had autodraft on, and had not done a good job setting up their draft board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am about to draft 2nd in my money league in 20 minutes, who would you guys take? I am thinking LT or Adrian Peterson, whichever one doesn't go first, thoughts?
LT is probably going to go first, and you probably need to have a strong RB backing up Peterson if you draft him. You just have to expect Peterson to miss at least a few games to injury.

You could probably go with Brady (That's the only QB that is probably worth taking that high, and I'm sure somebody would have a different opinion here), but I see a lot of fantasy teams do fine with a QB picked in the 5th or 6th rounds (Delhomme, Hasselbeck, etc).

If you want a different RB, you would probably have to go with a back that is the only back that is really good on their respective team. Westbrook gets a lot of receptions as well as running yards for the Eagles. Clinton Portis usually gets a ton of yards, but I don't think he's a 2nd pick in the draft back.

That should give you an idea.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that would put you in the same company as the vast majority of folks with this year's #2 pick. Third on my list would be Westbrook, but I wouldn't put him ahead of LT or AD.
Old 09-01-2008   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think that would put you in the same company as the vast majority of folks with this year's #2 pick. Third on my list would be Westbrook, but I wouldn't put him ahead of LT or AD.
Yeah, it's tough, no way I am drafting a QB in Round 1, no thanks, sorry b0ng.

If not AP, then Addai or S. Jackson is what I am thinking, thoughts? maybe Westbrook.
Old 09-01-2008   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Actually Brady might not be a bad pick in this spot, come back after that and go RB, RB, and get more value RB picks.
Old 09-01-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Yeah, it's tough, no way I am drafting a QB in Round 1, no thanks, sorry b0ng.

If not AP, then Addai or S. Jackson is what I am thinking, thoughts? maybe Westbrook.
Not a problem. 2nd pick is tough this year and can go many ways so I'm not getting a sore butt.

Honestly, Addai gets the TD's but not the yards. Jackson is coming off of a long holdout as well as injuries. I'm wary of him. Willie Parker isn't a bad choice as he was the rushing yards king up until the last week of regular season play last year. He suffered a broken leg, and also only had 3 TD's. The next best back in the league this year is a tough one. Marshawn Lynch is close. I thought Frank Gore would be a good back this year because the WR options aren't that great on the 9'ers this year, and he's pretty much by himself. But others don't seem to think so.
Old 09-01-2008   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Guess I will pick up Chester Taylor as my handcuff, cause I just took AP with the second pick.
Old 09-01-2008   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Yeah, I think you could probably get Taylor later on in the draft (He went undrafted in my league). Who are you thinking for your 2nd back?
Old 09-01-2008   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yeah, I think you could probably get Taylor later on in the draft (He went undrafted in my league). Who are you thinking for your 2nd back?
Here's what I have done so far:

AP
Willie Parker
P. Burress
Old 09-01-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Here's what I have done so far:

AP
Willie Parker
P. Burress
You'll be fine then. Willie Parker will definitely get the yards.
Old 09-01-2008   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
You'll be fine then. Willie Parker will definitely get the yards.
next pick will either be another RB or a QB, hopefully a QB.
Old 09-01-2008   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
next pick will either be another RB or a QB, hopefully a QB.
Don't get antsy and reach for a QB. Unless one of em have fallen (I can't even think of one) I'd think that the 5th or 6th round would be good for a QB if you're going to wait. Rivers, Roethlisburger (he's probably gone by now), Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Anderson, E. Manning, or Cutler would all be decent enough in the later rounds while you grab WR and RB's.
Old 09-01-2008   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

So far I've got

A.P. - RB
Parker -RB
Burress - WR
Maroney - RB
McNabb -QB
Old 09-01-2008   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Don't get antsy and reach for a QB. Unless one of em have fallen (I can't even think of one) I'd think that the 5th or 6th round would be good for a QB if you're going to wait. Rivers, Roethlisburger (he's probably gone by now), Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Anderson, E. Manning, or Cutler would all be decent enough in the later rounds while you grab WR and RB's.
Well there was a run on QB's pretty mcuh so Mcnabb in the 5th is not too bad. I will go WR, TE on the next two. Chester Taylor willl be last RB taken......unless Slaton is setting there.
Old 09-01-2008   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Would you go after another RB at this point? I mean I need two more WR's, at least good ones, but if there is another high quality RB, it will be a tough decision.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read