Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2008   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ is going to be on Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Maybe he could do some radio black and white commentary...
Here you go brakos, that line has rimshot written all over it.

I didn't get to see the interview damn it. I guess I can get a replay on espn.com?? I hate Rome but boring interview of not I'd like to see it.

BTW, I can't keep it straight. Was Rome Beevis or Butthead back in the day? i know, i know
Old 09-02-2008   #22
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Oh, he's always been a terrible, boring interview - but I'd rather have that than Ocho Psycho.

Whatever, he's quiet, he's dull - and he doesn't get in trouble with the law or otherwise... so I'm happy with him just the way he is.
Deeds, not words.

I'm thinking AJ probably adheres to something along that line of thinking, just kind of the way he carries himself, or so it seems to me.
Old 09-02-2008   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
AJ is about the only elite WR in the NFL who is neither a prima-donna, coach-killer, locker-room-tyrant, QB-berator, team-de-stabilizer nor out-and-out-buffoon. That's got to be worth something.

Agreed. Maybe throw Marvin Harrison in there as well.
Old 09-02-2008   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Agreed. Maybe throw Marvin Harrison in there as well.
Yeah. Marvin lets his gun do the talking for him.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #25
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought AJ did very well. It was nice to see some national coverage on our premier receiver. I know a lot of people don't like Rome because of his sarcastic nature, but he is consistent in telling it like it is. You may not like the way he presents it, but he is pretty straight foward.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #26
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Interview
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #27
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, he's always been a terrible, boring interview - but I'd rather have that than Ocho Psycho.

Whatever, he's quiet, he's dull - and he doesn't get in trouble with the law or otherwise... so I'm happy with him just the way he is.
thats actually what i like about him the most besides being good. his interviews are so interesting because he talks soooo slow and it's facinating to me. he's one of my favorites for sure.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2008   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its all about entertainment, he prefers to do his talking on the field as opposed to his friend Chad Johnson, oops "Ocho Cinco" who spends more time working on his next celebration move. In that sense AJ is a fan just like any of us who look forward to the ESPN highlights to see what the top performers do both on & off the field

Rome is a solid interviewer, one of the best actually & really likes Mario Williams along with AJ seeing the Texans as an upcoming NFL power. personally I hope it starts this weekend

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
hopefully he wont get hurt this year and we'll see this mentality pay off
What is wrong with you? You dont even think injuries. Ugh, bad thoughts.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #30
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
AJ has zero future in television for color commentary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As far as color (or black and white) commentary, AJ has the personality of a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
ben stein thought he was monotonous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
But he does have that monotone voice that never changes pitch or hint at any kind of emotion. He also mumbles which doesn't help matters.
Quote:
Oh, he's always been a terrible, boring interview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
AJ is about the only elite WR in the NFL who is neither a prima-donna, coach-killer, locker-room-tyrant, QB-berator, team-de-stabilizer nor out-and-out-buffoon. That's got to be worth something.

I don't necessarily find Andre dull just because he's quiet, and I don't get a lot of enjoyment of watching the usual Mr. Personality blowhard acting the fool while saying nothing.

All I know is I'd prefer a player like Andre as a member of my community more than many, many others we could all probably name.

* I know you all said basically the same thing after the parts I excerpted from your posts.
Old 09-02-2008   #31
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

So...what was mentioned in the interview?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a link?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
So...what was mentioned in the interview?
Here you go Sam. Just found it and am listening/watching right now.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15817300...?rank=0&order=

EDIT: You too Ob.
Old 09-02-2008   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks Showtime.
There were a couple of other interesting vids on that site too
- like "NFL X-factors: Houston Texans"
...no real news though; the 8-to-80 connection has to stay healthy and click like last year and Mario has to have another great year to save our secondary.

...we can always count on ESPN for in depth analysis.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #35
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Glad to help.
Old 09-03-2008   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

how many times has AJ been hurt throw out his texans carreer

Was he off and on when carr was here for the core 4 years
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #37
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We just went through 20 years of Biggio interviews, "one game at a time", "that's baseball" etc.

I'll take 12-15 years of monotone mumbling from AJ for a HOF career.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
We just went through 20 years of Biggio interviews, "one game at a time", "that's baseball" etc.

I'll take 12-15 years of monotone mumbling from AJ for a HOF career.
LMAO! Very good point. +Rep for mentioning Bigges quality interviews.
Old 09-03-2008   #39
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
how many times has AJ been hurt throw out his texans carreer

Was he off and on when carr was here for the core 4 years
Yes, 2005. He hurt his knee and I believe he was out for half the season.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #40
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Phenomenal!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read