Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ is going to be on Rome

I like Rome b/c he likes the Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: AJ is going to be on Rome

I posted it first.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

uhm... when ?
Old 09-02-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Today on Rome is Burning. 330 central on ESPN, and it replays I think at 430 central on ESPN2.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I posted it first.
Na ah.

Old 09-02-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

AJ has zero future in television for color commentary.

Old 09-02-2008   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Maybe he could do some radio black and white commentary...
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAKOS82 View Post
Maybe he could do some radio black and white commentary...

................and the crowd groans.

Old 09-02-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure, but between this thread and another, I think AJ may be on Jim Rome...

As far as color (or black and white) commentary, AJ has the personality of a rock. Which is great as far as I'm concerned. It's ALL about football for him.
Old 09-02-2008   #10
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm not sure, but between this thread and another, I think AJ may be on Jim Rome...

As far as color (or black and white) commentary, AJ has the personality of a rock. Which is great as far as I'm concerned. It's ALL about football for him.
hopefully he wont get hurt this year and we'll see this mentality pay off
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
It was that bad?

Personally, in ten years, I think we'll see Chester Pitts sitting behind a newsdesk. Sooner for Salaam.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It was that bad?

Personally, in ten years, I think we'll see Chester Pitts sitting behind a newsdesk. Sooner for Salaam.
Yes... [darth vader voice without the snore-breathing] Well I really don't do that kinda stuff... all it is is publicity... [/darth vader voice without the snore-breathing]
Old 09-02-2008   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was that bad?
ben stein thought he was monotonous.
Old 09-02-2008   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

PRAYERS TO THE FALLEN AT FT. HOOD
Joe Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
It was that bad?

It wasn't bad from a Texan fan point of view. But he does have that monotone voice that never changes pitch or hint at any kind of emotion. He also mumbles which doesn't help matters.

He did however choke back a big smile when asked his thoughts of whether or not he has the attitude of the Texans go as AJ goes. (meaning the W/L ratio from last year when he was out with his injury.)

He said no and tried to play it off but he couldn't help but to grin. You know deep down inside he was thinking Hell ya I carry this team.

Old 09-02-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, he's always been a terrible, boring interview - but I'd rather have that than Ocho Psycho.

Whatever, he's quiet, he's dull - and he doesn't get in trouble with the law or otherwise... so I'm happy with him just the way he is.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

I still find it oxymoronic that he's from the U.
Old 09-02-2008   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Oh, he's always been a terrible, boring interview - but I'd rather have that than Ocho Psycho.

Whatever, he's quiet, he's dull - and he doesn't get in trouble with the law or otherwise... so I'm happy with him just the way he is.
I wasn't complaining, just making an observation.

I guess he could do color commentating sitting next to Bob Uecker.

Old 09-02-2008   #19
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

AJ is about the only elite WR in the NFL who is neither a prima-donna, coach-killer, locker-room-tyrant, QB-berator, team-de-stabilizer nor out-and-out-buffoon. That's got to be worth something.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
hopefully he wont get hurt this year and we'll see this mentality pay off
no.........you.........didnt
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read