Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-01-2008   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Upset Alert for TENN

UCLA's QB Kevin Craft throws 4 INTs in the first half, but now, with 27 seconds left UCLA is up 24-21.

Craft buckled down in the 4th & has been CLUTCH on the last two TD drives.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Upset Alert for TENN

Headed to OT after Tennessee drives the field on a prevent defense & gets a FG.
Old 09-01-2008   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Missed field goal to end the game..
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching since the half. Unbelievable game. I'm still wondering about that call by Rick Neuheisel and staff after the near safety.
Old 09-01-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Gotta love kickers...

Tennessee's kicker goes 1/4 on field goals.

Last edited by bah007; 09-01-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

This is also why I hate preseason polls.

Chances are that Clemson will be ranked next week despite being winless. Tennessee may possibly be ranked, but I doubt it.
Old 09-01-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a great game! Good start for Neuheisal and Norm Chow at UCLA

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with Sam... That was a fun game to watch. I pulled for UCLA, because I dislike them less than Tennessee...
Old 09-02-2008   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to stop turning away from games at half just cause it looks like one team should win.

I broke at halftime convinced that Kraft sucked and Tennessee would come away with a win. Wow...must have been a heck of a second half.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I have to stop turning away from games at half just cause it looks like one team should win.

I broke at halftime convinced that Kraft sucked and Tennessee would come away with a win. Wow...must have been a heck of a second half.
Do the expressions 'Night and Day' or 'Vinegar and Water' ring a bell?? Well now we have 'First half and Second half'..
Old 09-02-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Do the expressions 'Night and Day' or 'Vinegar and Water' ring a bell?? Well now we have 'First half and Second half'..
I don't really like either team, but I can can sit and watch about any football game.

It turned out to be a really good game. I actually felt sorry for Kraft at halftime and was really impressed the way he came back poised and ready for more.

Great game!
Old 09-02-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't really like either team, but I can can sit and watch about any football game.
I mentioned that in a previous post. I just happen to dislike 'the' UT more than I dislike UCLA.
Old 09-02-2008   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
This is also why I hate preseason polls.
As a Georgia fan, I'm about sick of polls period.
Old 09-03-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
As a Georgia fan, I'm about sick of polls period.
Overall, I don't mind the polls that much. It's tradition, blah blah blah....

My problem is that the preseason polls have too much effect on the final polls.

If every team started the season without a ranking, & we waited until like week four to start ranking them, their rankings would more accurately reflect how good they really are.

Instead, teams are ranked in the preseason according to how good they are supposed to be.

I've always kind of liked the idea of the beginning poll of each season being the final poll of the previous season, but I'm also not sure that would solve the problems I have with the polls.
Old 09-03-2008   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

blame the voters not the polls etc etc, same old argument

anyway, this wasn't an upset at all
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
blame the voters not the polls etc etc, same old argument

anyway, this wasn't an upset at all
You do agree that the voters are the problem then?

The only reason I want the preseason poll gone is because the voters look at it as a guideline for how the season should end...and they shouldn't. It puts bias into the votes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read