Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2008   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Too Late To Sign Another RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I got that same weird feeling today. I thought to myself "Watch that fragile S.O.B. play 15 games or so this year and finish with 1300 yards".

I think it's just "Real football is about to start euphoria".
If he does it, we're going to be on pins and needles watching the WHOLE thing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #22
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Panthers cut Labrandon Toefield , did he run all over us when he played for the Jags?
Old 09-01-2008   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Call me crazy but watch Ahman Green stay healthy the entire season. Having your salary directly determined by the condition of your body does wonders...
The way Texans seasons have gone the past years, something completely unexpected like that might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
The Panthers cut Labrandon Toefield , did he run all over us when he played for the Jags?
All running backs on the Jags' roster ran all over us at one point or another.

----------------
Now playing: Pearl Jam - 05 - Nothing As It Seems
via FoxyTunes
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #24
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Call me crazy but watch Ahman Green stay healthy the entire season. Having your salary directly determined by the condition of your body does wonders...
Me too. At first I thought Slaton would have a big year, but his current injury might set him back afew. I think Green might come in the first couple of week and cement his job as starter for the year... or atleast til he's hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/players/ahmangree...e?id=GRE035797

You take a look at Ahman's second to last year in GB. He started the same amount of game as he did in his first year as a Texans. He was worst statistically that year, then he was last year. The next year he had a "comeback player" sort of year, playing in 14 games and rushing for over a thousand yards. That year was also his contract year, and he did enough to fool GMs/Coaches into thinking he still had something left in the tank, and had teams bidding for his services during the off-season.

This year will be the same, he knows he's on the bubble and will most likely be released after the end of this season. So he must play well enough to fool teams once again. You may think of this year as a renewing his resume year. Not to mention the bonus he'll get for being healthy for each game. This year is the year you may very well see the re-birth of Ahman "con-artist" Green.

Last edited by J-Russ; 09-01-2008 at 10:16 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #25
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Adding on, I hope to god we release Green after this season, no matter how he perform. Just draft a RB in the first day and forget about this old fart.

"fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, shame on you."
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #26
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Depends on how fast Detroit releases Tatum Bell and we sign him. He brings something different to this team too; instead of being old and broken down, he's fast and fragile.
Step 1 of the plan is now complete . . .
Old 09-02-2008   #27
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone mentioned this in another thread but if the Texans are going to brin in another back I do not think they will do it until after the first game because then the contract is not guaranteed for the whole season.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2008   #28
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

It's been running through my head too. Just watch that old s.o.b. stay healthy for the entire season and post some decent yardage. C'mon Ahman, earn some of that cash we've paid you.

Please pass the crack pipe this way because I think it could happen!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read