Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008   #161
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hurricane Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You're darn right "awww poo"... Thats not really what I was hoping to see...

Del Taco>Taco Bell........... mmmmmm steak and cheese burrito at 2:00am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I loved Del Taco! They served some delicious burgers too.
I guess I missed out on the Del Tacos, I don't remember them for some reason.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #162
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I agree with y'all. Schools shutting down, devastation and debris is all fun and games until you grow up and have a family and home of your own.

BTW, Rep to Herv for the Del Taco reference. Del Taco>Taco Bell
I miss Del Taco. It was way better than Taco Bell.
Old 09-10-2008   #163
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I miss Del Taco. It was way better than Taco Bell.
Taco Bueno was good too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #164
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Taco Bueno was good too.
What do you mean was?

I had the Bueno just yesterday.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 09-10-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #165
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Taco Bueno was good too.
if u wanna spend all day in the bathroom
Old 09-10-2008   #166
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're darn right "awww poo"... Thats not really what I was hoping to see...

Del Taco>Taco Bell........... mmmmmm steak and cheese burrito at 2:00am.
Del Taco was to die for!!! They still around?? I used to leave Steak & Ale on my "lunch" hour and head down Mangum about a 1/4 mile they were so good.

Last edited by Showtime100; 09-10-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #167
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I guess I missed out on the Del Tacos, I don't remember them for some reason.
Back in the day, there were 3 fast food Tex-Mex places (this was even before Two Pesos)

Del Taco
Taco Smell Hell
Taco Bueno

If this thing steers up towards Lake Charles, we should be groovy for Sunday.
Old 09-10-2008   #168
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Back in the day, there were 3 fast food Tex-Mex places (this was even before Two Pesos)

Del Taco
Taco Smell Hell
Taco Bueno

If this thing steers up towards Lake Charles, we should be groovy for Sunday.
Ummmmmmmm........

That's fine. It's not coming here. You can book it.

At any rate, my windows are boarded, my generator is full, and I've got food, water, diapers (not for me) and plenty of essentials.
Old 09-10-2008   #169
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Ummmmmmmm........

At any rate, my windows are boarded, my generator is full, and I've got food, water, diapers (not for me) and plenty of essentials.
I forgot you were in the LC area....
Old 09-10-2008   #170
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Del Taco was to die for!!! They still around?? I used to leave Steak & Ale on my "lunch" hour and head down Mangum about a 1/4 mile they were so good.

Yea my friend in San Diego eats it all time....when he mentions it, I just tell him I'm on my way to Whataburger.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #171
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
What's wrong with that?

Signed,
Pam Babcock
Old 09-10-2008   #172
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
No kidding! Bueno, Two Pesos and Taco Cabana all give me "screen door" situations.
Old 09-10-2008   #173
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
No kidding! Bueno, Two Pesos and Taco Cabana all give me "screen door" situations.
You're on a freakin' roll today.... Rollin' better than Ike
Old 09-10-2008   #174
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And, in turn, a little closer to Lake Charles.

dammit
One thing about Ike is that it's pretty damn big. Hurricane force winds will stretch out really far. Carla clone confirmed.

Quote:
Ummmmmmmm........

I know that you live there, but you never know. If this thing gets more powerful, it swings to the north even more. You saw how far it swung just today by becoming a Cat 2. Imagine if it went to Cat 3 on into Cat 4. A landfall in Galveston or further north (with the size of Ike) would be a worst case scenario for Lake Charles basically. Oh yeah, and add to the fact that Ike is moving slowly.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 09-10-2008 at 04:25 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #175
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Scary, GFDL is usually the most accurate...and pointing right over Houston.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #176
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Scary, GFDL is usually the most accurate...and pointing right over Houston.
The one guy I trust for hurricane information is Eric Berger, the SciGuy blogger on Chron.com. He has very good information. On his chat this afternoon someone asked if the GFDL is reliable and he answered

Quote:
The GFDL is a reliable model, but others have handled the storm better so far (ie UKMET and ECMWF). They haven't jumped north this afternoon.
Of course hurricanes are always unpredictable so just because the other models have moved north doesn't mean it wont.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #177
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

What will this do to the Texans game?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #178
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
What will this do to the Texans game?
Scare the poo out of those little purple scavenger birds.
Old 09-10-2008   #179
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Taco Bueno was good too.
I was reading above and this is the first thing that popped into my mind. I loved Taco Bueno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The one guy I trust for hurricane information is Eric Berger, the SciGuy blogger on Chron.com. He has very good information. On his chat this afternoon someone asked if the GFDL is reliable and he answered

Of course hurricanes are always unpredictable so just because the other models have moved north doesn't mean it wont.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/
I go to him all the time. He knows his stuff on chron.com. Weird for that paper. . Anyways, i had a trip to Brownwood, outside Abilene to see my father in laws new place out in the coutry so hopefully i can get out Friday and maybe shoot birds out there waiting this out.
Old 09-10-2008   #180
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
One thing about Ike is that it's pretty damn big. Hurricane force winds will stretch out really far. Carla clone confirmed.

I know that you live there, but you never know. If this thing gets more powerful, it swings to the north even more. You saw how far it swung just today by becoming a Cat 2. Imagine if it went to Cat 3 on into Cat 4. A landfall in Galveston or further north (with the size of Ike) would be a worst case scenario for Lake Charles basically. Oh yeah, and add to the fact that Ike is moving slowly.
Lots of 'ifs' associated with Ike yet.

We have plenty of provisions at the house. Did I mention that we also have two full gas tanks and bags packed ready to head off to family out of harms way?

Me, not stupid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read