Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008   #201
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hurricane Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd think twice about your plans on coming here if I was you.

If my flight isn't cancelled, I don't get a refund and the chances of using the credit is unlikely before the expiration.

Meanwhile, I have purchased tickets to 3 sporting events.

So let's say I bail out, I could be stuck with an airline credit and tickets to events that happen anyway.

I can handle a flight refund and eating the tickets I bought. But, if it's safe to fly in hours before IKE hits, then I'll take my chances and see what happens.

Besides, if things are that bad, why haven't the Texans and Astros cancelled or moved games? What is taking so long?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #202
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Can I stay at your place while you're gone then? The wife and I will be on a plane tomorrow ... sister-in-law lives in Huntington and I would *much* rather be chillin on a beach than sitting in the dark listening to the wind and rain for three days!
I live in a very small, dirty apartment in Hollywood.

You probably wouldn't like it.
Old 09-10-2008   #203
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
If my flight isn't cancelled, I don't get a refund and the chances of using the credit is unlikely before the expiration.

So let's say I bail out, I could be stuck with an airline credit and tickets to events that happen anyway.

I can handle a flight refund and eating the tickets I bought. But, if it's safe to fly in hours before IKE hits, then I'll take my chances and see what happens.

Besides, if things are that bad, why haven't the Texans and Astros cancelled or moved games? What is taking so long?
Dude, this is projected to be a Cat 4 when it hits just south of Freeport. The last place you wanna be this weekend is Houston. It might hit somewhere else, it might not, but it sure as ain't worth coming to Houston for.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #204
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of want to go into Houston for this thing. I don't know why. Rita was kind of exciting for me...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #205
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-10-2008   #206
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #207
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Dude, this is projected to be a Cat 4 when it hits just south of Freeport. The last place you wanna be this weekend is Houston. It might hit somewhere else, it might not, but it sure as ain't worth coming to Houston for.

Here you man, but I have a lot money into this trip.

If they don't cancel my flight Friday morning and the games (Astros and Texans) are not cancelled or rescheduled, maybe it isn't that bad?

If those things are taken care of, I'll stay in LA.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2008   #208
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm just glad that I moved up here to Tomball from League City 2 months ago. I'm good hunkered down here in the woods.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #209
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Well I'm just glad that I moved up here to Tomball from League City 2 months ago. I'm good hunkered down here in the woods.
Just watch out for trees. Those are the only things that worries me.
Old 09-10-2008   #210
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Yea... Trees are the #1 thing you need to worry about unless you on the coast.
Old 09-10-2008   #211
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's the only thing I'm worried about too. Lots of big ass trees all around me here.

Oh, and I'm worried about my poor vegetable garden that I just started that is doing very well so far.
Old 09-10-2008   #212
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, and I'm worried about my poor vegetable garden that I just started that is doing very well so far.
You remind me of someone....

Old 09-10-2008   #213
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post

Because uncertainty yet remains. One major model, the GFDL, thinks it's going into Houston as a major storm. But another big model, the UKMET, think's its going to hit well south as a minor hurricane. And the NHC is kinda favoring the UKMET right now, since it has performed better on Ike so far.

However, the tea leafs, such as intensification, slow movement, a cracking high pressure system, and a eerie similarity to Rita's path, are pointing to a more northern landfall as increasingly likely.

We should get a definite go/no-go for the Houston area in the next several hours as the next batch models finish their runs. If the models follow the GFDL north then the Houston area will start issuing evacuations around Thursday afternoon or evening. Those who are in, or who plan to be in, Houston during the weekend should watch this storm until we are given the all clear.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #214
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Best to all of you....

gonna be a bad one....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #215
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
You remind me of someone....

LOL

It's just the first time I've ever tilled land, planted seeds, and did all that work and I've actually got some squash, green beans, spinach, broccoli, and carrots growing and now this stupid hurricane is going to ruin my harvest. Now my family will starve.
Old 09-10-2008   #216
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
That reminds me of my ex-girlfriend...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #217
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
reminds me of my wife

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #218
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Her name was Ike?
Old 09-10-2008   #219
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Her name was Ike?
No... her name was Christine... but the EYE!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #220
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
LOL

It's just the first time I've ever tilled land, planted seeds, and did all that work and I've actually got some squash, green beans, spinach, broccoli, and carrots growing and now this stupid hurricane is going to ruin my harvest. Now my family will starve.
Oh wow, that's a big garden. I hope the storm doesn't do too much to it! Next Spring I am going make a small garden and grow some tomatoes and jalapeņos.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read