Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2008   #41
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Breakdown: Week 1 @ Pittsburgh

Steelers - 27 Texans - 17
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #42
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I'm not saying the texans will win, but its a winnnable game. They can attack the steelers by balancing thee 3-4 with 12 personel ( 1rb,2wr,2te) formation or going 3 wide putting pressuure on they're sub par db's. The texans wil have to pass to set the run with Schaub taking the 8yd out route lebeua gies up in his 3 deep zone. When he blitzes, the cbb bails and gives that route up all day banking on the qb being impatient.Also they need to run 5 screens this game.
Defending Pittsburgh is a chalenge because of Ben breaking contain and making plays. The good news is their line isn't good. If mario and okoyye can get some good pressure, everyone on defense need to keep their man in frontof them. Parker isn't 100% and mendenhall is a rookie with fumbling issues.. They need tto stop the run with the front 7.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
hey everyone. i'm new here. i just wanted to say good luck this week. i know it's going to be a good game. you're a great team and we have a lot of respect for you guys here in the burgh. i'm a member of a steeler forum and all the guys and gals there are giving you much respect too. here's to an great, injury free game! good luck, guys!
Hey, man. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you guys have a great game and stay healthy.

But I hope we have an even greater game and come out of there with a big win.

The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195574 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hey everyone. i'm new here. i just wanted to say good luck this week. i know it's going to be a good game. you're a great team and we have a lot of respect for you guys here in the burgh. i'm a member of a steeler forum and all the guys and gals there are giving you much respect too. here's to an great, injury free game! good luck, guys!
Good luck to you guys too

....in your second game and until we see you in the playoffs!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #45
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good to see you here and welcome.

I know your fans at your board have a lack of respect for our team and fans but they need to remember that we are the same fans that were there during the Steelers best years while we were hating on Bradshaw and pulling for Earl. Those were some epic battles.

As far as our team and the game, you guys win on paper but fortunately the game is played on turf. We believe that heart sometimes wins games you shouldn't and that is why I think the Steelers will lose.
Old 09-05-2008   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans insist on ineffectively running the ball when they canít, instead of using their pass prowess to advantage........donít be surprised when we run-run-PASS-kick, only to find that when we finally do decide to PASS, we FAIL.......to beat the Steelers.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #47
yinzer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Good to see you here and welcome.

I know your fans at your board have a lack of respect for our team and fans but they need to remember that we are the same fans that were there during the Steelers best years while we were hating on Bradshaw and pulling for Earl. Those were some epic battles.

As far as our team and the game, you guys win on paper but fortunately the game is played on turf. We believe that heart sometimes wins games you shouldn't and that is why I think the Steelers will lose.
i'm not sure what steeler board you are reading but the one i frequent respects your talent. i have no beliefs that this will be an easy game for us at all. i don't pay attention to what anything says on paper either. and you're right, heart wins many games. but what gives you any idea that the steelers lack heart? we have a lot of heart. always have.
yinzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read