Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2008   #21
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN: Texans possible landing spot for Rudi Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Excellent. Another expensive ageing injury prone RB. We should sign him immediatly. LOL
Interesting....

Give me Ron Dayne!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Third time's the charm?

Fool me once shame on you

Fool me twice shame on me

Fool me a third time .... <insert "dumbass" joke here>

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Interesting....

Give me Ron Dayne!
can you imagine how big Ron Dayne is without having gone to OTAs or training camp??

he'd have to wear Okam's uni
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

In other news, Houston still does not have a running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #25
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
In other news, Houston still does not have a running game.
Us Texans fans everywhere am cry.
Old 08-31-2008   #26
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I just dont think he fits this offense .... He's not a one cut and go kinda back . Then again we could use a short yardage , pound it type of guy who can get ya 2-3 yards when ya need it . I still dont see it happening ....
If that's the case, then just bring back the Dayne train.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #27
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks - I hate to break it to you but there is a reason Ron "Flab Cab" Dayne was not re-signed and has not been brought in.

What does it tell you when "those in the know" would rather have Brown, Green and Taylor at RB?

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2008   #28
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree...I don't think there is any chance Dayne ever becomes a Texan again unless something bad really happens.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I agree...I don't think there is any chance Dayne ever becomes a Texan again unless something bad really happens.
It already has. But I don't expect to see Dayne back even though he makes for good posting. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Interesting....

Give me Ron Dayne!
You didn't hear about Dayne?

He's still recovering from the 5 cent coney dogs they had down town a few months ago.

Some say he may never be the same again.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
It already has. But I don't expect to see Dayne back even though he makes for good posting. LOL
Chris Brown going on IR/Injury settlement is hardly "really bad".
It falls into the category of inevitable.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2008   #32
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Face it folks, picking through other teams left overs is all that's left for this year.
Huh?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #33
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
1. He couldn't average 4 yards a carry in '06, or 3 yards a carry in '07
2. He missed 7 games last season due to a hamstring Edit: He missed 7 starts last year due to the hamstring, but only 5 games.
3. He missed most of training camp this year due to the same hamstring
4. He was scheduled to make $3.2 Million this year
5. The Bengals apparently think Chris Perry and Kenny Watson made him expendable.
Thanks. I guess next year around draft time we'll be looking elsewhere to fill our runningback needs again. I understand the success the Broncos have had with no name backs but I don't think the same pattern applies to Houston automatically. I think it's time to seriously consider drafting a back with our no.1 pick next year. Ofcourse that will depend on if there is a bigger need and if the talent is there. Maybe drafting a back with our no.1 pick next year won't be such a horrible thing.

Last edited by Nawzer; 08-31-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Thanks. I guess next year around draft time once again we'll be looking elsewhere to fill our runningback needs. I understand the success the Broncos have had with no name backs but I don't think the same pattern applies to Houston automatically. I think it's time to seriously consider drafting a back with our no.1 pick next year. Ofcourse that will depend on if there is a bigger need if the talent is there. Maybe drafting a back with our no.1 pick next year won't be such a horrible thing.

hopefully we're drafting at #20 or lower because we made the playoffs and other teams will have to pay for all the over-hyped RBs. I'd rather have a top-flight FS or sideline-to-sideline, maniac LB to replace Greenwood. We can use our second pick for a RB.

but that's just me.
Old 08-31-2008   #35
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

He's still recovering from the 5 cent coney dogs they had down town a few months ago.

clogged arteries for the win.
Old 08-31-2008   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I never thought I'd see the day when I wanted Dayne on the Texans

sadly he seems like the only one that has stayed healthy

*edit*

scratch that.. I think if the Texans were smart, they'd place a restraining order on him to stay at least 500 feet, 6 corn dogs and a case of Beer away from Duane Brown
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Rudi Johnson is swiveling his hips for the the Lions as we speak.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

just as well, it would take him until the bye week to complete that Jenny Craig program the trainers would have to put him on.

And I agree with Wolf, Dayne cost us the last stud LT we thought we had. Leave him whereever he is.
Old 08-31-2008   #39
GuerillaBlack
Money!

We'd probably have like Rashard Mendenhall is Dayne had never hurt Spencer.
Old 08-31-2008   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Folks - I hate to break it to you but there is a reason Ron "Flab Cab" Dayne was not re-signed and has not been brought in.

What does it tell you when "those in the know" would rather have Brown, Green and Taylor at RB?

For those of you that might not know, Dayne was brought in to workout for the Tacks near the end of May when they were looking for insurance on Lendale White. After his physical and workout, he never heard from the Tacks again........probably because Nashville's buffets couldn't handle both of them in the same city.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read