Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2008   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN: Texans possible landing spot for Rudi Johnson

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Texans | Rudi a possibility?
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:49:37 -0700

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #2
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP
Default Re: ESPN: Texans possible landing spot for Rudi Johnson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had our share of aged, broken down running backs
Old 08-31-2008   #3
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen.

I love Ron Dayne (yes, I do), but I'd rather have Rudi Johnson in here. We'll see.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance we could trade Reeves for LT?

I'm not sayin'.

I'm just wishin'. :mshadows:

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Face it folks, picking through other teams left overs is all that's left for this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't say that we're interested, just speculation.

I'm really pulling for Marcus Mason to come here though, I hope Kubiak/Smith look at how he produces this pre-season and gives him a shot.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Face it folks, picking through other teams left overs is all that's left for this year.
Other teams are doing the same though. Texans aren't alone.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2008   #8
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Doesn't say that we're interested, just speculation.

I'm really pulling for Marcus Mason to come here though, I hope Kubiak/Smith look at how he produces this pre-season and gives him a shot.
Got to agree with you on Mason, the guy looked good for the 'Skins this summer.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Texans | Rudi a possibility?
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:49:37 -0700

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).
Clayton's a friggin' genius............with Brown out for the season and with 3 total roster RBs (all either coming off of major surgery or with the nickname of "glass" or, the most promising, suffering from a severe and potentially flaring "stubbed toe.") Well, then, we may be willing to tryout anyone capable of walking on 2 feet without any assistance..........."the Texans a possible landing spot".................yea, a friggin genius.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather pick up Keith or Mason over R. Johnson.

Kubes must be putting picking up the blitz as his top priorty when looking to pick up a FA RB.

Not a bad idea with Pit. Balt. Jac. Indy & Tacks coming up.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Clayton's a friggin' genius............with Brown out for the season and with 3 total roster RBs (all either coming off of major surgery or with the nickname of "glass" or, the most promising, suffering from a severe and potentially flaring "stubbed toe.") Well, then, we may be willing to tryout anyone capable of walking on 2 feet without any assistance..........."the Texans a possible landing spot".................yea, a friggin genius.
FUNNY

Isn't it great that we are surrounded by the genius that is BSPN.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #12
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
FUNNY

Isn't it great that we are surrounded by the genius that is BSPN.
Right under the blip about the Texans Clayton says the same for the Broncos. Not news just random speculation from a man that knows not what he talks about
Old 08-31-2008   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Steeler Nation has a thread called "Bungholes cut Rudi Johnson". LOL

Old 08-31-2008   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dont think he fits this offense .... He's not a one cut and go kinda back . Then again we could use a short yardage , pound it type of guy who can get ya 2-3 yards when ya need it . I still dont see it happening ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone please inform me why the Bengals cut him? I haven't been following all the cuts around the league that closely. He definitely is not the same back he used to be but I read that he was in excellent shape in training camp. I'm guessing Chris Perry will be the starting back and is Perry really better than Johnson? If the Texans do sign him I think he's going to be a short yardage guy exclusively.
Old 08-31-2008   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Considering what we have at running back, he'd be an improvement. Unless Slaton recovers from his turf toe, we got nothing at running back.

Old 08-31-2008   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Someone please inform me why the Bengals cut him? I haven't been following all the cuts around the league that closely. He definitely is not the same back he used to be but I read that he was in excellent shape in training camp. I'm guessing Chris Perry will be the starting back and is Perry really better than Johnson? If the Texans do sign him I think he's going to be a short yardage guy exclusively.
1. He couldn't average 4 yards a carry in '06, or 3 yards a carry in '07
2. He missed 7 games last season due to a hamstring Edit: He missed 7 starts last year due to the hamstring, but only 5 games.
3. He missed most of training camp this year due to the same hamstring
4. He was scheduled to make $3.2 Million this year
5. The Bengals apparently think Chris Perry and Kenny Watson made him expendable.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 08-31-2008 at 06:20 PM.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #18
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Clayton's a friggin' genius.
Fantastic post, made me laugh
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
1. He couldn't average 4 yards a carry in '06, or 3 yards a carry in '07
2. He missed 7 games last season due to a hamstring
3. He missed most of training camp this year due to the same hamstring
4. He was scheduled to make $3.2 Million this year
5. The Bengals apparently think Chris Perry and Kenny Watson made him expendable.

Excellent. Another expensive ageing injury prone RB. We should sign him immediatly. LOL

Old 08-31-2008   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Excellent. Another expensive ageing injury prone RB. We should sign him immediatly. LOL
Third time's the charm?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read