Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-31-2008   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Orleans Saints?

With Gustav bearing down, looks like they could be homeless again. Think they'll play in San Antonio again? Wonder if they would play any games in Houston? Man, hurricanes suck.
Old 08-31-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Orleans Saints?

I don't think the Saints will play in Houston if New Orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if Reggie Bush played his home games in Houston. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think the Saints will play in Houston if New Orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if Reggie Bush played his home games in Houston. LOL
I don't think it would happen either, but I checked out their schedule and there are only three dates that would interfere with Texans home games.
Old 08-31-2008   #4
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
i don't think the saints will play in houston if new orleans is flooded again. But it would be cause for a lot talk if reggie bush played his home games in houston. Lol
okc or sa?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

With one hurricanes destroying their city three years ago and another coming this year, maybe they should think about relocating their franchise. Surely they don't want to spend abunch of money rebuilding their stadium again, and it'll be a big distraction to the players/coaches worrying about the storm.

LA is still looking for a team, I think the Saints are a prime candidate to play there.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
With one hurricanes destroying their city three years ago and another coming this year, maybe they should think about relocating their franchise. Surely they don't want to spend abunch of money rebuilding their stadium again, and it'll be a big distraction to the players/coaches worrying about the storm.

LA is still looking for a team, I think the Saints are a prime candidate to play there.
The Jags are said to be the #1 target for LA.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

No matter which team they move to LA .... they will leave .... Just like those before them.

If NO is beat down again by this Gustav I could see them playing again in SA.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2008   #8
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Great post. They don't deserve an NFL team because they are located where there is potential for a natural disaster. It is a good thing that no other teams (Miami, Tampa, HOUSTON) have the chance of getting hit really hard by a hurricane. Lets move the team to LA so that there wouldn't be any chance of natural disasters like earthquakes or anything. I mean you can at least see earthquakes coming for days before unlike those pesky hurricanes that come out of nowhere.
KEYE SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

They are going to play in Indianapolis next week if need be. They already flew there I believe and will be practicing there during the week.

I don't think they will go to San Antonio for so much as a cup of coffee seeing how SA tried to rip the Saints right out from under NO three years ago.
Old 08-31-2008   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
They are going to play in Indianapolis next week if need be. They already flew there I believe and will be practicing there during the week.

I don't think they will go to San Antonio for so much as a cup of coffee seeing how SA tried to rip the Saints right out from under NO three years ago.
helluva home field advantage. way more saints fans in the se texas area, especially now with all the evacuess. why would they not consider it? would the texans be worried about the saints somehow infringing on their territory?
Old 08-31-2008   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
helluva home field advantage. way more saints fans in the se texas area, especially now with all the evacuess. why would they not consider it? would the texans be worried about the saints somehow infringing on their territory?
If I remember correctly, the Alamo Dome is not modern enough for a NFL game. They do not have to necessary HD replay abilities. So it is a no go from that standpoint.

Besides, I was a the Alamo Dome for the Alamo Bowl this year and the place is a dump. Very dirty bathrooms and it smelled.
Old 08-31-2008   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
If I remember correctly, the Alamo Dome is not modern enough for a NFL game. They do not have to necessary HD replay abilities. So it is a no go from that standpoint.

Besides, I was a the Alamo Dome for the Alamo Bowl this year and the place is a dump. Very dirty bathrooms and it smelled.
actually, what i meant to do, was ask about Houston as an option
Old 08-31-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

They wouldn't have to change their name... city of Angels with a team of the Saints

but I think like someone said Jacksonville would seem to be the one ,but I have been known to be wrong
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #14
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
No matter which team they move to LA .... they will leave .... Just like those before them.

If NO is beat down again by this Gustav I could see them playing again in SA.
not sure on SA. not enough disposable income. Corporate sponsorship shouldn't be too large of a problem, but even AT&T is leaving. SA is a "poor" big city.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to all three games when the Saints relocated here in 2005 and can tell you from experience that there will be some fan intrest, but I highly doubt they'll get the 63,000 average attendance this time around. Why waste money on a team that has no intrest in San Antonio? Why do we have to be a safety net for Benson to continue to line his pockets? Unless the Saints are playing a premium opponent, forget it. At least in 2005, Benson was going to move the team before Tagliabue shot him down.

And I don't agree that San Antonio doesn't have enough corporate support. Seemed to me like most major corporations in this city stepped up when the NFL came to town. IMHO, SA is just a football town so if anyone should be worried about losing sponsership it should be the Spurs (but that won't happen).

I say keep the Saints in Baton Rouge and let Louisiana deal with them. Wasn't that part of their comeback...building an image as Louisiana's team?

Last edited by BSofA04; 09-01-2008 at 08:10 PM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think Motley Crue's new song "Saints of Los Angeles" might me hinting more than we think.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read