Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-31-2008   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I went to my first college football game

Tonight I went to my first college football game, UH against TSU. Sure, it's a huge mismatch, but I had a ton of fun. I'm part of a student fan organization thingy, so I had a seat feet away from TSU's bench. I spent a large part of the game mocking the kicker/punter and the atmosphere was amazing.

I just wish I hadn't missed the tailgating. I'll hit up the Honors College tent and the Coog Crew tent next time.

It was 55-3, by the way, though I think that we won't be too good this year. Sumlin's system looks good, Keenum looked really good at times, horrible at other times, and Haffner looked like a legit NFL TE. The defense, however, has a bit of a hole up the middle.

----------------
Now playing: Metallica - Helpless
via FoxyTunes
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I went to my first college football game

That was Southern University from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. How was their band? Texas Southern University (TSU) was over at Reliant Stadium losing to Prairie View 34-14.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
That was Southern University from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. How was their band? Texas Southern University (TSU) was over at Reliant Stadium losing to Prairie View 34-14.
Their band was really good. As for the football team...like I said, the band was REALLY good.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Their band was really good. As for the football team...like I said, the band was REALLY good.
LOL, about the football team. Hopefully that will hold up when they play Prairie View at Reliant in late October. PV's band will hold their own, no problem there.
Old 08-31-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
LOL, about the football team. Hopefully that will hold up when they play Prairie View at Reliant in late October. PV's band will hold their own, no problem there.
I think more people buy tickets just to see the bands at halftime rather than to see the actual game.

As a former band member, that makes me happy

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

You're right. Far too many times at classics such as Labor Day, State Fair, etc. after half time you wonder where did everybody go? It certainly takes maximizing the calendar on appearances to a new level. What band did you play?
Old 09-03-2008   #7
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Tonight I went to my first college football game, UH against TSU. Sure, it's a huge mismatch, but I had a ton of fun. I'm part of a student fan organization thingy, so I had a seat feet away from TSU's bench. I spent a large part of the game mocking the kicker/punter and the atmosphere was amazing.

I just wish I hadn't missed the tailgating. I'll hit up the Honors College tent and the Coog Crew tent next time.

It was 55-3, by the way, though I think that we won't be too good this year. Sumlin's system looks good, Keenum looked really good at times, horrible at other times, and Haffner looked like a legit NFL TE. The defense, however, has a bit of a hole up the middle.

----------------
via FoxyTunes
UH games have come a long way since leaving the dome, I think that was the best thing that could have happened to that program.

I was very impressed with the atmosphere when I saw them play last year, being an Aggie I wasnt expecting much.

It will be a great thing for them if they get that stadium expansion.
Old 09-04-2008   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

----------------
via FoxyTunes
First off, I offer you these few tidbits of advice for gameday: When game time is 11am or 1pm - Do NOT wake up at 8am to start drinking. When kickoff is in the evening - Do NOT start drinking at noon.

I offer this helpful information because your day/night will be over at halftime.

Aside from that, beat the hell out of Ok. St. My best friend goes there and I would love to be able to give him a hard time about UofH beating his team. Would be a great moment for me personally. Know this Coogs: I am rooting for you that weekend.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read