Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-30-2008   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Michigan loses on opening day .... Again

Utah beats Michigan 25-23 , second season in a row that they lose on opening day .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michigan loses on opening day .... Again

VA Tech lost to East Carolina today also. My brother is a huge Hoakies fan, he was at the game today. He is probably on a suicide watch right now.
Old 08-30-2008   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Utes!

Did you say Utes?
What is a Ute?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1V-4...eature=related

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Michigan loses on opening day .... Again

I work with someone who cheers for the Utes. Glad to see Michigan lost,too
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me, or does anyone else on this board find it impossible to even imagine Dave Wannstedt coaching a successful football team (even though I guess technically he did it with the Dolphins).
Old 08-30-2008   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else on this board find it impossible to even imagine Dave Wanstedt coaching a successful football team (even though I guess technically he did it with the Dolphins).
he has the reverse midas touch

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #7
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he has the reverse midas touch
Would that also be known as the Casserly?
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2008   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just heard that Sam McGuffie ran a touchdown in the Michigan game.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I just heard that Sam McGuffie ran a touchdown in the Michigan game.
Yup.

He finished the game with 8 carries for all of 8 yds, but did get into the endzone.

Michigan's defense looked pretty darn good in the second half (lots of pressure by the front four). Too bad the offense was terrible the entire game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Utah beats Michigan 25-23 , second season in a row that they lose on opening day .
HAHAHa, it was great. I don't not like Michigan but for some reason I love seeing them lose. (like seeing A&M suck it up, heck! now Baylor might be able to get a big 12 win!!)

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

[/quote]
Old 09-03-2008   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Yup.

He finished the game with 8 carries for all of 8 yds, but did get into the endzone.
McGuffie is one of the cockiest SOB's I've ever met coming out of HS. Also, I like to compare him to an even smaller Jake Sharp (a KU RB). They can and will break a 20 yard run, but then they will have 6 straight runs of 2 yards or less. They aren't as good as the hype. Sharp was a mega-hype recruit in the state of Kansas apparently (before I got here) and he just isn't a very good RB when it counts. I feel that Sam will go the same way.
Old 09-03-2008   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
McGuffie is one of the cockiest SOB's I've ever met coming out of HS. Also, I like to compare him to an even smaller Jake Sharp (a KU RB). They can and will break a 20 yard run, but then they will have 6 straight runs of 2 yards or less. They aren't as good as the hype. Sharp was a mega-hype recruit in the state of Kansas apparently (before I got here) and he just isn't a very good RB when it counts. I feel that Sam will go the same way.
McGuffie has skills. He is very talented.

But he has to wear the biggest helmet on the field to fit his big head in it.

When you have been the top dog at every level you have played at, sometimes its good to have some humble pie.....especially if Utah's defense serves it to you.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
McGuffie has skills. He is very talented.

But he has to wear the biggest helmet on the field to fit his big head in it.

When you have been the top dog at every level you have played at, sometimes its good to have some humble pie.....especially if Utah's defense serves it to you.
Trust me, I know he has talent. Fast little bugger without pads in 7-on-7. However, he will have to work on his strength and leg drive before he has much success. He has enough talent as it is now to flash it with a big run or a TD, but he has to put it together at a higher consistency. Fortunately, he has almost 4 full years to do so, unfortunately, I don't see him ever doing so.
Old 09-03-2008   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'd like to see McGuffie attempt to hurdle a linebacker on this level, i bet he would never try again.
Old 09-03-2008   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
(even though I guess technically he did it with the Dolphins).
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read