Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2008   #41
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans place RB Chris Brown on injured reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Cough.....Ron Dayne....Cough...Cough
Hear Hear!!
Old 08-31-2008   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Ya know they both got personality disorders....but Tommy Blake and Cory Boyd are still out there. I know they don't want to screw up the locker room. Just saying. Ya wanna be 7-9 or do you wanna shot at 10-6 ?
I don't know who those miscreants are, but we can clean up the locker room in the offseason.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chris Brown's path to the NFL took him from Northwestern to Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College to Colorado. So the 6-foot-3-inch, 220-pound running back out of Naperville North has dealt with adversity before.

Once the Houston Texans placed Brown on injured reserve with a sore back last August, his 2008 season was automatically over. His older brother Levelle said the health situation has improved.

"(Chris) said he feels probably the best he's felt in quite some time," Levelle said. "(His) back's all healed up (and) it never really hurts to take a year off. That's what I always tell him, give him a hard time."

The Texans did not select a running back in April's draft. They do have Steve Slaton, who accounted for nearly 1,700 yards as a rookie in 2008. Brown could be the roster's change-of-pace back.

"I think (the coaching staff has) big expectations for the whole running back group to go out there and have a 1-2 punch with Slaton and I. Hopefully, we'll get the job done and make the playoffs and go for a long run," Brown told HoustonTexans.com in May. "We're totally two different styles. Steve's that small guy, quick scatback-type guy. I come in -- I'm north-south, getting downhill. That's how I run."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...090702.article
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #44
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill start cheering for him once he gets positive yards, until then...
Old 07-03-2009   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Ill start cheering for him once he gets positive yards, until then...
If healthy, Chris Brown would make an excellent 2nd back. The keys words here being "if healthy".

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #46
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kinda like the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus......I keep hearing his name but I don't think I have ever seen him in action.
Old 07-03-2009   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
It's kinda like the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus......I keep hearing his name but I don't think I have ever seen him in action.

Good one, LOL.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2009   #48
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me see a show of hands of how many people did like me and clicked on this thread thinking " I knew it!" or "I told you so!"
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #49
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Let me see a show of hands of how many people did like me and clicked on this thread thinking " I knew it!" or "I told you so!"
What a waste of my time. This old stuff.;
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #50
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking ****, did he go on IR again. Took me a moment to realize this was from last August.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I peeked at the first post and saw the date.
sorry
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry, guys, I didn't want to start a new thread about .. and thought this funny quote tied into last years thread (from the link)

Quote:
"(Chris) said he feels probably the best he's felt in quite some time," Levelle said. "(His) back's all healed up (and) it never really hurts to take a year off. That's what I always tell him, give him a hard time."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #53
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If this guy can hold up I'm sure he can do some good things but I think the undrafted rookie, Foster, is looking pretty determined.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #54
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

I made it to post 37 before I realized it.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #55
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

almost got me...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #56
danger6
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 danger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Weaver was before Smith was here.

Flanagan and Putzier are irrelevant- they were signed for depth at near the league minimum.

AGreen was a gamble that hasn't paid off.

I agree that we overpaid in trade compensation for Moulds, clearly.

Chris Brown was an inexpensive gamble- no big deal.

J. Reeves can't be considered a failure before his first regular season game, though I certainly have concern about him as well.
Excellent post. Must spread the reps. Can someone hit up Dale for me?
danger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #57
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I must not be getting TOOOOO damn old, I caught it on the first post! lol BUT, I did click on the thread thinking "here we go again."

Glad he THINKS he's better. Took that year off, made a small fortune ridin the pine, and now he's hopefully ready to play some football. If NOT, get the hell out of Houston so we can make way for someone who cares!! My bet is he won't make it though the pre-season. Move over CB, there's a new kid on the block who's gonna make you COMPETE for that position, and I don't mean sittin on your a*s!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
<raises hand>
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #59
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I clicked thinking he was going on the IR YET AGAIN, but made sure to look at the date to verify.

I picked him up off of waivers a couple years back in FFB (I know, an accurate source of all knowledge on football) and I enjoyed watching his production. Guy is NOT a bad RB, but he's an upright runner that sprains something when sleeping. Fra gee lay. If he truly is healthy and can avoid injuries, I think he can make a surprising impact on this team.

Ain't putting my money on him, though.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #60
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

geesh, I thought wth are the Texans doing...AGAIN?!! glad it was just a bumped thread.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read