Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2008   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones

OK what happens now? Nothing? A serious talking-to? what you all think?

Last edited by valleytexfan; 08-16-2008 at 09:58 PM.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #2
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

this was the game where he should have showed everyone that he has moved on from last weeks game - what happens? he makes even more mistakes.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Let him play the rest of the preseason and go from there.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes is probably chewing him out now.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did he fumble another one? After his muffed punt?
Old 08-16-2008   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Sheesh, call off the dogs, they'll get this sorted out before the first game.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #7
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid that he might get shell-shock after these two pre-season games. I still want him to have the "take it all the way" mentality, but I just hope he can make the right decisions when the ball is coming towards him.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2008   #8
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I would only really start worrying when these fumbles start happening in the regular season. Right now, he just needs to learn 'grab the ball then run not run then grab the ball'.
Old 08-16-2008   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Did he fumble another one? After his muffed punt?
Yes. An end-around. NFL.com credited Brink with hit but I'm not so sure. I want to see the replay.

But from what the announcers said, it was a sure TD. Everyone flowed to the run fake and he had open field ahead of him.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering if someone was going to start a JJ thread. LOL

Guys that make it to this level should be better, most especially in their 2nd year. I guess we wait and see what he does at Dallas next week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #11
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I was big on Jacoby last year but he hasn't seemed the same since he hurt his shoulder. I think he can still get it together but man he did not look good tonight. Although he did have that one nice catch.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He better get his head right and stop screwing up or he is not going to last long.
Old 08-16-2008   #13
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I was wondering if someone was going to start a JJ thread. LOL

Guys that make it to this level should be better, most especially in their 2nd year. I guess we wait and see what he does at Dallas next week.
Had to, just had to, Thorn.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #14
Dcolbyt
starter

i live not far from where he went to college and its a very small town. i bet its like going from highschool to the nfl. he is the only reason i even know where lane college is.
Old 08-16-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
i live not far from where he went to college and its a very small town. i bet its like going from highschool to the nfl. he is the only reason i even know where lane college is.
Yeah, Lane College is pretty small. 1700 students and only 46 faculty/staff. My high school is more than double the size.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Sheesh, call off the dogs, they'll get this sorted out before the first game.
I hope so.

I'm afraid he has the football equivalent of the yips. Like Chuck Knoblauch throwing to first base. Rick Ankiel pitching. Shaq and free throws. What expert archers call "target panic."

It's the opposite of being in the zone. You have so much going on in your head, you lose confidence and trust in everything you do. Sometimes it is just trying too hard, and not just doing and being.

The bad thing about this is though sometimes players can work through it, sometimes it can't be coached out.

It's a horrible horrible feeling to have. I feel so bad for the guy.
Old 08-16-2008   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I want to see Slaton take PRs with the 1s next week. If he's solid in that role then Jacoby is going to have to win the WR 5 job outright. But at this point he's not suiting up on Sundays until he proves that he's taking to the coaching and stops repeating the same mistakes.
Old 08-16-2008   #18
Dcolbyt
starter

not a bad idea, since he might not get many carries this yr. i just want a reason to buy a number 12 jersey
Old 08-16-2008   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
not a bad idea, since he might not get many carries this yr. i just want a reason to buy a number 12 jersey
I feel bad for people that bought JJ jersey's last offseason. I saw a few people wearing them after his great preseason.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think almost all of us were just far too high on Jacoby Jones. He was a good preseason story last year. "Kid from small school does good in the pro's and isn't phased by the transition" made for good press and he really was exciting but that was preseason before he knew what he was getting into and this is year two and the rest of the league isn't surprised at how quick Jacoby Jones is. They had him figured out in about three weeks last year and the sad truth is that he's nothing special at this level.

I'm not really interested in seeing the Texans keep him at this point. He's last years kool aid and nothing more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read