Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2008   #21
SteelPhantom
Rookie

Default Re: NFL's best fans

come on, was first place ever in doubt? i can't believe the steelers got a 2 for fans traveling!?!?!?!?!?! if anything pittsburgh is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best traveling fanbase in the NFL.

as you will all see in about 8 days!
SteelPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
So they knock us on travel and hatred... but I bet this guy is probably a Cowgirl fan anyway. Go figure.
Dear Lord..always the Boys. The part I found funny is that people around here seem to think that when you walk out of your house with a Texans jersey on there are Cowboy fans standing there taunting them and getting in brawls yet under the Cowboys listing it says

Quote:
This isn't a fan base that feels a great deal of hatred for certain teams or players. In fact, I think Texas Stadium is one of the safest places in the league to wear an opposing jersey.
Old 08-30-2008   #23
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPhantom View Post
come on, was first place ever in doubt? i can't believe the steelers got a 2 for fans traveling!?!?!?!?!?! if anything pittsburgh is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best traveling fanbase in the NFL.

as you will all see in about 8 days!
Well since the game in 8 days is IN Pittsburgh it will be kind of hard to check out the Steelers "traveling" fanbase but what the heck....

I've always thought the Pack had the most loyal fanbase. Travel well, unbelievable support at home and knowledgable fans.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #24
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

How much of a team's traveling fan base is really just people who live in the other city who are fans of that team. The Steelers and Cowboys have been successful over many decades and have fans all around the country. The same goes for the Packers. Do more fans that live in Dallas really travel to Washington to see a game or is it just that there are a good number of Cowboys fans already living there? I know some people here travel to games. I would if it weren't for the cost. I imagine others are in the same position. It would be interesting if there were a way to really figure that out. When the Packers were here there were a lot of Cheeseheads in the crowd. I'd like to know what percentage came all the way from Wisconsin. I think most of them lived here or near enough that it was worth the trip.

I think the Texans are in a spot where they are only 7 years old and there aren't as many fans that live outside the area that are fans of the team. As the team grows and gets older and people move away buy continue to support the Texans we will start to see more fans outside the market and it should increase our attendance for road games.
Old 08-30-2008   #25
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

I will attest to your fanbase as a top 5 tailgating fanbase. My opinion, of course.
cc_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #26
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well if ya change tailgating to a 1 (best) then we score at the very bottom of the top 20.

Seems fair to me. Our fans really suck sometimes.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #27
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
How much of a team's traveling fan base is really just people who live in the other city who are fans of that team. The Steelers and Cowboys have been successful over many decades and have fans all around the country. The same goes for the Packers. Do more fans that live in Dallas really travel to Washington to see a game or is it just that there are a good number of Cowboys fans already living there? I know some people here travel to games. I would if it weren't for the cost. I imagine others are in the same position. It would be interesting if there were a way to really figure that out. When the Packers were here there were a lot of Cheeseheads in the crowd. I'd like to know what percentage came all the way from Wisconsin. I think most of them lived here or near enough that it was worth the trip.

I think the Texans are in a spot where they are only 7 years old and there aren't as many fans that live outside the area that are fans of the team. As the team grows and gets older and people move away buy continue to support the Texans we will start to see more fans outside the market and it should increase our attendance for road games.
You are right on traveling. The Cowboys fanbase in say Arizona is massive and half the stadium used to be Cowboy fans when they played divisional games. It was a base already there from when Arizona had no team and the Cards were St. Louis. That and and a present Hispanic community that has grown and that was exposed to the Cowboys.
Old 08-31-2008   #28
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Our fans really suck sometimes.
I agree. I have not been to a single game where...

-The stadium is full and crazy loud at introductions (people are usually just entering the corridors)
-I don't see TONS of other teams jerseys (I guarantee you would not see that in GB or PITT)
-I am not asked to sit down while our team is on DEFENSE (the same idiots will be standing up the very next play on 3rd and 8 but not on 2nd and 10)

I think all of you know exactly what I am talking about. We know how to tailgate that is for sure. It is a fairly calm tailgate though. We believe in hospitality which to an outside fan can come off as being ambivalent towards the enemy fans entering OUR house.

Basically, what I am trying to say that if there were less martini sipping, late arriving, early leaving, corporate seating "fans" and more early, rabid, diehard, EMOTIONAL, STANDING, YELLING FANS like the majority of the people on the boards we would be rated much higher. It is going to take a winning tradition before we acheive a travelling fan base and other fans HATING us. Right now they consider us a pesky little brother but we are hitting our growth spurt and the era of dominance is about to switch to us.
KEYE SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #29
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
When I travel from Austin to the games, I always have to plead with people to stand up and get loud. When I do, they get mad at me. We should've got a worse score.
Many people in Houston just don't know what a real NFL fan is ? They used to in the "Luv ya Blue" days, but I haven't seen that kind of spirit around here
for the Texans, not yet anyway.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #30
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Many people in Houston just don't know what a real NFL fan is ? They used to in the "Luv ya Blue" days, but I haven't seen that kind of spirit around here
for the Texans, not yet anyway.
Well obviously it was different because then we were doing a little thing called, winning! For how our team has done we have supported them very much.

Last edited by imatexan; 08-31-2008 at 07:47 PM.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #31
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
For how are team has done we have supported them very much.
So are you trying to tell me that you will be a better fan when we start winning? Let me guess, you supported the Pats all year and then after the Super Bowl you ran out and bought a Giants jersey.
Old 08-31-2008   #32
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
So are you trying to tell me that you will be a better fan when we start winning? Let me guess, you supported the Pats all year and then after the Super Bowl you ran out and bought a Giants jersey.
Ya and thats why I have only missed a few games in there history and still plan to drive to all of them this year even though I live in San Marcos. Did I EVER say anything about ME? No. If a team wins, there is more support for that team that is always how it goes but nice try.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read