Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL's best fans

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...ory?id=3530077

ESPN.com ranking of the best fans in the NFL. I'd like to think we would rank higher than 23rd. My biggest beef is giving the Texans fans a 3 (middle of the road score) for tailgating. The 49ers got a 2 and unless things have changed since I've been out that direction they aren't even in the same league as Texans fans.
Old 08-29-2008   #2
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang
Default Re: NFL's best fans

So they knock us on travel and hatred... but I bet this guy is probably a Cowgirl fan anyway. Go figure.
Old 08-29-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are all the ESPN lovers???

Anyway, its crap... Don't read anyting into it - especially the tailgating part. If you want to read about our tailgates, look up the "The Commisioner of Tailgating" Joe Cahn, or google "The Ultimate Sports Road Trip"....
Old 08-29-2008   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
So they knock us on travel and hatred... but I bet this guy is probably a Cowgirl fan anyway. Go figure.
Actually, that's about right. To get a "1" in Hatred, you probably have to be an obnoxious fanbase, like Cowboy fans or Eagle fans or Raider fans.
We're not like that. (mainly because we haven't yet had any basis to brag)

So no other team's fans, not even, Jags or Tacks fans hate us. (but just wait until we take over the division )

As far as travel goes, we haven't been around long enough to establish a traveling road show like the Broncos or the CheeseHeads. That will improve as we get better established as a winner. Folks are more inclined to follow a winner.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

DAMN YOU ESPN !!!!!!!!

I could really give a darn what ESPN says, we're great fans and we know it so thats all that counts.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Actually, that's about right. To get a "1" in Hatred, you probably have to be an obnoxious fanbase, like Cowboy fans or Eagle fans or Raider fans.
We're not like that. (mainly because we haven't yet had any basis to brag)

So no other team's fans, not even, Jags or Tacks fans hate us. (but just wait until we take over the division )

As far as travel goes, we haven't been around long enough to establish a traveling road show like the Broncos or the CheeseHeads. That will improve as we get better established as a winner. Folks are more inclined to follow a winner.
True. Too true. We could also blame the fact that we're quite civil compared to other fan outfits around the league.
Old 08-29-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes Matt Mosley is a cowgirl fan. Paul Kuharsky I have no clue about. Hell I am not sure he has ever been to a Texans game for that matter. If he has been to a Texans game I want to know what lot he went to, to say our tailgating was not top of the line?
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2008   #8
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

pile of crap, the Bills and Seahawks should easily be in the top 10, Patriots fans should be in bottom 5 as they are all obnoxious oafs (at least the ones in the UK are).
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
pile of crap, the Bills and Seahawks should easily be in the top 10, Patriots fans should be in bottom 5 as they are all obnoxious oafs (at least the ones in the UK are).
So are the bandwagon ones over here.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Disclaimer: I hold a position in ESPN

For real though, the assessment is right on:
Quote:
In 2006, when local hero Vince Young returned as a member of the division rival Titans, fans couldn't have greeted him more warmly. When he won the game with a TD run in overtime, most of Reliant Stadium cheered him. Texans fans are desperate for a winner and appreciate first-class ownership. They score well in loyalty (though as Young proved, a good share of it is to the University of Texas.) Though they can be whiny on a Monday morning, they've had a reasonable amount to whine about.
Old 08-29-2008   #11
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, the more I looked at this, he has the loyalty rating of the Jags rated higher than the Texans. The Jags have a 3, and we have a 1. Those tarps are some loyal ass fans I guess.

Old 08-29-2008   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
OK, the more I looked at this, he has the loyalty rating of the Jags rated higher than the Texans. The Jags have a 3, and we have a 1. Those tarps are some loyal ass fans I guess.
Look at the scores again.
Think golf. The lower the score the better.

Our 1 is betta than their 3

WE are more loyal fans than Jags fan.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

For once I think ESPN made some honest choices here, atleast about the top
5. Beyond that, I just don't know the individual teams support that well ?
BTW, as far as our ranking goes, we've got a long way to go so don't feel insulted.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #14
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Look at the scores again.
Think golf. The lower the score the better.

Our 1 is betta than their 3

WE are more loyal fans than Jags fan.

OH !! I get now............. Now I feel better.

Old 08-29-2008   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yes Matt Mosley is a cowgirl fan. Paul Kuharsky I have no clue about. Hell I am not sure he has ever been to a Texans game for that matter. If he has been to a Texans game I want to know what lot he went to, to say our tailgating was not top of the line?
Kuharsky is a Titans beat writer. Why do you think he judged the entire Houston fan base on one game where Vince stuck it up our ass (the pinnacle of Uncle Rico's NFL career it seems). He's been to 6 games at Reliant, one for every time the Titans visited.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When I travel from Austin to the games, I always have to plead with people to stand up and get loud. When I do, they get mad at me. We should've got a worse score.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Kuharsky is a Titans beat writer. Why do you think he judged the entire Houston fan base on one game where Vince stuck it up our ass (the pinnacle of Uncle Rico's NFL career it seems). He's been to 6 games at Reliant, one for every time the Titans visited.
Oh ok, that explains it. Well at least a known titant fan wrote it. It kindas would have sucked if the asked one of our local jagoffs to write it because they would have said the same thing.
Old 08-30-2008   #18
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I don't know or care how others rate us as fans. I can't afford to get season tickets, so I get to see a couple of games live each year (thanks to my brother's law firm tickets that he gives me. This year I get to catch the Colts live in Reliant. I already got to see the preseason opener against Denver. I'm stoked to say the least. The one thing I can say is that if you want to find some REAL Texans fans, all you have to do is visit this message board. Hardcore fans through and through!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #19
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

This is kind of like the King Thread, but I would have to agree with the results for the most part. I would place the Texan fans in the top 20 though. Until we are able to be consistant, in terms of ticket sales, rolloever in the community, and national following, it's about right.
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #20
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know for a FACT that our tailgating is one of the top 5 that is insane! My other problem is that we are lower than the Tians fans, insane. Us being nice and no one hating us hurt us in this rank but o well.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read