Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Williams, who suffered cracked vertebrate, walks on own power at hospital

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3558421

Quote:
Houston television station KRIV reports that Williams walked by himself Thursday morning at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

He suffered a cracked vertebrate and severe ligament damage in his neck Aug. 22 during a preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Williams told the station, "I started walking today. I brushed my own teeth today, sat up in a chair today, fed myself today."

"I'm doing good man."

Doctors say its unlikely he'll be able to play football again, something the 26-year-old says he accepts.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Williams, who suffered cracked vertebrate, walks on own power at hospital

Atta' way, Harvey.

(Thanks for the update, wolf)
Old 08-29-2008   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Williams, who suffered cracked vertebrate, walks on own power at hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Quote:
Houston television station KRIV reports that Williams walked by himself Thursday morning at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

He suffered a cracked vertebrate and severe ligament damage in his neck Aug. 22 during a preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Williams told the station, "I started walking today. I brushed my own teeth today, sat up in a chair today, fed myself today."

"I'm doing good man."

Doctors say its unlikely he'll be able to play football again, something the 26-year-old says he accepts.
Those words tell my that Harry will "find" success in his altered future journey. We take so many things in life for granted. We should all take pause to occasionally take a hard look at our priorities........it may surprise us.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't the Texans have a email box or P.O. box for players so we can send get well cards or whatever?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Doesn't the Texans have a email box or P.O. box for players so we can send get well cards or whatever?
I don't know if this has been mentioned here on TT.com, but Nick Scurfield has a thread going at the official HT.com forum that allows fans to send Harry well wishes and words of encouragement.

Nick says that he will print out the fan's posts and deliver them to Harry when he returns to Houston.

Here's the link: Official Harry Williams Get Well Thread

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesterday McLame said he was going to go back to school and get his degree in Engineering. Obviously the kid has a head on his shoulders. I think he'll be ok as long as he has that determination.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read