Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which position would you upgrade on the defense if you could just "make it happen"?
Weaver: We need help with the pass rush to get the most out of Mario! 45 73.77%
Greenwood: We need another LB to go with DeMeco and we need him now! 5 8.20%
Reeves: As long as he's the best we have opposite Bennett we're in trouble. We need a CB 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2008   #41
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So which "hole" do you fill in our defense?

I was suprised I thought it woud be wayy more CB votes, thats what we need!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #42
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 3464 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Weaver. If we had someone to take pressure off of Mario, our pass rush would be a legitimate, consistent threat. That added pressure would help our secondary out big time.
Mario should be taking pressure of others. We just need someone good enough to take advantage of it, as well as stop the run when they run away from Mario.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #43
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!! Not Matt Stevens...
I was pretty sure that this was after the Matt Stevens experiment. It might have been that Eric Brown guy from Denver or McCree, I'm not sure.
Old 08-28-2008   #44
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost picked CB. But I want to see the QB get hit.

Last edited by rmartin65; 08-28-2008 at 01:50 PM.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I almost picked CB. But I want to see sacks.
*ahem* I'd recommend an edit somewhere in there before TB get's all up in a tizzy.
Old 08-28-2008   #46
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Mario should be taking pressure of others. We just need someone good enough to take advantage of it, as well as stop the run when they run away from Mario.
It swings both ways. As of right now, Mario is taking double and triple teams because our other players aren't even considered a threat. They need to step up and get to the QB, so that Mario can get loose, etc.
Old 08-28-2008   #47
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I was surprised I thought it would be way more CB votes, thats what we need!
Yeah but Weaver has been injured for two years and make a lot of money. Not to mention he is supposedly healthy now and so far he has played like Richard Justice writes. You seem him on the field moving about and you know he is trying to do something but what the hell that is you haven't the foggiest.

It is like he is on a treadmill, he is moving but going no where.
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2008   #48
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
*ahem* I'd recommend an edit somewhere in there before TB get's all up in a tizzy.
Good call.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read