Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2008   #1
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans = AFC Preview

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=...o&confirm=true
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #2
Qman
Veteran

Rep Power: 389 Qman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans = AFC Preview

Hmm that was pretty good little article. I could tell some of the predictors don't really follow the Texans but we are getting some respect.
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

One part that stood out to me:

Thomas George: Texans continue to build and are improved. Prediction: 5-11

I don't have a problem with someone picking the team to finish 5-11 but at least give some explanation, don't just patronize us with some copy paste line. How are we continuing to build with a 5-11 record? If this did happen it would be a huge step back.
Old 08-26-2008   #4
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

We're building, but what we're building really, really sucks.
Old 08-26-2008   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
One part that stood out to me:

Thomas George: Texans continue to build and are improved. Prediction: 5-11

I don't have a problem with someone picking the team to finish 5-11 but at least give some explanation, don't just patronize us with some copy paste line. How are we continuing to build with a 5-11 record? If this did happen it would be a huge step back.
That prediction tells me they looked at the division and automatically assumed we will not beat anyone in the division.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
We're building, but what we're building really, really sucks.
We have three holes on defense....and one hole on offense...If Myers works out...how is that sucking ? We're a middle of the pack team with four holes. If we're lucky, we'll win a couple we weren't supposed to. Really Really sucks ? see Kansas City and Oakland. we're a far cry from that abyss. at least we have some hope.
Old 08-27-2008   #7
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I meant that from the guy writing the article's point of view. I don't really think that what we're building really, really sucks. I like what we're working towards.

I thought that was pretty clear. I guess not.
Old 08-28-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandt almost sounds like a homer... I mean, this is exactly why I'm optimistic

Quote:
Gil Brandt: The Texans have some good young players. The trio of QB Matt Schaub, RB Ahman Green and WR Andre Johnson missed a combined 22 games last season and they still won 8 games and lost 5 by a combined 36 points. Prediction: 9-7
A break here or there and we would have been 9-7 last season.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read