Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2008   #21
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Team Luncheon Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
TC, can you expound on real issues like Gibbs screaming at his players?

Oh wait, this is REAL Texans news, not butthurt "Gibbs won't talk to me" journalism. Thanks for the write up TC.

On JJ, did you get the feeling he's in high spirits and not letting his recent mistakes take its mental toll? Last year, after coming back from injury, I felt he was mentally affected and didn't come back aggressive and confident. I'm just wondering what's between the ears with this kid and if he's mentally tough enough to bounce back.
He is definitely in high spirits. He talked some about how media build you up too high when you do well, and that you are lower than low when you make mistakes. He said you just need to take care of business, stay positive and even headed, and it all ends up working out in the end.

He says he is growing out his mohawk and lightning bolts because he has a deal with David Anderson. Did not see the DA hair experience at the luncheon.

Overall, I really hope it all works out for him. He is a very nice, funny guy who is super nice to fans. He was starving and people kept giving him stuff to sign and he signed everything.

He traded a JJ autograph for a cheesecake--at the table you could have either this chocolate dessert or a cheesecake--he wanted the cheesecake over the chocolate.

You really really want to root for the guy...hopefully, it all comes together for him.
Old 08-27-2008   #22
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He did speak. He did a nice job. He was funny. Basically, it was a Q&A format, so he didn't have to have too much prepared to say.

Tell him that folks think he did a nice job.
Who is CT CSTM?
Old 08-27-2008   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Who is CT CSTM?
He provides Cars to the Stars. He's The Ridemaster.

He posted the link to his website at one point, very cool stuff.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #24
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, so thats how he knows all thep layers. Gotcha
Old 08-31-2008   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Because I always have more stuff to write than I have time to do it, here's my luncheon report:

Jacoby Jones Clowns DeMeco Ryans Bobblehead Doll

Has a short video I shot of Jacoby Jones making fun of bobblehead DeMeco. Pretty funny though not as funny as he is in person.

Also has various links....Harry Williams tribute...transcript of the words at the luncheon, etc.

Some years at the luncheon, you sit next to no personality players. This year we sat next to someone who had plenty of personality to spare....hopefully it all comes together for him. He is an easy guy to root for--hopefully he can get over his yips.
Old 08-31-2008   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because I always have more stuff to write than I have time to do it, here's my luncheon report:

Has a short video I shot of Jacoby Jones making fun of bobblehead DeMeco. Pretty funny though not as funny as he is in person.

Also has various links....Harry Williams tribute...transcript of the words at the luncheon, etc.

Some years at the luncheon, you sit next to no personality players. This year we sat next to someone who had plenty of personality to spare....hopefully it all comes together for him. He is an easy guy to root for--hopefully he can get over his yips.
Thanks for the update.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #27
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here, here. I really want JJ to succeed, but now have an extra special interest in seeing him do well because we now know what a cut up and nice guy he is. Thanks for the peek into his personality.

I also like the guys that cut up with the folks at 1560 doing little spots each week...I think Dave Anderson is one of them. They go out of their way to interact with those guys and make it fun for the fans to see what kind of guys we have on the team.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2008   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Here, here. I really want JJ to succeed, but now have an extra special interest in seeing him do well because we now know what a cut up and nice guy he is. Thanks for the peek into his personality.

I also like the guys that cut up with the folks at 1560 doing little spots each week...I think Dave Anderson is one of them. They go out of their way to interact with those guys and make it fun for the fans to see what kind of guys we have on the team.

David Anderson I think is going to be doing a regular thing with them. I got some good pictures of his hair that I hope to be posting soonishly.
Old 08-31-2008   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well TC ... are his hands as small as they say ? That was a concern before the draft .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read