Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2004   #21
redlion
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think you are getting a little too excited about this. I would just focus on the Texans winning next week.

I agree...
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #22
texansfan88
All Pro

I'm not excited about anything, I just showed people what it would take to get in and said that it isn't unreasonable to think that those teams could lose. Plus, I'm at work, you aren't allowed to get excited
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
all of this is just wishful thinking. there is no chance all of those teams lose.
Highly unlikely, yeah. But coming off watching what the Astros just did....ya never know.

And I don't think anybody really thinks it will happen, but the point is, we're going into week 16 and have still not been eliminated from playoff contention.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #24
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Right now i just want them to beat the Jags and take them out of the playoffs...Thats more realistic then us making it....And it would give the Texans more creditabliity next year...That is if they take out the Browns too..
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #25
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
A reminder of which teams to root for next week!

As you may know, the Texans aren't technically eliminated from the playoffs. Here is the scenario needed for the Texans to play in the post-season.

Week 16
Houston beats Jacksonville
Tennessee beats Denver
Pittsburgh beats Baltimore
San Francisco beats Buffalo

Week 17
Houston beats Cleveland
Miami beats Baltimore
Pittsburgh beats Buffalo
Oakland beats Jacksonville
Indianapolis beats Denver

If these games end with the above results then Houston, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Denver, and Baltimore would all be tied 8-8. The first tie-break is 1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. Of the five teams, only Houston and Jax are in the same division. Jacksonville is eliminated on head-to-head with Houston.

Down to HOU, DEN, BUF, and BAL.

The second tie-breaker is 2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.) This is not applicable as no team has beaten all other teams or lost to all other teams.

The third tie-breaker is 3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Given the above results, at the end of the season the AFC winning percentage would be: Houston 7-5; Denver, Baltimore, and Buffalo 5-7. Houston would get the spot.

Kansas City and Cincinnati are also 6-8 right now, but it doesn't matter what they do. Even if either KC or Cincinnati were to win out, neither would beat Houston in the tie-breakers.

Cincinnati would lose out to Baltimore in the first tie-breaker 1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.; they went 1-1 in the series, but Cincy is 2-4 in their division while Baltimore is 3-3.

If KC wins out, KC would beat Denver in the first tiebreaker 1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.; they split the season series, but KC would have a better division record (4-2) to Denver (3-3).

Replaying the above scenario with KC instead of Denver gets the following:

Between HOU, KC, BUF, and BAL there were no sweeps, so it would go to the third tie-breaker: 3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Given the above results, at the end of the season the AFC winning percentage would be: Houston and Kansas City 7-5; Baltimore, and Buffalo 5-7. Baltimore and Buffalo would be eliminated. Then the tie-breaks would start over between Houston and KC.

Tiebreak 1 does not apply as they are in different divisions. Houston wins on tiebreak two: 2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.) Because Houston was 1-0 against KC in the regular season, Houston would get the playoff spot.

Thanks to worgl for this work
Thats about as good as a chance as it snowing in Texas on Christmas........wait a minute,I think they are calling for a chance of snow this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #26
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

HELL YEA! I have never seen snow and my birthhday is Dec. 25! Suge-NA!
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #27
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Broncos, Jags, Ravens, and Bills will all win a game over the last 2 weeks. It's doubtful that all 4 will lose their last 2, but it is still possible. If the Texans win out and get beat because one of those teams wins a game at least they'll go down with a chance. It's the NFL and odder things have happened. The Bills/Niners and Dolphins/Ravens are probably the toughest games out there, but as someone else pointed out the Broncos look like crud and the Jags have a couple of tough matchups. At least it's interesting in the final 2 weeks.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2004   #28
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

We have 2 games left, what have we got to lose by thinking about the 1% chance? "Oh we'll just be disappointed", What's more disappointing is people giving up, or telling others to give up. Yea it's a longshot, but this team plays for a championship whether its year 3 or year 30 and as long as there is a slim chance, the only think we have to lose is what everyone already assumes is lost anyway.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #29
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

My only thought to all this is............... If we can not WALK into the playoffs, wild card or otherwise. what is the point on hoping that this other team looses or this team win for us to move up a spot. We will get to the play offs when we DESERVE it not when another team flakes out. We need to get our last two Wins and what happens happens.

But if we make it! Cool!
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #30
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Playoffs = More Texans games for me to watch

More Texans games for me to watch = Good

I don't care who deserves what if they found a way to sneak in.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that the only way I give this any consideration is if the scenario, as described by texansfan88 plays itself out through this coming weekend. Then, in the final week of the season I'll be thinking of this. Right now I don't really much care of the Texans get lucky and find themselves in a playoff game.

I just don't think the Texans are ready for the playoffs yet. This season, if we manage to beat our last two opponents then we'll have beaten bad teams and lost (sometimes badly) to good teams. It's almost creepy how clear the line is between the opponenets we've beaten and the ones who've beaten us. That tells me that we're first round fodder. Yes, anything can happen. The long odds, miracle stuff doesn't happen very often though.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #32
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
HELL YEA! I have never seen snow and my birthhday is Dec. 25! Suge-NA!
I just had mine this past 14th, Happy B-Day Texan fan
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #33
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I'm excited about it. Why would anyone not be??? There is a real chance with just two games left to play for everybody. This team could be there at the end. Nobody is talking about the Texans nationally, so it would be a surprise to most people. Some teams must lose out and we must win out, but it is just two games, it's not like four or five. And think of this, if Houston makes the playoffs they will have a MNF game next year.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #34
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the optomism
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #35
warpig

Buffalo lose to San Fran. Let us think about it. Buffalo d againist San Fran o. Let us look at this. WAKE UP and get out of Dreamland. Just can not see it.
Old 12-23-2004   #36
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i think the texans COULD make the wild card, but it likely wont happen ! San fran cant win that game !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #37
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that's what the Pats thought about Miami. Any given Sunday. However, the odds are WAY against it happening.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #38
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok its very unlikly to happen but it still COULD happen ! all i want for christmas is san to beat buff and all the other big up sets we need ! lol
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #39
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

puff puff pass
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #40
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig
Buffalo lose to San Fran. Let us think about it. Buffalo d againist San Fran o. Let us look at this. WAKE UP and get out of Dreamland. Just can not see it.
GEEZZZ, i agree....49 re's suck....lol...Buffalo is better then most ppl think....As i said before, i would be happy this year if we just won the last 2 games....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read