Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roster Cuts/Moves

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5963831.html

Harry has been told his career is over.

Cook was released and Abbate has taken his spot on the roster.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Harry Williams and Jameel Cook

Man, that truly sucks. The man was busting his hump to make this team. I wish him well on his recovery and future.

Old 08-25-2008   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang it!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Will that be two of the 5?
Old 08-25-2008   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

well since abbate was signed, no. that would be 1.
Old 08-25-2008   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the NFL hands him a big bag of $$. Sucky to see ones career go down the drain in a day :I
Old 08-25-2008   #7
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Is it possible to write anyone to make a limited number of H. Williams # 86 jerseys and/or T-shirts and for those purchased a portion will be donated to a charity say like National Spinal Cord Injury Association or The Gridiron Greats Fund

Any ideas....I would buy a Jersey and a Shirt

As soon as I saw Cook got arrested I knew Jon would come back
Old 08-25-2008   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Harry is a definate loss to this team, While cook has his head where the sun don't shine.

Prayers need to be sent Harry's way for a speedy recovery
Old 08-25-2008   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Hopefully Harry has some other options. Guys that gambled it all on football (and other sports) often don't have much of an alternate skill set.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Is it possible to write anyone to make a limited number of H. Williams # 86 jerseys and/or T-shirts and for those purchased a portion will be donated to a charity say like National Spinal Cord Injury Association or The Gridiron Greats Fund

Any ideas....I would buy a Jersey and a Shirt

As soon as I saw Cook got arrested I knew Jon would come back
That is actually a real good idea! Consider contacting the Texans administration with this idea ? Its one of these feel-good things that they cant refuse.
Old 08-25-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
That is actually a real good idea! Consider contacting the Texans administration with this idea ? Its one of these feel-good things that they cant refuse.
I often peruse the "questions for Nick" thread on the other board and he's apparently in the process of setting something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836
Besides all of our prayers and thought for Harry, could you or the organization set up a "get well" email spot, either here or the main page, specifically to send our encouragement to this "warrior" and fellow Texan?

Thanks! (And Harry, if you read this, get well soon!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nscurfield
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm setting up something now.

NS
http://68.252.159.115/showthread.php?t=7061&page=29

Here's a thread you can post your well wishes. Nick says he's going to print it off and show Harry when he arrives in Houston.

Even if you don't like that board go over and wish Harry well anyways.

http://68.252.159.115/showthread.php?t=7928

Last edited by HOU-TEX; 08-25-2008 at 04:29 PM.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to recall that when Frank Bush was a rookie and had some sort of injury that ended his career immediately. The Oilers (Mike Holovak?) gave him a job and he's worked his way up since then.

Maybe RS and Mr. McNair can see fit to find a staff position for Harry if he's coach material.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, sorry to hear about Harry, but after seeing that hit I knew he would probably not be playing football anymore. The way he was playing I think he had a good shot of making this team. It's just too bad it had to happen.

One guy's career is over because of injury, and another guy's career maybe over because he chose to throw it away. What can you say about Cook except don't let the door hit you on the way out! Dumb#ss! On the bright side, I love that Abbate is coming back!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

While watching sportscenter tonight I saw stories of chad johnson's torn labrum, brady's boot, umenyiora's knee, manning's whatever, merriman's pcl........

But NOTHING about this poor guy's career being over. Kevin Everett(also a special teamer) was all over the place when he got hurt and even on the Espy's.

What's the difference? The Texans not being on the east coast?

The man's career was ended and it just scrolls along the bottom, as if they are saying, "no biggie, but some guys neck got broken and career was ended this weekend...". Makes me sick.

Sorry, I just had to get that out.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First Round of Roster Cuts

From HT.com, nothing new except from Tim Carter and Fenton, and not too suprising at that.

Released FB Jameel Cook and WR Tim Carter.
Waived G Mark Fenton.
Placed WR Harry Williams and OL Scott Jackson on the reserve/injured list.
Placed CB Dunta Robinson on the reserve/PUP list.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

*edit - thanks for merging KT, I looked but didn't find the appropriate thread to put it in.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 08-26-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #16
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Round of Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
From HT.com, nothing new except from Tim Carter and Fenton, and not too suprising at that.

Released FB Jameel Cook and WR Tim Carter.
Waived G Mark Fenton.
Placed WR Harry Williams and OL Scott Jackson on the reserve/injured list.
Placed CB Dunta Robinson on the reserve/PUP list.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

*edit - thanks for merging KT, I looked but didn't find the appropriate thread to put it in.
So what does that have our roster number at?

Anymore to go for the first round of cuts?
Old 08-26-2008   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
So what does that have our roster number at?

Anymore to go for the first round of cuts?
Should be at 75 now with no cuts needed before Sunday (unless they sign somebody before then).
Old 08-26-2008   #18
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Should be at 75 now with no cuts needed before Sunday (unless they sign somebody before then).
Thanks Champ.

I guess things get really interesting Friday when the knives really come out.
Old 08-27-2008   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The cuts actually have to be in on Saturday, I think. But Smithiak has said that they're going to decide the cuts on Friday and tell the guys then.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cuts/Moves

they're going to be on the fence in a couple key areas, WR/special teams, DL, RB & CB. they stated the obvious making the it to the 75 roster limit but as yet have really cut no one expected to be there opening day. Any significant additions/subtractions will come post Friday. Starting with the game this thursday its going to be an eventful week leading up to the start of the 08 season.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read